Carphone Warehouse

Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

Business Analyst Interview

Process took 4 weeks, had to complete numeracy and reasoning test before a short phone interview. then asked to come in for a tour 2 weeks later before a full assessment day. Assessment day consisted of group exercises, competency based interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question but probably most difficult would be describe a situation where you influenced someone   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2014.

Firstly had a phone interview which was done by a nice young lady asking me about my past experiences and what is good customer service. Was called the next day informing me they would like me to come for an interview.
    Was also interviews by a young woman, make sure u always give a hand shake when you first meet. The interview was done in three steps,
    1. Product demo
    2. Role Play
    3. Competency-Based Interview

Don't worry if your not good in role playing because I'm not myself, just read the leaflet the give you thoroughly and speak clearly. They also ask you questions on your past experiences and your customer service experience so be prepared of what your going to say.

No Negotiation

Customer Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

The process took a day - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse
    I have applied online for temporary position over Christmas period.
    Very friendly interview, lots of scenario type questions. I was asked to demonstrate a product.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see when you come to Carphone Warehouse store.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Had an initial phone interview and then a face-to-face interview with hiring managers as well as several contacts from company internal recruitment professional. They promised to contact me with the decision but never heard anything from the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very friendly interview, question were related to past problem situations and how to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Resourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in June 2012.

The whole process was very smooth. Originally contacted them via LinkedIn, got an immediate reply and was then booked an interview. The interview lasted 1 hour and gave me a very full idea of the job role and all the required attributes.There was an oportunity to ask questions and also to fully describe my abilities and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2011.

Initially invited to interview by email. Interview was held at a large Central London Hotel.

Interview consisted of a group discussion, role play and interview over the course of several hours.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate for this position than CANDIDATE NAME?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in November 2009.

I Applied for a sales consultant job online and received call 2 weeks after that. The interview was ok, I was asked some basic questions like why are you applying for this job, where do you see yourself in three years. i was asked to sell a wireless broadband and why I am leaving my current job. it was a very friendly environment.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lochs, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lochs, Scotland (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2009.

Recruiter rang me to go for a group interview and we went through several exercises including team exercises (scenario based), presentation (selling a random item in front of the whole group) and an individual written exercise on a specific scenario and how you would deal with the situation.

My advise is read about CPW five fundamentals as this is their culture and all questions are based around this.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a situation in store when there is a huge queue and you are currently dealing with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you have had a conflict and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    no negotiating

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2008.

asked all the things which I think was irrelevant because i knew this job was going to be offered as there were no emp in the technology they were looking for in kerala...so i was sure the technical rounds and HR rounds were irelevant for anything ...whats distance between my house and office and convert them into different formats of measures and how would you interpret the data.

Interview Questions
    barely any chance to negotiate....take it or leave it

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in February 2008.

Telephone Interview, Followed by Assessment centre and one-one interview with hiring manager