Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

Team Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency offering a contract role. The interview was set up the same day. I was impressed with the speed that they moved.
    The actual interview was however abit tedious and both interviewers seemed abit inexperienced. They did not sell the company and despite the positive feedback that I received I was put off.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

role play, you are put into a situation were you are selling your phone to one of the interviewers. I was given three contracts to sell to the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your phone? The phone you own   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

I had a phonecall from their recruiters on Thursday asking if I could get in tomorrow. I had the interview Friday and I was told the outcome that day. I hope this helps you guys going for interview.

There is two managers one from the store you applied for and another one from another local store. Both of mine were so lovely and made me feel at ease the whole way through my interview.

First they gave me a sheet with a phone on with key points of the phone and I had to remember the benefits of them and then sell it back to them. Which was pretty easy just a memory game.

The next bit I had to sell another phone but find out which phone would be beneficial by asking questions for example what do they use on a phone ect which was harder.

The end they ask you questions like can you tell me a time when you have sorted out a problem at work? When you've worked well in a team? A question about targets ect.

I have no experience working with phones but I got offered the job and the recruitment guy said the other two candidates were much more experience than me but they loved my drive, enthusiasm and personality. So be yourself and be interested! Personality is everything. Hope this helps anyone going for an inte

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to sell something and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online for this role; the process took no more than 15 minutes and I was contacted by phone within three days by a very nice recruiter who asked some basic competency questions and notified me that I was successful at this stage of the interview process.

Unfortunately, that's where my pleasant dealings with this company ended. I arrived for an in-store interview at 3:00pm - the agreed time - and was informed that my interviewers were running late and forced to sit in the furthest corner of the store until they arrived.

I was interviewed by two Store Managers - one from another branch of the company. Throughout the interview, both of these persons acted in a very unprofessional manner. The main point that stuck with me was that one of these interviewers kept almost bursting out laughing every time I was half way through a question, despite there not being anything even remotely funny about the subject matter or about me as a person. As a result of this, I felt "off my game" and completely fumbled almost the entire interview. When I paused half-way through to ask what was so funny, I was met with glares and they exchanged schoolgirl-ish looks before continuing on with the interview, as if the question had not been asked at all.

Needless to say, I am appalled at the behaviour I have witnessed and lodged a complaint with the Carphone Warehouse head office. I do not believe that any individual should be treated in such a manner, and therefore would not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hour long assessment involving a get to you know session with other candidates and then a one on one interview requiring you to do a sales demo of your own mobile phone, and answering questions about past experiences. Do some research on the company as they will ask how much you know about carphone warehouse.

Interview Questions

• During the group session we were asked what animal we would be. Bit bizarre and I struggled to find an interesting answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked the guy at the end of my one on one interview how long it would take to hear if I was successful and he told me within 72 hours. However five minutes later I was told I got the job!

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on CPW's careers website. Received a call from a recruiter the day later. During this phone call I actually passed an initial interview (which I was not expecting, but I was prepared for it), as I was asked about my knowledge about the company, my previous experience (I was working in a telecom company) and I was also asked what phone I own. When I answered, recruiter asked me to try to sell that phone to him. When these questions were asked, recruiter offered me to attend a 1:1 interview two days later.

One on one interview was split in parts. Firstly I had to say something about myself and I was asked some additional questions to that. Then there were some competency-based questions (previous experience, how was I working in a team, when have I given good customer support, how did I deal with problems etc.). After that I had to do a role play on selling a phone service to a specific customer (recruiter was role-playing as a truck driver who needed many minutes to talk and a good battery). I was told to have the results of the interview two days later, which was correct.

Interview Questions

• Examples of previous working in a team
      Explain how you have given good customer service?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very clear and acceptable conditions from the beginning

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Process took 4 weeks, had to complete numeracy and reasoning test before a short phone interview. then asked to come in for a tour 2 weeks later before a full assessment day. Assessment day consisted of group exercises, competency based interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question but probably most difficult would be describe a situation where you influenced someone   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 5 days to receive a telephone interview and after a short while a date was arranged to meet the branch manager for a face-to-face interview. There were other applicants at the place I took the interview, however it was not a group interview/discussion. Interview lasted 30mins and were scenario-based questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to try and sell a computer to a customer who worked as a farmer and had no experience with technical language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ensure you apply to a store with a good community, as these are the people you will be facing daily.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Basildon, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Firstly had a phone interview which was done by a nice young lady asking me about my past experiences and what is good customer service. Was called the next day informing me they would like me to come for an interview.
    Was also interviews by a young woman, make sure u always give a hand shake when you first meet. The interview was done in three steps,
    1. Product demo
    2. Role Play
    3. Competency-Based Interview

Don't worry if your not good in role playing because I'm not myself, just read the leaflet the give you thoroughly and speak clearly. They also ask you questions on your past experiences and your customer service experience so be prepared of what your going to say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse
    I have applied online for temporary position over Christmas period.
    Very friendly interview, lots of scenario type questions. I was asked to demonstrate a product.

Interview Questions

• What do you see when you come to Carphone Warehouse store.   Answer Question