Carphone Warehouse

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Consultant
Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2014.

Interview Details – Firstly had a phone interview which was done by a nice young lady asking me about my past experiences and what is good customer service. Was called the next day informing me they would like me to come for an interview.
Was also interviews by a young woman, make sure u always give a hand shake when you first meet. The interview was done in three steps,
1. Product demo
2. Role Play
3. Competency-Based Interview

Don't worry if your not good in role playing because I'm not myself, just read the leaflet the give you thoroughly and speak clearly. They also ask you questions on your past experiences and your customer service experience so be prepared of what your going to say.

Interview Question – When have you given great customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Customer Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview Details – The process took a day - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse
I have applied online for temporary position over Christmas period.
Very friendly interview, lots of scenario type questions. I was asked to demonstrate a product.

Interview Question – What do you see when you come to Carphone Warehouse store.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initially invited to interview by email. Interview was held at a large Central London Hotel.

Interview consisted of a group discussion, role play and interview over the course of several hours.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate for this position than CANDIDATE NAME?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview and then a face-to-face interview with hiring managers as well as several contacts from company internal recruitment professional. They promised to contact me with the decision but never heard anything from the company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, very friendly interview, question were related to past problem situations and how to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Resourcing Consultant Interview

Resourcing Consultant
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in June 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process was very smooth. Originally contacted them via LinkedIn, got an immediate reply and was then booked an interview. The interview lasted 1 hour and gave me a very full idea of the job role and all the required attributes.There was an oportunity to ask questions and also to fully describe my abilities and skills.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in February 2008.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview, Followed by Assessment centre and one-one interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – How did you overcome adversity/challenge?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2008.

Interview Details – asked all the things which I think was irrelevant because i knew this job was going to be offered as there were no emp in the technology they were looking for in kerala...so i was sure the technical rounds and HR rounds were irelevant for anything ...whats distance between my house and office and convert them into different formats of measures and how would you interpret the data.

Interview Question – whats the distance from my home to office...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – barely any chance to negotiate....take it or leave it

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Lochs, Scotland (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter rang me to go for a group interview and we went through several exercises including team exercises (scenario based), presentation (selling a random item in front of the whole group) and an individual written exercise on a specific scenario and how you would deal with the situation.

My advise is read about CPW five fundamentals as this is their culture and all questions are based around this.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation in store when there is a huge queue and you are currently dealing with a customer?   Answer Question
  • Describe when you have had a conflict and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in November 2009.

Interview Details – I Applied for a sales consultant job online and received call 2 weeks after that. The interview was ok, I was asked some basic questions like why are you applying for this job, where do you see yourself in three years. i was asked to sell a wireless broadband and why I am leaving my current job. it was a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

Worked for Carphone Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!