Carphone Warehouse

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Consultant Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

I had a phonecall from their recruiters on Thursday asking if I could get in tomorrow. I had the interview Friday and I was told the outcome that day. I hope this helps you guys going for interview.

There is two managers one from the store you applied for and another one from another local store. Both of mine were so lovely and made me feel at ease the whole way through my interview.

First they gave me a sheet with a phone on with key points of the phone and I had to remember the benefits of them and then sell it back to them. Which was pretty easy just a memory game.

The next bit I had to sell another phone but find out which phone would be beneficial by asking questions for example what do they use on a phone ect which was harder.

The end they ask you questions like can you tell me a time when you have sorted out a problem at work? When you've worked well in a team? A question about targets ect.

I have no experience working with phones but I got offered the job and the recruitment guy said the other two candidates were much more experience than me but they loved my drive, enthusiasm and personality. So be yourself and be interested! Personality is everything. Hope this helps anyone going for an inte

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you have had to sell something and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in December 2014.

I initially applied online for this role; the process took no more than 15 minutes and I was contacted by phone within three days by a very nice recruiter who asked some basic competency questions and notified me that I was successful at this stage of the interview process.

Unfortunately, that's where my pleasant dealings with this company ended. I arrived for an in-store interview at 3:00pm - the agreed time - and was informed that my interviewers were running late and forced to sit in the furthest corner of the store until they arrived.

I was interviewed by two Store Managers - one from another branch of the company. Throughout the interview, both of these persons acted in a very unprofessional manner. The main point that stuck with me was that one of these interviewers kept almost bursting out laughing every time I was half way through a question, despite there not being anything even remotely funny about the subject matter or about me as a person. As a result of this, I felt "off my game" and completely fumbled almost the entire interview. When I paused half-way through to ask what was so funny, I was met with glares and they exchanged schoolgirl-ish looks before continuing on with the interview, as if the question had not been asked at all.

Needless to say, I am appalled at the behaviour I have witnessed and lodged a complaint with the Carphone Warehouse head office. I do not believe that any individual should be treated in such a manner, and therefore would not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in November 2014.

Hour long assessment involving a get to you know session with other candidates and then a one on one interview requiring you to do a sales demo of your own mobile phone, and answering questions about past experiences. Do some research on the company as they will ask how much you know about carphone warehouse.

Interview Questions
    • During the group session we were asked what animal we would be. Bit bizarre and I struggled to find an interesting answer.   Answer Question
    I asked the guy at the end of my one on one interview how long it would take to hear if I was successful and he told me within 72 hours. However five minutes later I was told I got the job!

Business Analyst Interview

Process took 4 weeks, had to complete numeracy and reasoning test before a short phone interview. then asked to come in for a tour 2 weeks later before a full assessment day. Assessment day consisted of group exercises, competency based interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question but probably most difficult would be describe a situation where you influenced someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in August 2014.

Applied online, took 5 days to receive a telephone interview and after a short while a date was arranged to meet the branch manager for a face-to-face interview. There were other applicants at the place I took the interview, however it was not a group interview/discussion. Interview lasted 30mins and were scenario-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to try and sell a computer to a customer who worked as a farmer and had no experience with technical language.   Answer Question
    Ensure you apply to a store with a good community, as these are the people you will be facing daily.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2014.

Firstly had a phone interview which was done by a nice young lady asking me about my past experiences and what is good customer service. Was called the next day informing me they would like me to come for an interview.
    Was also interviews by a young woman, make sure u always give a hand shake when you first meet. The interview was done in three steps,
    1. Product demo
    2. Role Play
    3. Competency-Based Interview

Don't worry if your not good in role playing because I'm not myself, just read the leaflet the give you thoroughly and speak clearly. They also ask you questions on your past experiences and your customer service experience so be prepared of what your going to say.

No Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Had an initial phone interview and then a face-to-face interview with hiring managers as well as several contacts from company internal recruitment professional. They promised to contact me with the decision but never heard anything from the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very friendly interview, question were related to past problem situations and how to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Resourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in June 2012.

The whole process was very smooth. Originally contacted them via LinkedIn, got an immediate reply and was then booked an interview. The interview lasted 1 hour and gave me a very full idea of the job role and all the required attributes.There was an oportunity to ask questions and also to fully describe my abilities and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in July 2011.

Initially invited to interview by email. Interview was held at a large Central London Hotel.

Interview consisted of a group discussion, role play and interview over the course of several hours.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate for this position than CANDIDATE NAME?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse in November 2009.

I Applied for a sales consultant job online and received call 2 weeks after that. The interview was ok, I was asked some basic questions like why are you applying for this job, where do you see yourself in three years. i was asked to sell a wireless broadband and why I am leaving my current job. it was a very friendly environment.