Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the careers website, and received a call from recruitment within 3 days. I was offered an interview that week, which was held in the office of a branch. This was a 2:1 interview with two managers from stores in the area. I was asked some competency based questions, then asked to take part in a short role play exercise where I had to 'sell' my own phone to one of the managers. Both managers were very friendly and put me at ease during the interview - Being honest and letting your personality shine through worked great for me. At the end of the interview, I was given the chance to ask the interviewers questions which was really helpful, as it let me find out a bit more about working for the company especially in that area.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously gone above and beyond to give good service to a customer?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest goal achieved, and what did you do to overcome obstacles to achieve it?   7 Answers

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their website and then had a phone call a couple of weeks later. I was asked a few brief questions and was accepted to the interview. The interview was really chilled, 1 to 1 and slightly informal. I was interrupted a few times by a Polish colleague who worked there who was making lots of loud noises and interrupted our interview by asking the Manager silly questions. It was rude but didn't put me off. I was told I would hear back in a couple of days but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Carphone Warehouse? What would you do if a colleague with struggling with an impatient customer?   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Acton, London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First step was an interview with their talent recruiter before a second interview with the direct line manager. Apparently there would have been a third step with the group CEO which was already putting me off the company as it gives the impression that no one can make a decision on their own.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you do about Carphone, what do you think Carphone's next big challenge is?   1 Answer

Team Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency offering a contract role. The interview was set up the same day. I was impressed with the speed that they moved. The actual interview was however abit tedious and both interviewers seemed abit inexperienced. They did not sell the company and despite the positive feedback that I received I was put off.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 3 days later I had received an invite by email asking me to attend a group interview. Unfortunately my phones GPS did not work once I got out of London Underground (Using Google Maps to get to the destination) which ended up making me two minutes late to my interview. I go to the waiting area and one of the interview co-ordinators told me the interview had started and asked if I would still like to go in or wait for the next one which was in an hours time. Because I was only TWO minutes late, I agreed to go into the session that was taking place, to then be bombarded with poor sarcastic jokes about my tardiness by the managers. As the explanation of their company morals passes, the interview time has come. However, the managers talked amongst themselves briefly and suddenly everyone but myself was escorted out of the room to 'do individual interviews'. I was left with one manager and was asked the mediocre interview questions, which lasted a total of 3 minutes, and then said that I would know their decision in 3 days. Why this whole interview made me raise an eyebrow is because in the email, the brief stated more than one task would take place on the day which was supposed to last minimum 2 hours - it's as if they were punishing me for being two minutes late. If they were so upset about it, they could have denied my entry into their session. 3 days later, no response...5th day I contacted HR and they said that the agency that does recruitment for CPW has not said anything about me 'yet' and that they would chase it up immediately. A week after that I emailed HR about the situation and 7 months later I am yet to hear back from Carphone Warehouse. I am not shocked at all. After this company joined Currys PC World I knew it was going to be the rise and fall of CPW.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

role play, you are put into a situation were you are selling your phone to one of the interviewers. I was given three contracts to sell to the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your phone? The phone you own   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

I had a phonecall from their recruiters on Thursday asking if I could get in tomorrow. I had the interview Friday and I was told the outcome that day. I hope this helps you guys going for interview. There is two managers one from the store you applied for and another one from another local store. Both of mine were so lovely and made me feel at ease the whole way through my interview. First they gave me a sheet with a phone on with key points of the phone and I had to remember the benefits of them and then sell it back to them. Which was pretty easy just a memory game. The next bit I had to sell another phone but find out which phone would be beneficial by asking questions for example what do they use on a phone ect which was harder. The end they ask you questions like can you tell me a time when you have sorted out a problem at work? When you've worked well in a team? A question about targets ect. I have no experience working with phones but I got offered the job and the recruitment guy said the other two candidates were much more experience than me but they loved my drive, enthusiasm and personality. So be yourself and be interested! Personality is everything. Hope this helps anyone going for an inte

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to sell something and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online for this role; the process took no more than 15 minutes and I was contacted by phone within three days by a very nice recruiter who asked some basic competency questions and notified me that I was successful at this stage of the interview process. Unfortunately, that's where my pleasant dealings with this company ended. I arrived for an in-store interview at 3:00pm - the agreed time - and was informed that my interviewers were running late and forced to sit in the furthest corner of the store until they arrived. I was interviewed by two Store Managers - one from another branch of the company. Throughout the interview, both of these persons acted in a very unprofessional manner. The main point that stuck with me was that one of these interviewers kept almost bursting out laughing every time I was half way through a question, despite there not being anything even remotely funny about the subject matter or about me as a person. As a result of this, I felt "off my game" and completely fumbled almost the entire interview. When I paused half-way through to ask what was so funny, I was met with glares and they exchanged schoolgirl-ish looks before continuing on with the interview, as if the question had not been asked at all. Needless to say, I am appalled at the behaviour I have witnessed and lodged a complaint with the Carphone Warehouse head office. I do not believe that any individual should be treated in such a manner, and therefore would not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

They were bulk recruiting in the Xmas period and from what I can remember, there was a phone interview, followed by a Group & 1 on 1 interview in Central London, followed by ~ 2 induction days followed by actual work. It was all pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Customer Service questions, past work history questions, availability, travel time etc. Group & 1 on 1 interview: Informal group chat followed by a 1 on 1 interview with an assessor. Main thing I remember about the 1 on 1 interview was that I had to sell my phone to the assessor - they tell you about this in the phone interview and thus you have a couple of days time to prepare for this.   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hour long assessment involving a get to you know session with other candidates and then a one on one interview requiring you to do a sales demo of your own mobile phone, and answering questions about past experiences. Do some research on the company as they will ask how much you know about carphone warehouse.

Interview Questions

• During the group session we were asked what animal we would be. Bit bizarre and I struggled to find an interesting answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked the guy at the end of my one on one interview how long it would take to hear if I was successful and he told me within 72 hours. However five minutes later I was told I got the job!