Carrabba's Italian Grill

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.4

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Wasted time Over a two week period, emailing, calls, and phone interviews, just to be told they wanted someone with more casual dining experience. My experience is mostly military, but food service is food service. If you intend to provide all the necessary training then my background should not be that big of an issue. The recruiter I spoke with basically said that she thought the job would be difficult for me to handle, even before my actual interview. I hate for someone to tell me what I can't do. BUT!, in the end I was offered a job as a server��yay.. thanks for telling me what you think I'm worth. Pretty sure I won't be eating there anymore.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Pretty easy process. I put in an application and was contacted by a manager to come in for an interview on a day that was convenient for me. All of the questions were pretty easy, nothing too difficult or that would have required thought before-hand.

Line Cook Interview

It was really easy. I came in and interview for about 15 minutes and was able to get the job. Just make sure hey are hiering before you go in. The usually only hire off of refferances. Good job with good hours .

Server/Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Very basic, nothing out of the ordinary

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Server job.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Very laid back, wanted to know prior experience and what you would bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • How would your employees say you handle a stressful situation   Answer Question
    No negotiation, strict pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

very fast interview, one full week of training and its hard

Interview Questions
    • whats cavatappi amatriciana, its a corkscrew pasta with a crushed tomato sauce.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Called in for interview after applying online. Took about one week. Met with the general manger, waited about 10 minutes after interview time. Started with small talk and then asked mostly general interview questions. Why do you want to work for Carrabba'ss? How would you handle the stress of being a server? The total interview was about an hour, nothing too challenging and I was offered a job on the spot.

Carside Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in December 2013.

Interview was just like an other, met at the restaurant, asked me about my experience and hired me.

Hostess and To-Go Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later to come in for an interview. I had my first interview with a manager on a Tuesday and he asked me basic interview questions like tell me about yourself, what do you like to do, why do you want to work here, what days/hours, job experience and things like that. He then asked me what day i could come back and meet with another manager.
    I came back two days later and met with a second manager who again asked me why i wanted to work here, my age, my job experience. we talked about problems at my other job, what he expects of me, what the job basically does.
    I got the job and will be going back in on Monday for a what i think he called an "on morning" im not sure.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic questions but when i told him about problems at my other job he asked "Give me an example of when a manager has been disrespectful"   Answer Question
    We were able to negotiate my piercings. You can't negotiate hostess wages.