Carrabba's Italian Grill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.3

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple, standard questions. The interviewer basically used my online profile to judge who I was before the interview so by the time of the interview, he seemed prepared to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing to remember while working?   1 Answer

Partner In Training Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

Very positive about the company and culture
    a bit vague on some issues regarding training
    hiring process was painless
    no official offer letter
    no official benefits package
    East Coast locations are chauvenistic, learned in hindsight.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and how you react.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They offered what I wanted but I discovered later they play games with salaries by not revealing their 'bonus structure' for managers and by making managers hourly during training.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

Wasted time Over a two week period, emailing, calls, and phone interviews, just to be told they wanted someone with more casual dining experience. My experience is mostly military, but food service is food service. If you intend to provide all the necessary training then my background should not be that big of an issue. The recruiter I spoke with basically said that she thought the job would be difficult for me to handle, even before my actual interview. I hate for someone to tell me what I can't do. BUT!, in the end I was offered a job as a server��yay.. thanks for telling me what you think I'm worth. Pretty sure I won't be eating there anymore.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Gainesville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Didn't even have to interview! Hired on spot. Applied online, came in to speak with a manager, he asked about prior restaurant experience, got the job immediately. Had orientation the following day where I was put into the employee system and started training the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Houston, TX).

Interview

Pretty easy process. I put in an application and was contacted by a manager to come in for an interview on a day that was convenient for me. All of the questions were pretty easy, nothing too difficult or that would have required thought before-hand.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Online application, online personality screening, 15 minute interview to see how you would handle certain situations. Very easy as long as you have common sense. Dress professional and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who was not pulling their weight?   1 Answer
    • If you see an item in a guests glass what would you do?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Interview

It was really easy. I came in and interview for about 15 minutes and was able to get the job. Just make sure hey are hiering before you go in. The usually only hire off of refferances. Good job with good hours .

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

Very basic, nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Nottingham, MD).

Interview

Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Server job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

Very laid back, wanted to know prior experience and what you would bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• How would your employees say you handle a stressful situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, strict pay scale