Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.5

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

As part of my interview I was required to carry a large tray with plates on it to prove I had credible serving experience. Keep in mind that you'll have to complete a 100 question test involving the ingredients of all of the menu items after your week of training. You have to score a 90% or above and I failed to do so twice. That was literally one of the hardest tests I've ever taken in my life..

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite item on the menu? Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in July 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with the assistant manager. Final interview with the proprietor. Semi-Formal. The interview takes place in the restaurant, during closed hours. One on one, very casual. They have a list of questions that they ask every person hired. They are looking for answers that support team work and common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Online application, online personality screening, 15 minute interview to see how you would handle certain situations. Very easy as long as you have common sense. Dress professional and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who was not pulling their weight?   1 Answer
    • If you see an item in a guests glass what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Nottingham, MD).

Interview

Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Server job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Interview

Called in for interview after applying online. Took about one week. Met with the general manger, waited about 10 minutes after interview time. Started with small talk and then asked mostly general interview questions. Why do you want to work for Carrabba'ss? How would you handle the stress of being a server? The total interview was about an hour, nothing too challenging and I was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Troy, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

very fast interview, one full week of training and its hard

Interview Questions

• whats cavatappi amatriciana, its a corkscrew pasta with a crushed tomato sauce.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Got a call a few weeks after applying. Came in and had a interview with the assistant manager first. After the assailant thinks you will be a good "buddy" then you move on to the GM which is easy because he will just talk your ears off and you just got to nod your head and be enthusiastic

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fit in ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. You just have to move up the ladder to get paid more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Greenfield, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

One interview with the manager. Was very simple and was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your most recent position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Canton, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

i had a great interview, sat down talked about myself for a few and then after about 20 minutes later, i had the job.

Interview Questions

• i was basically asked when annoys me the most about working in the restaurant industy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be yourself, smile.

Server Interview

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Initial steps included going to restaurant to complete application, complete assessment including math questions and service questions and pass. I was told a bit about Carrabba's , although I already knew the majority of it as i had checked out the place before I interviewed. Questions basically asked about previous experience, why this company, and a few question regarding what if a customer....This was with the assistant manager and then the next step was to interview with the Manager. Pretty much the same routine.

Interview Questions

• Their were no difficult questions, however, I was unaware of the menu test that had to be passed by 90% prior to employment. The test included any menu item and required knowledge as extensive as to what ingredients were in them right down to the salt. I was also surprised that you were expected to buy a uniform for floor training prior to actually knowing if you would pass the test and/ or be hired. Kind of backwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible with this type of job. Base plus tips