Carrabba's Italian Grill

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Server job.

Other Interview Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

very fast interview, one full week of training and its hard

Interview Questions
    • whats cavatappi amatriciana, its a corkscrew pasta with a crushed tomato sauce.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Called in for interview after applying online. Took about one week. Met with the general manger, waited about 10 minutes after interview time. Started with small talk and then asked mostly general interview questions. Why do you want to work for Carrabba'ss? How would you handle the stress of being a server? The total interview was about an hour, nothing too challenging and I was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in October 2013.

One interview with the manager. Was very simple and was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at your most recent position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in August 2013.

i had a great interview, sat down talked about myself for a few and then after about 20 minutes later, i had the job.

Interview Questions
    • i was basically asked when annoys me the most about working in the restaurant industy.   Answer Question
    just be yourself, smile.

Server Interview

The interview process was very simple. Initial steps included going to restaurant to complete application, complete assessment including math questions and service questions and pass. I was told a bit about Carrabba's , although I already knew the majority of it as i had checked out the place before I interviewed. Questions basically asked about previous experience, why this company, and a few question regarding what if a customer....This was with the assistant manager and then the next step was to interview with the Manager. Pretty much the same routine.

Interview Questions
    • Their were no difficult questions, however, I was unaware of the menu test that had to be passed by 90% prior to employment. The test included any menu item and required knowledge as extensive as to what ingredients were in them right down to the salt. I was also surprised that you were expected to buy a uniform for floor training prior to actually knowing if you would pass the test and/ or be hired. Kind of backwards.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible with this type of job. Base plus tips

Server Interview

Although each location is run by the owner/operator, employee application is made online through the national office of Bloomin' Brands. I applied for a position through that website for a Carrabba's location where I know 5 employees, and my name was favorably mentioned to the owner/operator by a well regarded, trusted employee. It was also at a time that I understood they were looking to hire.
    After a little over 4 weeks I have not heard back. I have no idea if the application even made it to the location as the national office may have filtered it out. Maybe they didn't like the evaluation from the personality test administered as part of the application? I didn't want my friends to pester the owner/operator to the point he might become aggravated with them. I subsequently learned that the owner/operator wanted to make some management changes and so he was putting off things until that has been resolved. I may still go to talk to him personally without being called.
    My point is that when you apply through a national office for a job where the hiring decision is made locally, you never know what might affect your chances. The local operator may be forgetful or get distracted. Someone who does office work locally might make a mistake on the computer or intentionally delete or overlook or misdirect your application. Just a reminder that it can be worthwhile for you to follow up in person if there is no response from the location to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2013.

Online application process...About 150 question personality test is part of the application. I interviewed with the owner. Learned a lot about the company's history, expectations and growth. Interview was held in the restaurant during non business hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was your first impression of the restaurant? What catches your eye and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in September 2012.

two face to face interviews with managers. asked about work history and experiences with customer relations.

Interview Questions
    • what 3 things make eating at a restaurant a great experience?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in July 2012.

I applied online
    I was called within a week
    Setup an interview for the next day
    I was offered a drink and sat down with the manager
    I handed him my resume and he did the majority of talking
    He definitely made me WANT to work there more than I did when I applied
    He asked me two ore three questions and I explain how much and why I wanted to work at Carraba's and then he offered me the job and of course, I accepted!!!