Carrabba's Italian Grill

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Troy, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Interview Details – very fast interview, one full week of training and its hard

Interview Question – whats cavatappi amatriciana, its a corkscrew pasta with a crushed tomato sauce.   Answer Question

Nottingham, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview Details – Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Question – Most difficult was the menu test to follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Server job.

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Interview Details – Called in for interview after applying online. Took about one week. Met with the general manger, waited about 10 minutes after interview time. Started with small talk and then asked mostly general interview questions. Why do you want to work for Carrabba'ss? How would you handle the stress of being a server? The total interview was about an hour, nothing too challenging and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer sent his meal back?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Greenfield, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with the manager. Was very simple and was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience at your most recent position   Answer Question

Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in August 2009.

Interview Details – They put you through a string of interviews..Like about 3.. They want you to pass a personality test to see if they think you will be good with the customers.

Interview Question – How do you handle a customer that thinks you messed up there whole order?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating..

Canton, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in August 2013.

Interview Details – i had a great interview, sat down talked about myself for a few and then after about 20 minutes later, i had the job.

Interview Question – i was basically asked when annoys me the most about working in the restaurant industy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just be yourself, smile.

Interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. Initial steps included going to restaurant to complete application, complete assessment including math questions and service questions and pass. I was told a bit about Carrabba's , although I already knew the majority of it as i had checked out the place before I interviewed. Questions basically asked about previous experience, why this company, and a few question regarding what if a customer....This was with the assistant manager and then the next step was to interview with the Manager. Pretty much the same routine.

Interview Question – Their were no difficult questions, however, I was unaware of the menu test that had to be passed by 90% prior to employment. The test included any menu item and required knowledge as extensive as to what ingredients were in them right down to the salt. I was also surprised that you were expected to buy a uniform for floor training prior to actually knowing if you would pass the test and/ or be hired. Kind of backwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible with this type of job. Base plus tips

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very laid back, started as a busser, so the interview was just to make sure I am a social, and willing to work for more than just a few months.

Interview Question – None, server exam was very difficult though - unlimited attempts allowed.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill

Interview Details – Although each location is run by the owner/operator, employee application is made online through the national office of Bloomin' Brands. I applied for a position through that website for a Carrabba's location where I know 5 employees, and my name was favorably mentioned to the owner/operator by a well regarded, trusted employee. It was also at a time that I understood they were looking to hire.
After a little over 4 weeks I have not heard back. I have no idea if the application even made it to the location as the national office may have filtered it out. Maybe they didn't like the evaluation from the personality test administered as part of the application? I didn't want my friends to pester the owner/operator to the point he might become aggravated with them. I subsequently learned that the owner/operator wanted to make some management changes and so he was putting off things until that has been resolved. I may still go to talk to him personally without being called.
My point is that when you apply through a national office for a job where the hiring decision is made locally, you never know what might affect your chances. The local operator may be forgetful or get distracted. Someone who does office work locally might make a mistake on the computer or intentionally delete or overlook or misdirect your application. Just a reminder that it can be worthwhile for you to follow up in person if there is no response from the location to you.

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online application process...About 150 question personality test is part of the application. I interviewed with the owner. Learned a lot about the company's history, expectations and growth. Interview was held in the restaurant during non business hours.

Interview Question – What was your first impression of the restaurant? What catches your eye and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carrabba's Italian Grill

Worked for Carrabba's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carrabba's Italian Grill Server interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carrabba's Italian Grill employees and interview candidates.