Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.4

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Online application, online personality screening, 15 minute interview to see how you would handle certain situations. Very easy as long as you have common sense. Dress professional and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who was not pulling their weight?   1 Answer
  • If you see an item in a guests glass what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Nottingham, MD).

Interview

Interview with Proprieter, then aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Server job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Troy, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

very fast interview, one full week of training and its hard

Interview Questions

• whats cavatappi amatriciana, its a corkscrew pasta with a crushed tomato sauce.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill in January 2014.

Interview

Called in for interview after applying online. Took about one week. Met with the general manger, waited about 10 minutes after interview time. Started with small talk and then asked mostly general interview questions. Why do you want to work for Carrabba'ss? How would you handle the stress of being a server? The total interview was about an hour, nothing too challenging and I was offered a job on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Greenfield, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

One interview with the manager. Was very simple and was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your most recent position   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Canton, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

i had a great interview, sat down talked about myself for a few and then after about 20 minutes later, i had the job.

Interview Questions

• i was basically asked when annoys me the most about working in the restaurant industy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be yourself, smile.

Server Interview

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Initial steps included going to restaurant to complete application, complete assessment including math questions and service questions and pass. I was told a bit about Carrabba's , although I already knew the majority of it as i had checked out the place before I interviewed. Questions basically asked about previous experience, why this company, and a few question regarding what if a customer....This was with the assistant manager and then the next step was to interview with the Manager. Pretty much the same routine.

Interview Questions

• Their were no difficult questions, however, I was unaware of the menu test that had to be passed by 90% prior to employment. The test included any menu item and required knowledge as extensive as to what ingredients were in them right down to the salt. I was also surprised that you were expected to buy a uniform for floor training prior to actually knowing if you would pass the test and/ or be hired. Kind of backwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible with this type of job. Base plus tips

Server Interview

Interview

Although each location is run by the owner/operator, employee application is made online through the national office of Bloomin' Brands. I applied for a position through that website for a Carrabba's location where I know 5 employees, and my name was favorably mentioned to the owner/operator by a well regarded, trusted employee. It was also at a time that I understood they were looking to hire.
    After a little over 4 weeks I have not heard back. I have no idea if the application even made it to the location as the national office may have filtered it out. Maybe they didn't like the evaluation from the personality test administered as part of the application? I didn't want my friends to pester the owner/operator to the point he might become aggravated with them. I subsequently learned that the owner/operator wanted to make some management changes and so he was putting off things until that has been resolved. I may still go to talk to him personally without being called.
    My point is that when you apply through a national office for a job where the hiring decision is made locally, you never know what might affect your chances. The local operator may be forgetful or get distracted. Someone who does office work locally might make a mistake on the computer or intentionally delete or overlook or misdirect your application. Just a reminder that it can be worthwhile for you to follow up in person if there is no response from the location to you.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Cary, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application process...About 150 question personality test is part of the application. I interviewed with the owner. Learned a lot about the company's history, expectations and growth. Interview was held in the restaurant during non business hours.

Interview Questions

• What was your first impression of the restaurant? What catches your eye and why?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

two face to face interviews with managers. asked about work history and experiences with customer relations.

Interview Questions

• what 3 things make eating at a restaurant a great experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation