Carrier Clinic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mental Health Technician Interview

Mental Health Technician
Belle Mead, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carrier Clinic in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went to the Human Resources Building to find that the human resources person was just coming in. She asked me typical questions and then I walked over to the unit director's office. She asked me more challenging questions. She was enthusiastic and eager to have me. They are looking for people that are dedicated and will be hard workers, engaged and eager to be of service to their fellow employees and to the patients. The culture is characterized by one where there are those who work hard and those who do not and there is a friction between the two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – People who leave like to return to Carrier. The employees really care about one another even if they do not show it.
In terms of compensation, it is average for the MHT.

Mental Health Technician Interview

Mental Health Technician
Belle Mead, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carrier Clinic in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in to do a one:one interview with the director of human resources. She asked me the general questions about my background. She asked me the populations I would or would not be interested in working with in order to assess which units I could apply to. She then set up a one:one interview with the unit Director of the unit that they thought was most suitable. I drove over to that unit and did the interview with that Unit Director. She was very friendly and asked personality type questions related to punctuality (very important), consideration of others and teamwork skills, 3 questions to describe me, etc.

Interview Question – What are three questions to describe you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation you will have is on which unit you will be working, either full time or part time. The other option is to have a general position where you work on all the units

Worked for Carrier Clinic? Contribute to the Community!