Carrier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.5

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carrier (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

Everything I prepped myself for I ended up throwing out the window and a total waste of time. I guess that's what I get for reading self-help books. Should have spent far more time researching the company and what it stands for. In particular, what it expects from it's sales engineers on a day-by-day basis. For example, how would you spend a typical hour of a day spent calling on a contractor...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer that a previous salesperson wronged and now has a sour taste in their mouth?   Answer Question

Lead Commercial Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrier (Ashburn, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the initial interview at a recruiter sponsored hiring conference. After receiving positive feedback from the company I was invited to their office for an onsite interview. This consisted of meeting with the original interviewers as well as the regional manager, field supervisors, and the coordination team. Overall the atmosphere of the office was positive and it appeared as though there was an encouraging work culture. Following the onsite interview, I received a phone interview from the HR manager. A few days later I received an offer for the position via phone call from one of the managers. The salary was not negotiable and as a result I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were confronted with an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Compensation wasn't the right fit.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carrier (Syracuse, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

3 interview incl 1 from hr, 1 from tech manger and final on site. Overall, the interview is smooth, hr did not ask any difficult questions. For the final on site interview, a presentation is given, and 3 different technique people asked some engineering questions in a group meeting. I got lucky that they asked a tough question to another candidate, and I think he fell. The question is: why do you want to relocate to NY, this guy said his girl friend is close to here. I don't think they are satisfied.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carrier (Collierville, TN) in May 2008.

Interview

The company was very professional and the interview process was not lengthy. Relocation was nice and the HR representative was very accomodating as well as the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have too overall package was higher than average

Mechanical Engineer(Inroads) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carrier in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through Inroads. About 2 weeks later my Inroads mentor told me that they were setting up interviews. That same day I had the interview. Asked about my resume and some simple behavioral questions. About a week later I had another interview a little bit more difficult (but not much). A week later I recieved an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. My offer included a good pay and a good relocation package.

Interview

The process was a bit rough. This was mostly due to the HR person being in CT and the job and interviews being in NC. They seemed to lack any coordination between the two and would propose a date then have to change it due to conflicts. Once the interview day came, things went much better. It was well planned out with times to meet and the managers and people the position would be in typical contact with. Everyone was very warm and did not as trivial interview questions like "Where do want your career to be in 5 years?" All the questions were applicable to work style, skill set, and informing me how the company and groups operated to ensure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• There no difficult or unexpected questions. They did as technical questions about Windchill and other products I claimed knowledge of. However, no were "stumper" or trivia questions. There were well thought out serious questions to ensure my knowledge and thought process would fit in the company.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vāranāsi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carrier (Vāranāsi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process. There was a small written test (30 questions) followed by a case study GD. Shortlisted candidates were called for interview. Final selections were all random candidates based on random answers to random HR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carrier in September 2011.

Interview

Test of communication skills, ability to put in an engineer's perspective to marketing and a creative mind. The whole recruitment process consisted of a basic written test of one's discipline, a GD and an interview which try;s to gauge your strengths rather than weaknesses..

Interview Questions

• What are your areas of interest? What do you want to do after 5 years from today?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate to any part of the country?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrier in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with branch manager, hr, sales manager, Accounting, and existing sales rep

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrier (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2011.

Interview

My uncle's friend was working at Carrier, and he helped me get the chance for this intern interview. It took less 2 weeks and I got the phone interview, after passed the phone interview I was called for on-site interview and passed it.

Interview Questions

• In a group meeting, you find your boss make some mistakes about the data report, what will you do?   Answer Question