Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Carrier
- Sales Engineer (4)
- Engineering (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Territory Manager (1)
- Design Engineer (1)
- BI Consultant (1)
- Marketing and Communications Intern (1)
- Lead Commercial Services Supervisor (1)
- Windchill Specialist (1)
- Heating Lab Tech (1)
- Heat Exchanger Design Engineer (1)
- Mechanical Engineer(Inroads) (1)
- Service Coordinator (1)
- Controls Engineering Co-op (1)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
- Intern (1)
- General Occupation (1)
- Graduate Engineer Trainee (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
Sales Engineer Interview
I was invited to take part in an on-campus interview with two carrier sales engineers. The first was quite pleasant and asked very pertinent and intelligent questions. The second asked harder questions. I took an extra second to think about the hardest one he asked and I could almost see the judgement in his eyes. I am sure this is the reason I did not get the job.
- Tell me about a time you had to do something you thought was impossible but then you figured out a way to do it? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Carrier
Sales Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier.
Recruiting at college, On-campus interview followed by sales profile interview on the phone with an outside company and then a final interview at HQ
- Very lengthy and professional interview process. In no way did they attempt to stump or discourage any recruits. As the position is for sales, they did expect everyone to be very personable and well presented. Answer Question
Sales Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carrier (Indianapolis, IN).
Typical hiring process for college graduates: pre-screening at job fair, on-campus interviews, headquarters / regional manager interviews, then lastly local site interview
- It mostly was pretty canned. Nothing to special or difficult Answer Question
Not much negotiation. They have a pretty set program for recent college grads.
Sales Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2011.
Everything I prepped myself for I ended up throwing out the window and a total waste of time. I guess that's what I get for reading self-help books. Should have spent far more time researching the company and what it stands for. In particular, what it expects from it's sales engineers on a day-by-day basis. For example, how would you spend a typical hour of a day spent calling on a contractor...
- How would you handle a disgruntled customer that a previous salesperson wronged and now has a sour taste in their mouth? Answer Question