Carrier iQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Client Services Interview

Director, Client Services
Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carrier iQ in June 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty easy-going. Met with four or five people in sequence. Hiring manager interview was more of an open discussion than an interview.

Negotiation Details – It was difficult to negotiate much on the base salary, so I ended up accepting an offer that was marginally acceptable.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carrier iQ in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very interesting interview as it began with a take-home exam that had to be submitted the next 1-2 days. It had about 10 questions. Some of the questions were open ended and some others were technical text book type questions. The beauty of the questions were that you couldn't just google search the answers; you had to have real world hands-on experience to answer those questions. If you couldn't answer most of them without help then you know this job is not for you.

Phone interviews consisted on mostly customer engagement type questions - project deployment, management, team interaction and interpersonal skills. Some other questions were about problem solving where I was asked examples of problems that I solved and diffusing tough situations. The phone interview had to be rescheduled a few times as the interviewer didn't have time to conduct the interview :) He was able to call me from the airport one time.

On-site interview was chaotic as the original schedule kept getting shuffled as the interviewers kept getting pulled into meetings and other tasks. The interviewers were quite nice and courteous. They didn't focus much on technical skills but more on my experience. They took me out to lunch and grilled me during the lunch as well.

Originally they didn't give me an offer but 3 months later the offer came.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough problem and how you solved it.   View Answer
  • Active Set operations during Idle mode; IRAT handoff message signaling; KPI definitions for Pilot pollution; Statistical analytics etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't complex as they pay competitively.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Littleton, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Carrier iQ in August 2009.

Interview Details – First there was a productive ad intelligent conversation with the position manager, who recommended me to the next step. That was followed by a phone interview with a staff member who spoke with an awful unintelligible accent and had a sever cold, so while he was difficult to understand to begin with became virtually impossible with constant coughs and sneerings thrown into every sentence. Technically, he was reasonably knowledgeable, but the conversation did not go well with me having to ask to repeat every question 2-3 times.....

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Carrier iQ in December 2009.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews and one 5 hour group interview. The recruiter told me I was the top candidate after the on-site interview, but they did not give an official offer or rejection. I don't like their fishy style, guess nobody would like this.

Interview Question – How to measure radio data error rate at RLC layer.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carrier iQ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carrier iQ interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carrier iQ employees and interview candidates.