Carrier iQ

www.carrieriq.com

Carrier iQ Interview Questions

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carrier iQ in September 2010.

Very interesting interview as it began with a take-home exam that had to be submitted the next 1-2 days. It had about 10 questions. Some of the questions were open ended and some others were technical text book type questions. The beauty of the questions were that you couldn't just google search the answers; you had to have real world hands-on experience to answer those questions. If you couldn't answer most of them without help then you know this job is not for you.

Phone interviews consisted on mostly customer engagement type questions - project deployment, management, team interaction and interpersonal skills. Some other questions were about problem solving where I was asked examples of problems that I solved and diffusing tough situations. The phone interview had to be rescheduled a few times as the interviewer didn't have time to conduct the interview :) He was able to call me from the airport one time.

On-site interview was chaotic as the original schedule kept getting shuffled as the interviewers kept getting pulled into meetings and other tasks. The interviewers were quite nice and courteous. They didn't focus much on technical skills but more on my experience. They took me out to lunch and grilled me during the lunch as well.

Originally they didn't give me an offer but 3 months later the offer came.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a tough problem and how you solved it.   View Answer
    • Active Set operations during Idle mode; IRAT handoff message signaling; KPI definitions for Pilot pollution; Statistical analytics etc   View Answer
    Negotiation wasn't complex as they pay competitively.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carrier iQ in December 2009.

Had two phone interviews and one 5 hour group interview. The recruiter told me I was the top candidate after the on-site interview, but they did not give an official offer or rejection. I don't like their fishy style, guess nobody would like this.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carrier iQ in August 2009.

First there was a productive ad intelligent conversation with the position manager, who recommended me to the next step. That was followed by a phone interview with a staff member who spoke with an awful unintelligible accent and had a sever cold, so while he was difficult to understand to begin with became virtually impossible with constant coughs and sneerings thrown into every sentence. Technically, he was reasonably knowledgeable, but the conversation did not go well with me having to ask to repeat every question 2-3 times.....

Director, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carrier iQ in June 2008.

Pretty easy-going. Met with four or five people in sequence. Hiring manager interview was more of an open discussion than an interview.

It was difficult to negotiate much on the base salary, so I ended up accepting an offer that was marginally acceptable.