Carson Pirie Scott Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Norridge, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Called by Human Resource was asked my availability and why I wanted to work for Carson's and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with the department, which I would be working in, basic question about working in retail. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Orland Park, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

In-Person interview with the manager; Questions about what I can bring to the company and the type of schedule I can work for the season rush; Filing out tax forms and completed training sessions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Merrillville, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for Carson's online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. They asked the stereotypical interview questions then the HR woman left and got another woman. She interviewed me right there (for my second interview) and I was hired on spot. I had no previous work experience, so they are not extremely picky with who they hire.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Norridge, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews, met with the department manager, talent plus call from bonton and final interview with account coordinator and counter manager. Received a call day after submitted application. Told i would be notified if i was to be hired or not. Never recieved a call. poor quality of human resources.

Interview Questions

• explain a difficult time with a customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Wilmette, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

i came in to turn in my application and sat down with the manager i got hired on the spot. She knew she was going to hire me because im seasonal and no experience. Therefore, i can be her slave

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Calumet City, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I filled out an app in the beginning of May and was called a week later. I arrived at the defunct service center to meet in the management offices. I was led to a clean and tidy office and the interview began. It was a pleasant interview, I was asked why Carson's, How I felt about commission sales, how would I handle my down time, how would I draw customers to the counter, how would I handle fellow co workers taking my customers and for the first time ever I was asked about my Internship at a local salon/day spa. Overall I felt as if I was talking to a friend and my interview flowed well. I was told I'd hear something in a week. I waited a week and heard nothing and called back. I was told he was super busy and I would hear back in 3 days. I continued to play phone tag and yesterday I was called back and told they wanted someone more experienced in Cosmetics but I was offered a part time position in Sportswear that I took.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a lull or slow time in the cosmetics departmet?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about fellow co workers 'stealing' your customers thus you comissions? What would you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said I would work for $8.25/hr and was offered $9.00/hr. I never asked for a higher wage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (North Riverside, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Human Resource Assistant is one of the nicest people you will meet there. She asks you basic retail/ interview questions such as: why do you want to work there, and gives you two scenarios.

Interview Questions

• They are pretty easy questions, maybe one weird one would be: what would you do if multiple customers needed your assistance?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (West Dundee, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview fairly easy, they are not very detailed when hiring associates in most departments. Experience is a plus, but don't let that hold you back.
    They usually try to fill the less desirable counters at first, small department but two counters are so slow and have very low commissions. Go down to department and get to know some associates so you can get a feel of which counters are worth applying for.

Interview Questions

• They don't zing you with any hard to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask what you want, don't negotiate with the plan of building up with a raise. The lowest paying company I've dealt with for experienced cosmetic associates.

LP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

the interview process was very long and tedious. appeared to be a good position but turned out i was asking for too much money. three interviews and 5 weeks later i got a call saying that they were hiring someone else who was willing to take lower pay. advice: dont highball them when it comes to salary if you really want the job because they will not negotiate instead just hire the next guy for min wage.

Security Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott (Orland Park, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

There really was very little to the hiring and interview process. After starting with the company working in sales, an opening came available in security. At the time I was looking to go into law enforcement and thought that it would be a good idea to get into a security team at a local retail store. I already knew the manager of security so I sat down with him, talked about why I was looking to get into security and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you sit in a small room and look at cc tv's for hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation -- the offer was made on a take it or leave it basis.