Carson Pirie Scott

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in April 2014.

The interview process is quite relaxed, and not intense or stressful. Management tends to be kind and informative. Expect to be given an answer regarding you interview on the spot. Management can definitely differ between sores, but this is the way my branch is. Does not take long to be hired at all.

Interview Questions
    • What is it that you hope to gain from Carson Pirie Scott?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Basic retail questions were asked about past job experiences. Easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • All just on past experiences or with difficult customers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in September 2013.

Called by Human Resource was asked my availability and why I wanted to work for Carson's and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with the department, which I would be working in, basic question about working in retail. Got hired on the spot.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in August 2013.

In-Person interview with the manager; Questions about what I can bring to the company and the type of schedule I can work for the season rush; Filing out tax forms and completed training sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in June 2013.

I applied for Carson's online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. They asked the stereotypical interview questions then the HR woman left and got another woman. She interviewed me right there (for my second interview) and I was hired on spot. I had no previous work experience, so they are not extremely picky with who they hire.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in May 2013.

Three interviews, met with the department manager, talent plus call from bonton and final interview with account coordinator and counter manager. Received a call day after submitted application. Told i would be notified if i was to be hired or not. Never recieved a call. poor quality of human resources.

Interview Questions
    • explain a difficult time with a customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Total of two interviews

Interview Questions
    It was not a negotiation

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in October 2012.

Very lengthy online application but was called in for an interview within a few days. Interview with the asst manager and then with the sore manager..hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions...but all stores may be different,   Answer Question
    Very easy...they told me what the job pays and I said I made more at my previous job and they matched it.

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmette, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmette, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in September 2012.

i came in to turn in my application and sat down with the manager i got hired on the spot. She knew she was going to hire me because im seasonal and no experience. Therefore, i can be her slave

Selling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in June 2012.

horrible. I was interviewed first by a lady leaving her position the next week, then by the store manager that was confused and looking for something she didn't know how to convey, plus had a upper management visit on her mind, not the interview