Carson Pirie Scott

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Riverside, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in May 2012.

Interview Details – Human Resource Assistant is one of the nicest people you will meet there. She asks you basic retail/ interview questions such as: why do you want to work there, and gives you two scenarios.

Interview Question – They are pretty easy questions, maybe one weird one would be: what would you do if multiple customers needed your assistance?   Answer Question

Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is quite relaxed, and not intense or stressful. Management tends to be kind and informative. Expect to be given an answer regarding you interview on the spot. Management can definitely differ between sores, but this is the way my branch is. Does not take long to be hired at all.

Interview Question – What is it that you hope to gain from Carson Pirie Scott?   Answer Question

Norridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in September 2013.

Interview Details – Called by Human Resource was asked my availability and why I wanted to work for Carson's and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with the department, which I would be working in, basic question about working in retail. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None, basic retail interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for Carson's online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. They asked the stereotypical interview questions then the HR woman left and got another woman. She interviewed me right there (for my second interview) and I was hired on spot. I had no previous work experience, so they are not extremely picky with who they hire.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you helped someone.   Answer Question

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in August 2013.

Interview Details – In-Person interview with the manager; Questions about what I can bring to the company and the type of schedule I can work for the season rush; Filing out tax forms and completed training sessions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthy online application but was called in for an interview within a few days. Interview with the asst manager and then with the sore manager..hired on the spot!

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions...but all stores may be different,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy...they told me what the job pays and I said I made more at my previous job and they matched it.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Dock Supervisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott.

Interview Details – It was a quick interview and if you pass it, you'll get an invite to orientation the next morning, if you don't, you'll get the old "we have a few more interviews to do" line, and the interviewer will tell you to wait for an email (which they never send).

Mine even had the ordasity to say I moved to the top of the list because of my previous exp, but it's bunk, if they excuse you with no offer, that's it. They'll tell you anything to get you out of there.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, you just have to explain how you handled an angry customer in your past if you have exp.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott

Interview Details – Basic retail questions were asked about past job experiences. Easy interview.

Interview Question – All just on past experiences or with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cosmetic Associate Interview

Cosmetic Associate
West Dundee, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview fairly easy, they are not very detailed when hiring associates in most departments. Experience is a plus, but don't let that hold you back.
They usually try to fill the less desirable counters at first, small department but two counters are so slow and have very low commissions. Go down to department and get to know some associates so you can get a feel of which counters are worth applying for.

Interview Question – They don't zing you with any hard to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask what you want, don't negotiate with the plan of building up with a raise. The lowest paying company I've dealt with for experienced cosmetic associates.

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Fragrance Sales Associate
Wilmette, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carson Pirie Scott in September 2012.

Interview Details – i came in to turn in my application and sat down with the manager i got hired on the spot. She knew she was going to hire me because im seasonal and no experience. Therefore, i can be her slave

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer if they are angry?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carson Pirie Scott

Worked for Carson Pirie Scott? Contribute to the Community!