Carter Machinery Interview Questions

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carter Machinery

Candidate Interview Review

EPG Field Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carter Machinery in September 2013.

Interview

You do not apply for a specific job title. You apply to shop area then general trade scope. Was contacted roughly a month later. Due to a 7hour drive for the interview I had to book a hotel. Carter communicated very thoroughly, all paperwork was in place. After I got the job employee orientation was even further away (9+ hours). Carter set up a hotel and everything. It was a long day but it moved rather smoothly, learned allot about what I was getting into. Very helpful HR department. They do run you through a physical health check, its not as easy as it sounds. (Non-Union company)

Interview Questions

• Honestly it didnt feel like a "normal" interview. Everything I had been told to prepare for about interviews did not work in this scenario. It felt like they were just testing the waters on whether or not I would mesh with the company. I was given information about how they ran and if I would be comfortable working in that environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given my experience level and the economy you really don't push your luck. However Carter offered me a raise from my previous position. I was really in no place to negotiate.