Carter Machinery

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

EPG Field Tech Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carter Machinery in September 2013.

Interview Details – You do not apply for a specific job title. You apply to shop area then general trade scope. Was contacted roughly a month later. Due to a 7hour drive for the interview I had to book a hotel. Carter communicated very thoroughly, all paperwork was in place. After I got the job employee orientation was even further away (9+ hours). Carter set up a hotel and everything. It was a long day but it moved rather smoothly, learned allot about what I was getting into. Very helpful HR department. They do run you through a physical health check, its not as easy as it sounds. (Non-Union company)

Interview Question – Honestly it didnt feel like a "normal" interview. Everything I had been told to prepare for about interviews did not work in this scenario. It felt like they were just testing the waters on whether or not I would mesh with the company. I was given information about how they ran and if I would be comfortable working in that environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given my experience level and the economy you really don't push your luck. However Carter offered me a raise from my previous position. I was really in no place to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carter Machinery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carter Machinery interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Carter Machinery employees and interview candidates.