Carter's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in March 2014.

Attended "open house" table set up outside accepting applications near new construction. Was asked a few questions pertaining to my resume & application on the spot. That evening I was called and told a district manager wanted to interview with me. That happened the following day at a Starbucks. She was extremely friendly & professional. She asked poignant questions and was very engaging. I walked away confidently and with instruction to visit one of her stores and email her with a review of my visit, along with a resume. Three days later I had a phone interview with someone from HR that went very well. I was told that I would be contacted shortly and to my dismay, I was never contacted at all. For an entry level position I'd expect that a professional company not reach out to every applicant but, there was absolutely no indication I was perceived as anything but a qualified applicant for management. I was actually asked extensive questions about onboarding and salary offerings. After 2 months, and me sending two emails and calling them once, I've accepted the outcome and my views of the company are skewed. It's ridiculous that no one could reply or reach out to me with a decision, after 2 interviews and a store visit.. I'm baffled that a company of this size conducts themselves with this level of unprofessionalism and lack of basic tact.

Interview Questions
    • What are the unique attributes you will bring to the table in terms of investing in your team and promoting growth for the company?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in December 2010.

Quick, over the phone interview. Offer over the phone. Usually 2 interviews and then an offer. Somehow I skipped through it all. I seriously feel like they needed anyone with experience and they would do the rest.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate and supposedly it was above the average. I found out later in my years of being there that was highly incorrect.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Carter's in April 2012.

You will do a number of interviews. It's a bit chaotic. Sometimes there are tests involved.

Interview Questions
    • There are scenario questions..."if we asked you to design such and such how would you go about it?"   View Answer

Licensing Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Carter's in January 2014.

HR manager contacted me via phone and email while I was out of town to coordinate a phone screen interview. We scheduled time the week I returned and had the call with her.

She then scheduled a phone interview with me and the VP the position rolls up to the same week. The phone screen went well, and she said she wanted to schedule me to come in and interview with the team. She said it was an immediate position to fill, but then, they did not schedule the on-site interviews for 4-5 weeks after the second phone interview.

They also scheduled a circuit of 4 interviews for 4.5 hours, which required that I take a half PTO day off from my existing job! The first interview started a few minutes late, then the last interviewer canceled while I was half way through the process, so I really could have done this over a long lunch or at the end of the day. They also had me spend 20-30 minutes filling out a paper application when I already submitted my information on their Careers website??

It was disrespectful of my time. It has been 6+ weeks now, and no responses from anyone at the company. My husband interviewed with them about a year and a half ago, and had a very similar experience. They should really revise their interview and follow up processes. They should break up interviews to be respectful of their candidates' time rather than at their own convenience. The grass is not always greener.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were extremely vague/broad without much direction as to specific qualities, skills or functions they wanted me to discuss or elaborate on: "How can you help me?", "You have been to our stores...what do you think?" Two of the three interviewers had not prepared any questions to qualify my experience against their business priorities, hence, those two interviews I had had little direction or substance. It was not a great use of my time, and I'm sure not theirs either.   Answer Question

Operarions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carter's in February 2014.

A recruiter called me to interview for the position. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Later I was brought in to interview with HR, Vice Presidents and the hiring manager. Be prepared to spend the whole day there. There was a 3 hour personality test.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Carter's in August 2012.

There were a three rounds of interviews with 3 interview sessions during each round. The first round was over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • There were some general operations/supply chain questions. There were also some leadership/behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carter's.

I interviewed at the Carter's headquarters in Atlanta the interview started at 8:00 in the morning and ended at 5. I interviewed with a series of people (7) all upper management VP and above, I was taken to their offices to meet with them. All one on one interviews. The role that they were interviewing for was unclear and the roles within the company were vague even though I was brought in to interview for an associate merchant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out side of the ordinary, lots of questions around the Carter's stores.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carter's in October 2013.

Hiring and interviewing can be a stressful time for an applicant and this was one of the best hiring processes I have gone through in my career. Carter's hiring team is outstanding when communicating with potential applicants and I never felt that I was "lost in the shuffle".

My interview consisted of two panel discussions which is certainly challenging but the people conducting the interview were very friendly and easy to speak with; I felt it was a conversation more than an interview. They do a fantastic job of making you feel at ease, which is extremely helpful when you are trying for a position with them. They certainly do ask a lot of good questions so come prepared would be the best advice I can give.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the positive things my current boss does and the negative things she does as well.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was one of the easiest I have gone through in my career. The HR representative took the time to speak with me to find out what was important to me, not only financially but as an overall employee. I really appreciate the way they work with potential candidates. The offer package that is sent to your home has a nice surprise in it too.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carter's in March 2013.

Meeting and preliminary interview with recruiter
    Portfolio Review and follow up within 2 weeks
    2nd round interview with members of direct team as well as higher ups in chain of command in ATL within 2 weeks (paid flight and accommodations)
    Offer after further candidate review and follow up (2-3 weeks)

General:
    Great HR communication throughout (1-2 business day response time on email and phone)
    Very accommodating and polite

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were standard as per design most entry level design positions. Just be prepared to show your work and apply it to skills useful at the company   Answer Question

Head Merchant Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Carter's in February 2013.

much, much too long of a process. its process to have process! It amazes me that anyone even gets hired with such a weak HR team and a lack of progressive thinking when it comes to acquiring top-rated and proven talent.

Interview Questions
    • the fact that travel to the business took three to four trips before I even knew where I stood in the interviewing cycle.   View Answer

Worked for Carter's? Contribute to the Community!