Carter's

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

West Covina, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carter's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied 2 weeks ago. Got called for an interview. It was a group interview. After the interview she said if she felt it was needed we would get called later for another interview if not we'd get a letter mailed saying we didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – 9.00

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

Part-Time Supervisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Internally promoted from a Sales Associate position that I held for 6 months. I Initially interviewed with the Store Manager, she asked about things like leadership skills, the store's sales/numbers and performance, how I would handle certain situations(LP, coaching staff, etc.). Also asked about basic company policies and standards, why I think I should be a manager, and what I would bring to the team. I did an over-the-phone interview with the District manager, and she asked almost the exact same questions.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty general. there wasn't really anything too difficult. I also practiced the interview prompt so that might be why I wasn't phased by the questions asked.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person - interviewed at Carter's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Manager and temp District Managers were easy to talk to. Had standard questions. If you have been through an interview process in the past, this is the same. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation Details – Easy-offered lots more than I thought.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's.

Interview Details – I dropped off a resume and got a call within 2 weeks. I filled in an application and had a interview with the manager, about 30 minutes in length. They asked basic questions as well as giving me scenarios to solve.

Interview Question – There is a kid throwing a tantrum throwing clothes around, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Part Time Supervision Interview

Part Time Supervision

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carter's.

Interview Details – Question - "What can you bring to the team"
Answer - Bilingual and My Leadership abilities. - Leadership - Captain of soccer team and youth leader. The manager was super friendly which made it easier.

Anonymous - Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous - Corporate Office

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carter's.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. The next steps were an initial phone screen with recruiter and phone interview with hiring manager. Within 1-2 days, I was contacted to come onsite for an interview. The travel/itinerary coordination went very smoothly. The office is beautiful and most of the people seemed very nice. The day consisted of 1-hour interviews with 6 different people + a rather intense personality assessment, with 4 different tests taken while I ate lunch. With travel, it became a mentally draining day very quickly. I almost immediately had red flags when I came to understand that much of the team had just been moved from Connecticut and some of the team had been freshly hired as a result of moving their corporate headquarters to Atlanta. There seemed to be a genuine divide in "new" vs. "old". I hit it off with the "new" crowd, but some of the CT resources were very negative and saying things like, "If you're looking for a 40 hour a week job, this is not the job. It's a lot of hard work and there are people that are hard to work with". I was never so happy to be heading to the airport at the end of it. It seems like a great company, but very clique-y.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic: What's your biggest weakness? Have you done x? What's your work style? What made the interview challenging was having a 3 hour personality assessment sandwiched in the middle of an already long day.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Attended "open house" table set up outside accepting applications near new construction. Was asked a few questions pertaining to my resume & application on the spot. That evening I was called and told a district manager wanted to interview with me. That happened the following day at a Starbucks. She was extremely friendly & professional. She asked poignant questions and was very engaging. I walked away confidently and with instruction to visit one of her stores and email her with a review of my visit, along with a resume. Three days later I had a phone interview with someone from HR that went very well. I was told that I would be contacted shortly and to my dismay, I was never contacted at all. For an entry level position I'd expect that a professional company not reach out to every applicant but, there was absolutely no indication I was perceived as anything but a qualified applicant for management. I was actually asked extensive questions about onboarding and salary offerings. After 2 months, and me sending two emails and calling them once, I've accepted the outcome and my views of the company are skewed. It's ridiculous that no one could reply or reach out to me with a decision, after 2 interviews and a store visit.. I'm baffled that a company of this size conducts themselves with this level of unprofessionalism and lack of basic tact.

Interview Question – What are the unique attributes you will bring to the table in terms of investing in your team and promoting growth for the company?   Answer Question

Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carter's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I went in person to my local Carter's store and asked for an application. The shift supervisor and associate manager were there and I spoke to both of them. I filled out my application in the food court and returned it 15 minutes later. The shift supervisor looked over my application and said that they would be in touch. About a month later I was contacted by a store manager to come in for a interview later on that week. I came in for the interview and was told I got the job a few days later. I came in a day after and then filled out my paperwork and started the same day of.

Interview Question – What are add-ons?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing, flat hourly rate of $8.00 with a promise of a raise within 6-8 months (that I never received)

Very Easy Interview

PT Supervisor Interview

PT Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in February 2013.

Interview Details – They interview you with reg management then the district manager and if they have one in training they send you to the DM in training as well if they like you, you will get a call if they do not they will not call

Interview Question – Would you leave the floor unattended to grab items? If you need to be called in would you be available last minute. You witness a theft what would you do? Call the police then the hotline unless its internal then call the hotline and tell your senior management and never leave the floor and always make your self available for call in shifts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No not too negotiable.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Assistant Merchant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carter's.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. Had 3 in person interviews and 1 telephone interview. Everyone I met was very nice and welcoming. All had a different set of questions to ask me which made it semi like they talked about it before so it wasn't repetitive.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with children's trends?   Answer Question

Worked for Carter's? Contribute to the Community!