Carter's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.5

Assistant Designer Interview

Was contacted within 2-3 weeks of applying online, and had a phone interview initially. Was contacted a week later for an in person interview with two different people. Did not get the job, and wasn't contacted with that information for another three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Carter's in August 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and recieved a phone call from the manager on Tuesday about comming in for an interviewon Friday. The interview was pretty basic and I was told id hear something the wwek after, but it been about 3 weeks and I havent heard anything.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carter's in August 2014.

Applied and went on two interviews. Both went well however i did not get a call back as to if i received the job or not. There was no follow up.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Carter's.

Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills, Ability to communicate effectively, retail experience work 40hours a week lift 40 pounds close twice a week one of that day need to be friday or saturday
    understand. Presentation can lead visual team,

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carter's in August 2014.

Very relaxed and fun. Was interviewed in a group of 5 girls. The manager was very funny and cool. Very down to earth. We had to stand up and just go in order with our answers. was able to piggy back off of a lot of things said. Made interview a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation phase available.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Carter's in July 2014.

I submitted an application on the phone and was contacted a week later. She said she would contact me within a week if I was hired. I never received a phone call so I assumed that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you accomplish your set of goals? Talk about a time you have worked in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Homestead, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Carter's in July 2014.

Had to travel to direct location of where each interviewer (Store Managers and District Manger) was based. They were 75 miles away from my hometown.
    First interview went great minus being nervous and pausing on some questions as listed on "unexpected questions". Was called for a second interview with District Manager (Temp, the regular one was on vacation).
    The second interviewer made a few off handed comments and questions, asking me if I had children or planned to have children then said "some women never have children, but love kids", which was bizarre and unprofessional in my opinion and in my spouse's opinion.
    Second interview seemed to be going well, they liked my answers...then they turned around and said I was unqualified for the job and they could only offer me a part-time job for maybe one or two days a week. I told them that was not possible because I needed a full-time job. They said I could perhaps work two jobs to make ends meet until I proved myself to the company. I politely declined, and will not accept an offer.
    Honestly felt like the Temp DM slapped me in the face, I was very insulted that despite the interview going well she coldly told me I was unqualified when the first woman said that I was.

Interview Questions
    • What are some opportunities you need to work on? (They can't use the word "negative" or equivalent so they use a different key word)   View Answer

Only offered part-time and said to work "a second job" while working for them. That doesn't work in retail, and I need a full-time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carter's in July 2014.

Applied 2 weeks ago. Got called for an interview. It was a group interview. After the interview she said if she felt it was needed we would get called later for another interview if not we'd get a letter mailed saying we didn't get the job.

9.00

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carter's in September 2013.

Internally promoted from a Sales Associate position that I held for 6 months. I Initially interviewed with the Store Manager, she asked about things like leadership skills, the store's sales/numbers and performance, how I would handle certain situations(LP, coaching staff, etc.). Also asked about basic company policies and standards, why I think I should be a manager, and what I would bring to the team. I did an over-the-phone interview with the District manager, and she asked almost the exact same questions.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty general. there wasn't really anything too difficult. I also practiced the interview prompt so that might be why I wasn't phased by the questions asked.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Carter's in August 2013.

Manager and temp District Managers were easy to talk to. Had standard questions. If you have been through an interview process in the past, this is the same. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Easy-offered lots more than I thought.

Worked for Carter's? Contribute to the Community!