Cartesian Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cartesian

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian.

Interview

Had a first round interview through a recruiting network. Was given a case study, half strategy, half quantitative. Superday lasted four hours - included case study, research exercise and fit interview. Case study was similarly structured. Research exercise was 80 minutes and consisted of three questions alone in a room with a computer and a phone.

Interview Questions

• Case studies were standardly difficult - discussing consumer and producer side strategy/decision making architecture as well as calculating things such as LTV of different products, annual revenue given certain data, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cartesian in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very informative. I had initially applied online for another position. I was contacted the very next day for that position and initial case interview scheduled the next week. My interview for that initial position did not go well and so I traveled to my home country for winter break. To my surprise Cartesian's HR got in touch with me as they proposed another (my current) position. Honestly, this position was a better fit. I had 5 rounds of interview for this position. In the 1st round we talked about my previous work experience. 2nd round took place after I returned to US from winter break, it was the more about the role and its demands. The 3rd, 4th and 5th round happened on a single day - it was more like a power day. 3rd round was a mix of case interview, technical discussion and past experience. 4th round was also about my previous experience with some behavioral questions. 5th round was most behavioral and situation based questions. I got a call within 2 weeks to let me know that they would like to extend me an offer. After few days I received my offer letter. All-in-all an amazingly positive experience!

Interview Questions

• How do I convince the CEO of Telecom giant to enter Triple Play? What would I recommend to a cable company for Optical fiber replacing co-axial? Questions regarding conflict resolution, leadership, projects etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. The HR was flexible and supportive throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cartesian (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

First round was at a career fair, no resume drill, just a case. Second round consists of 5-6 interviews back to back including behavioral, case, and research interviews. Make sure you know the company very well, what they do, the industry, keep up with the news ( since they deal with technology). Cases aren't too tough, but are very much related to what they do, so there will be techy terms in there. Interviewers were very nice. The research interview was the toughest.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed initiative. What can you do to show initiative here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (Boston, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Company had a presentation on campus. Students were given a chance to submit resumes and cover letters through the career center's website. Candidates were chosen for first round interviews, which were conducted on campus. On-campus interviews were about 45 minutes long, consisting of some behavioral interview questions and a short case interview. Second round interview was conducted at company site. Four interviews total, one behavioral, two case interviews, and an interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Google's plans in the wireless market are? (this was prior to the announcement of Android)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went through a phone screening. This was followed by a three hour interview on campus. Standard consulting stuff: one 45 minute CV/background interview, one 45 minute case interview, and a math test. The second round was at the London office. It involved 4 or 5 rounds, I think? One laptop-based research round, one case question, one presentation, and an interview with a managing director (I think). It took them ages to give me a response -- 3 weeks, easily. No feedback, which was rather disappointing given all of time spent.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers. Multiple case questions. Presented with a stack of documents and asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation in 10 minutes.   Answer Question