Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network Interview Questions

2.4

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cartoon Network in January 2014.

Be sure to write a solid cover letter and resume. Thats probably the most difficult part of the process.

I had 3 interviewers and we were all inside of an office. I walked out a little shocked at how easy it all was, it really didn't feel like an interview. In the past I have interviewed with WB and that interview was very tense and they were asking me typical interview questions like "whats your greatest weakness?" This didn't have any questions like that, within a few minutes it just felt like we were just a bunch of friends hanging out joking around. The first 10 minutes they asked questions about what I was interested in school and some of my hobbies. After that I spent another 20 minutes asking them questions about what it was like working there. You interview with the producer of the show they assign you to, so your experience could be different. My producers were SUPER nice and nobody was stressed out at all, it just made for a really calming environment.

Some quick tips i forgot to mention:
    Know your schedule/ what days you are free to work
    Be professional
    You can park at public parking garages nearby in the downtown burbank area and walk over
    Show your excitement to be there!

If you get an interview try not to stress out about too much, be sure to ask questions, and good luck!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. An example of a question would be "What are you watching on tv?" Turns out we were watching the same show and we nerded out about it.

Expect questions based off your resume and cover letter

Answer Question

Graphic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cartoon Network in January 2014.

I applied online and the process took about 4 weeks- interviewed at the Cartoon Network at Burbank. I interviewed at one of their meeting rooms and it was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • I talked about myself and my experiences. They were really curious to know about my past experiences. They also talked about their department and what they are doing.   Answer Question

Interactive Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cartoon Network in October 2012.

While the on-boarding and submission process was slow, the interview was fun and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • It was like talking shop with colleagues; there wasn't really a difficult question.   Answer Question

T3 On-air Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cartoon Network in February 2012.

Very friendly people. Very basic interview. They asked me what my biggest strengths and weakness are.They asked to give an example of how I can "think on my toes" in a time of great pressure. The job entailed working alot on set were many unexpected things could happen so they mostly just wanted to see if I was familiar with a production setting

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you quickly solved a problem under pressure   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cartoon Network in November 2010.

I came in through the back door.
    As an artist, sometimes education is second to talent (though education goes a long way and I'm by no means boasting about my work).
    A friend introduced me to the animators and they critiqued my portfolio and invited me to take an animation test. A few months later I was doing inks and, not long after that, pencil work on animated spots.
    (PS: There really needs to be an option for years prior to 2010. This was in 2004. See below)

Interview Questions
    • "Could you tween these key frames?"
      As part of the animation test, I was asked to ink several pencil drawings, and animate a small stack of key frames. I hadn't expected to be asked that, and didn't have the equipment at home so I had to improvise with a light table and make shift peg bar.

View Answer
    There was little negotiation; I jumped at the opportunity. They could have paid me in pizza and burritos and I probably would have accepted.

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cartoon Network in May 2009.

The atmosphere was light and friendly. Three people sat in the room to interview me for the position. Everybody was relaxed and smiling so I didn't get the usual interview jitters or nervousness. They asked me about my previous internship and where I was in my studies at college. When the interview ended, I walked out feeling successful whether they would call me for hire or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you to gain from this experience?   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there wasn't any pay but school credit. I knew this going in.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cass, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cass, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cartoon Network in September 2008.

Asked questions
    Leadership skills
    Why do you want to work for us
    Example of organizational skills

Friendly
    Dont stammer
    if you are nervous then admit you are nervous.

Production Designer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cartoon Network in January 2011.

local producers arranged telephone interviews with us producers

non negotiable