Cartus Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Temporary Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cartus in June 2014.

The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. They were very friendly and detail. The first part of the interview consisted of them telling me in detail about the company and their aim. Later, I was asked a series of behavioral questions. They asked that I provide specific examples of situations I had been involved in during the past. They were very straight forward and polite.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions I was asked were, "How did you deal with an angry customer at a previous job?" "What is something that you would consider your weakness?" "How do you motivate yourself to stay motivated in a position and not bored?"   Answer Question
    There was not too much negotiation. I was informed of the expected pay rate before the interview and since I was happy with it I did discuss it further.

Lead Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cartus.

I was contacted by a recruiter for Lead Oracle Developer role, telephonic interview (technical) with 2 persons on call, one is the Director of IT and the other Manager. Started with basic stuff, then went into specifics, nothing special, usual ERP questions. Within a day, recruiter got back saying they are interested to move further and I went for an in person interview. Interview timing is a bit weird (evening 4.30 and it went on till 6.30pm), I met the same persons who Interviewed me on phone and 1 more developer who was not on call earlier. Developer interviewed me for close to 30 mins and then another 30-45 mins with the other 2. Then the Sr Director also joined at a later point of time. Process is relatively easy.

I got another offer for the same salary that they offered, but the way they interviewed is not nice, Manager and director was talking as if they do rocket science and belittling other companies (particularly my then current employer) and when asked about career advancement opportunities, I was told there would be non and I will doing the same thing even after 5 years. That's a deal breaker for me.

Relocation Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cartus in June 2011.

Attended a job fair. I waited over three months before I finally was called for an in person interview. I didn't think there was any interest because of the long time between the job fair interview and being called to come in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with two managers (at the same time).

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a typical behavioral style interview asking about how you reacted in different experiences you had in the workplace.   Answer Question

I declined because the salary was low.

Cross-cultural Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cartus.

Telephone interview. Detailed.

No negotiation. They pay a flat fee for training day(s).

Asset Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cartus in January 2014.

All based on personality & "give me an example on a time...."

Cash Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cartus in May 2012.

2 interviews, initial one was with my direct boss, very casual, talking about the job, each other and the team. Basically trying to make sure I know what to expect. Second interview was with my boss's boss, and it was the more structured typical" interview with all those stereotypical questions you SHOULD be prepared for. What are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had to dead with a difficult customer, ect.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was too hard or unexpected, but detail is KEY. They want a lot of specifics in your answers   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cartus.

Applied online they called and I went in for an interview and they asked situational questions

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cartus in February 2010.

Just a phone call with simple questions about my background and education. Seriously, there was nothing that you would usually expect such as teaching methods, etc. Basically, they just want to make sure that you have the minimum qualifications and (maybe) are personable. Bonus points if you speak another language or have overseas experience, perhaps.

Not possible.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cartus in August 2012.

Manager approval, submit resume and annual review (TPM), Interview with standard questions which attempt to sum up your personal experience, inside and out of work. After the normal interview I was given "homework", to ensure that I was capable of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself or your past that you would change, or something that you've done wrong, and how did you correct it   View Answer
    Never accept the first pay rate, always ask for more, give a specific reason for the request...I got an additional $1000 annually. Not much, but it's better than the original offer.

Relocation Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cartus.

In person interview and then a phone interview a week later. First interview was informative. Second interview: The 2 management people I interviewed with seemed not to know the client. I asked questions of them, but they could only answer general questions. The phone interview was not a positive reflection of the company. Both people seemed not to be interested in my answers or questions. Even though I have 18 years in Relocation. I expected more.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage the implementation of a policy that you did not agree on.   Answer Question

Worked for Cartus? Contribute to the Community!