Case-Mate

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Case-Mate.

Interview Details – It took too long and I was not promised any guaranteed way to move up.

Interview Question – I was constantly questioned of my productivity at daily basis even though I was contributing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found out they didn't value employees at lower level and they laid off 100+ people in six months.

Production Lead Interview

Production Lead
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Case-Mate in February 2012.

Interview Details – I spoke directly with the CEO for the job.

Interview Question – How far do you want to reach in the company?   View Answers (2)

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Senior Product Engineer
Tucker, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Case-Mate.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview with HR. This, in my case, was straight forward and simple. The next, and last step is onsite. It is very laid back, dress business causal. You interview with the majority of the development team, the director, VP, HR head, and the owner. Interview is very straight forward with no real curve balls to mention. There is no real testing or projects to weed out people, its strictly verbal and based on you experience. If you have the needed skills and speak well, you should be fine. The end of the interview ends with a walk through the office and possibly a free phone case for your time.

Interview Question – Just prepare for the standard "what is the bad situation you have had in the past and how did you deal with it". Otherwise things are pretty vanilla.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Operations Manager Interview

Ecommerce Operations Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Case-Mate in July 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume 3 months before I was actually hired. The initial process was slow as they dug up all kinds of information on me, im sure. Once the phone interrviews started going things began to pick up a little faster. There were at least 3 phone interviews before arranging a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face was much anticipated because I had seen a lot of videos about the work culture so i was excited to finally get into the HQ. The interview took place in a posh dark room with leather sofas and modern designs. I probably interviewed with 5-6 people on this day and most of the questions were based on culture it seemed. Culture is very important to this company so they want to make sure that you will mesh well with the others here. I came on a Friday so I was able to witness the happy hour in real time. I met the dogs, the people, and saw how happy everybody was. I knew that if the salary was good, this was a place that I could work for many years to come.

Interview Question – What is your career goal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I chose not to negotiate but I would recommend others to do so, there are things not mentioned in the offering that will subtract from your pay.

Administration Department Interview

Administration Department
Tucker, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Case-Mate in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview. Right off the bat, I felt comfortable with the charismatic interviewer. I was invited to come in for an in-person meeting the following day. I was first given a tour of the office, which is amazing and fun (extremely idiosyncratic of the company's culture), and I immediately felt at home. Next, I met with several of the Human Resources team and an executive (individually) where was It felt more like a conversation than a question-answer drilling session. Overall, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had to date!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and accepted an offer that was right where I desired to be.

Project Manager - Product Development Interview

Project Manager - Product Development
Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Case-Mate in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very quirky company, you put in a lot of hours and have crazy hours because you work with China. They don't have a lot of structure and they talked about the language barrier with China yet the position didn't ask for Mandarin. I don't know about the rest of the areas but there were definitely a lot of "interesting" personalities that I encountered. Just read their company website, including company blog and that's basically them. It feels like a company that would be based out of silicon valley, not tucker, ga.

Interview Question – they asked a lot of questions to determine fit, like favorite tv shows.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Tucker, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Case-Mate in November 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview started off great. I was asked the typical interview questions about background and responsibilities. Everything went great and I was sure I was going to get called in for an on site interview....until the interviewer asked about compensation. After doing much research in the area I was applying for, I mentioned my salary expectations. I was told the job paid $35k and we were required to be "on-call" 24/7 and we had to be in the office from 8-5 M-F cause it would be such a fun place to work. I am sure it's a great place to work but when asked to be on call for every minute of every day I should be able to telecommute atleast a day a week. The interview asked me to think about the salary and if I was still interested to call back. Needless to say, I was not interested in making $25-30k less.

Interview Question – Describe the circumstances surrounding a difficult customer, how you dealt with the customer and the outcome, good or bad.   Answer Question

Worked for Case-Mate? Contribute to the Community!