Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

Updated May 30, 2015

2.6

Research Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the PI's office on time. He mentioned I had a lot of good experience in a lot of labs but that was a bad sign. I countered with the last 2 jobs I had I had lost due to budgetary concerns. That I have had nothing but positive performance reviews. He countered with the recruiter said you lost your last job because you were pregnant. I of course said no as that is illegal. He then went on to ask other inappropriate questions such as are you sure you have enough time with a young baby at home, what does your husband do for a living, do you have access to childcare for after hours. He offered me the job but low-balled the salary (I do have a young baby so I must be desperate. He then told me I'd need to take the ARC training but he didn't think he should have to pay for that.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you have enough time for a full time job with a baby at home?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Mostly online, I knew the person in charge of recruiting, and he needed TAs. Wasn't really an interview, so much as a "submit your resume and if you're competent you'll get the job." no minimum GPA, expectation of roughly 6-10 hours a week. Options include graders and lab assistants. Professor not in charge of hiring as much as TA.

Interview Questions

• General Knowledge of circuits required, must have taken the class or equivalent, availability   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring is by the PI of a research lab. He invited me to go to the lab and gave a talk, followed by appointment with individual members to learn their research. Then, select members of the lab together with the PI would also have dinner with me to further discuss more research and get to know me more on a personal level

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from PI. We have 4 phone interviews over a month and when I confirmed to set up a formal interview in Cleveland, he never emailed me back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• The person interviewing me had no organization and asked me to review a different published paper during each interview.   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Half hour phone interview then a one on one on-site experience. Be expected to spend a full-day in half-hour interview sessions. The people are very nice and understanding. Was a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Focused on educational background and job related questions.

Interview Questions

• What was our previous work experiences. Describe your University background and supply all relevant research papers and works.   Answer Question

International Student Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Three step process: phone, large panel presentation then candidate meets with individual office members

Interview Questions

• It seemed like a lot of protocol for a mere advisor/counselor position. This is typical for universities though.   Answer Question

Department Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

There are several rounds of interviews and HR is extremely slow to get you started. Easy interviews, depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• "With regard to LGBT issues and those surrounding minorities, how is diversity important in your life?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but I was shut down really quickly.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• What is your research experience?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

online application, recommendations, face to face interview.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online, was contacted by HR, hired afterwards