Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in April 2014.

Applied online and received an email from PI. We have 4 phone interviews over a month and when I confirmed to set up a formal interview in Cleveland, he never emailed me back for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • The person interviewing me had no organization and asked me to review a different published paper during each interview.   View Answer

International Student Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Three step process: phone, large panel presentation then candidate meets with individual office members

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like a lot of protocol for a mere advisor/counselor position. This is typical for universities though.   Answer Question

Department Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

There are several rounds of interviews and HR is extremely slow to get you started. Easy interviews, depending on the department.

Interview Questions
    • "With regard to LGBT issues and those surrounding minorities, how is diversity important in your life?"   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate but I was shut down really quickly.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in August 2012.

Applied online

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in May 2012.

online application, recommendations, face to face interview.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in February 2012.

Submitted application online, was contacted by HR, hired afterwards

BSTP Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in February 2011.

I applied for Case Western's Biomedical Sciences Training Program (BSTP) during my senior year of undergrad. I'm assuming whomever's reading this is a prospective graduate student, either at Case or elsewhere, since a lot of it's just general advice. Hope it helps someone.

The application process is pretty similar to those of other grad schools - you need a few essays, some letters of recommendation, your transcript. Next, select applicants visit CWRU & Cleveland for a few days. During this time, you will interview with five professors (one at a time) in the department or field you are interested in and get a chance to talk with a panel of different professors. You also get plenty of time to mingle with your graduate student hosts, tour the lab areas, and check out Cleveland.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest questions you should ask yourself as a prospective grad student is
      1) do I want to do research for the next 6-7-8 years here?
      2) would I be happy living here for several years?
        View Answer
    The only "negotiation" you'll probably do is choosing which labs to rotate in, and which lab you'll eventually join (or switch over for whatever reason).

Weatherhead School of Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in December 2010.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! Strung me along for 11 mos only to send me a canned, "you didn't get the job," email. Terrible, terrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you "sell" our students/school to the community?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in October 2010.

The interview took one hour. Most of questions were asked by the PI about what types of techniques I have. I had a feeling that the interview was not well organized. All the questions were just come out from the PI. I didn't impress the PI, so I was not able to get the position.

Commercialization Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Case Western Reserve University in October 2010.

easy and brief