Case Western Reserve University

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant I Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, was contacted by HR, hired afterwards

Interview Question – Not relevant for this situation   Answer Question

BSTP Graduate Researcher Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for Case Western's Biomedical Sciences Training Program (BSTP) during my senior year of undergrad. I'm assuming whomever's reading this is a prospective graduate student, either at Case or elsewhere, since a lot of it's just general advice. Hope it helps someone.

The application process is pretty similar to those of other grad schools - you need a few essays, some letters of recommendation, your transcript. Next, select applicants visit CWRU & Cleveland for a few days. During this time, you will interview with five professors (one at a time) in the department or field you are interested in and get a chance to talk with a panel of different professors. You also get plenty of time to mingle with your graduate student hosts, tour the lab areas, and check out Cleveland.

Interview Question – The biggest questions you should ask yourself as a prospective grad student is
1) do I want to do research for the next 6-7-8 years here?
2) would I be happy living here for several years?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only "negotiation" you'll probably do is choosing which labs to rotate in, and which lab you'll eventually join (or switch over for whatever reason).

Research Assistant I Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online

Interview Question – What is your research experience?   View Answer

International Student Counselor Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview Details – Three step process: phone, large panel presentation then candidate meets with individual office members

Interview Question – It seemed like a lot of protocol for a mere advisor/counselor position. This is typical for universities though.   Answer Question

Department Assistant I Interview

Department Assistant I
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview Details – There are several rounds of interviews and HR is extremely slow to get you started. Easy interviews, depending on the department.

Interview Question – "With regard to LGBT issues and those surrounding minorities, how is diversity important in your life?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but I was shut down really quickly.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in May 2012.

Interview Details – online application, recommendations, face to face interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Really fast, got called in for an on-campus interview the day after getting a phone interview. From there, I presented some of my work to the team I was interviewing to join and was evaluated by them. Later I had a background check and drug test so that I could start immediately.

Interview Question – How would you implement a role based access control in a clinical application that has a portal exposed to the public?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated to go a bit higher than what they offered, but they barely budged. Case is great, but the money is average to say the least.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Cleveland, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in June 2010.

Interview Details – Started communication with phone interview. Then scheduled interview with primary manager. Second interview was then scheduled with higher up folks (2). Interviews were short (<1 hour) and consisted mostly of talking about past research, education, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No. They offer you the minimum number you put in for salary when you apply. I would tell people to put in a realistic number for the minimum salary acceptable-- put in the number you want, not the one you're going to be angry about in 6 months.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took one hour. Most of questions were asked by the PI about what types of techniques I have. I had a feeling that the interview was not well organized. All the questions were just come out from the PI. I didn't impress the PI, so I was not able to get the position.

Interview Question – How do you find out this posted position?   Answer Question

Weatherhead School of Management Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in December 2010.

Interview Details – The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! Strung me along for 11 mos only to send me a canned, "you didn't get the job," email. Terrible, terrible experience.

Interview Question – How would you "sell" our students/school to the community?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Case Western Reserve University

Worked for Case Western Reserve University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Case Western Reserve University interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Case Western Reserve University employees and interview candidates.