CaseWare Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
10 interviews

2.3

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CaseWare in November 2010.

I sent an email and when they called me for an interview. After the interview they called me in a week or so and give me an offer. I've accepted it by email and start working the following month.

Interview Questions
    • i can't remember one. They just asked me about my experience   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CaseWare in October 2013.

I applied online and got a call from HR to come in for a written test. The test was long, going for an hour and a half. Mainly simple algorithmic questions and a few logic based ones.

After that, I had an interview with two developers there. It went for more than an hour where they focussed on my algorithmic and SQL skills. It also had some whiteboard coding too. One of them seemed really uptight and unfriendly.

Got better offer elsewhere

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CaseWare in November 2010.

I had my interview long time ago.I had very friendly chat about my expertise and experience.
    First I had an interview with a manager and when senior developers came in and asked some technical questions.
    But one year ago they started to have a technical test for developer candidates.

I received a letter, negotiated vacation

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CaseWare in July 2010.

Responded to internet ad. Was called for interview within two weeks. HR person who phoned said they do not pay for moving expenses should I be hired. Apparently this was the screening question.

Interviewed with development manager. Outwardly he seemed friendly, but I think he was a pessimist by nature. During the interview we had some side conversations not related to the job, this is when his pessimism showed along with his distrust of the interview process, the people he interviewed, and likely new employees.

He gave up on the second half of the interview. I think he saw me as a potential troublemaker within his group, so decided not to bother anymore.

Interview Questions
    • We don't pay moving expenses, are you still interested?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Two one on one interviews. Very straight forward technical questions

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CaseWare in May 2012.

The interview was on their head office in Toronto. It consisted of a written test and an interview with the Hiring Manager and Team Lead. The overall vibe of the place is very positive and you can expect to feel at ease in your interview.

The written test consisted of 3 logic questions 3 QA questions and 1 programming question in 90 minutes. The interview was about 40 minutes long and I had a lot of soft skills related questions since I pretty much aced the written test.

Interview Questions
    • Written Test Question - Johnny's mother had three children. One was named March. Another one was names April. So, what is the third child's name?   View Answers (2)
    • Written Test Question - 4 people with different speeds respectively 1,2,5,10 min and a bridge can only hold 2 persons at a time and you have only 17 min left. How do you cross the bridge?   View Answers (4)
    • Written Test Question - You have 8 balls and all except one are of the same weight. How do you find the one anomalous ball using a scale only TWO times?   View Answer
    There is very less room for negotiations for fresh graduates. Take what they give you if you like the job description.

Applications Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CaseWare in April 2012.

Started off with the skill test. I scored very good marks and then they sent me a coding problem to test my OOP skills and in the end when I went to 1:1 they were only focusing on web technologies, didn't ask any question and didn't even read my resume beforehand. Just wanted me to have web skills

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CaseWare in September 2010.

Two interviews - One with two team leaders, One with manager
    Technical interview was directly related JD.
    Interviewed by team lead.

Test Automation Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CaseWare in March 2009.

got a phone call

Interview Questions
    • piece of code was given to write the output for   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CaseWare in September 2009.

First I talked to a dev. manager and one of senior developers. They were nice and knowledgeable, asking me about my recent projects etc. I remember I had a strange feeling that both of them looked like pushovers to me.

Only when the main "architect" guy came over interviewing me the picture became clear. He was a typical despot with inferiority complex (bragging in front of me about his coming trip to NYC).

This is a one-person ruled shop, and this ruler guy is rude and full of himself.

Technical questions he asked and what he answers to my questions showed to that this software is a mature and sloppy mix of pure Windows technologies with some strange proprietary database (written of course by the main guy). The C++ "test" that was given to me happened to be a spaghetti pure-C program that I was asked to "optimize" meaning to clean up.

Well, I was not desperate to the point of considering submitting myself to this gentleman, so I did not really care for the rest of the interview and was relieved to learn in a few days that I "don't fit". For me that meant I did not look and behave like a pushover.

Interview Questions

Worked for CaseWare? Contribute to the Community!