Casey's General Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

1.8

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Ankeny, IA).

Interview

I sent in the application and they brought set up a time for me to come in and talk to the supervisor., they explained the tasks involved in the position and then asked a few questions, then they took me on a tour of the department introducing me to everyone and explained what each person did in the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any. they explained to position to me and what the pay was and I accepted it as it was

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Casey's General Stores in March 2015.

Interview

APplied and two days later I had an interview. Interview went great they answered all my questions. Everyone is very helpful and nice. Love working with the public. They're flexible with you and understand things happen and that people have life's. Work chores are divided Up so everybody get something to do and switch.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Ankeny, IA).

Interview

I conducted a phone interview before being invited in for a formal interview. I was invited back for a 2nd interview but decided the commute was too much for me so opted out of the process. They were very professional and I was impressed with the corporate benefits.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't surprised by the interview questions. It's my field so interviews aren't as difficult for me. They did a great job of describing the position and the reason why it was open. They asked questions to get to know me and dove down into the specifics of the area of HR I was familiar with.   Answer Question

Cashier/Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Des Moines, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Sent in app and got a call back within 1 week, went in and sat down with the store manager. Asked me some very simple questions, talked about how many hours I want and what the job requirements were, talked to me about my previous experience in that sort of job, and talked to me about my salaries and what was next in the process.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was yelling at you what would you do.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peculiar, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Peculiar, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied when I saw a sign in the window saying "Now Hiring". A couple weeks later I got a call for an interview. Interview had very basic questions on it (mandated by corporate). He skipped around and only asked questions he thought weren't common sense. Other managers occasionally walked in and asked questions and commented during the interview and made it a little uncomfortable. He contacted me within a few hours telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a set pay rate, no reason to try to negotiate on salary. Raise after 90 days though.

Cashier/Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paxton, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Paxton, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

They asked me if I would like to work here, they felt that I would be a GOOD match for the Job Duties . They knew me prior to this process . I knew some of them prior to me working here and liked the food and atmosphere

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they offer you the Job as a Part time employee know that this Means that YOU are on their Call not on your own

Cashier/Sub Maker/Pizza Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

It's actually very simple. I think they always need new workers.
    1 I walked in and picked up a resume
    2 after submitting it, 1 week later I received a phone call asking for an interview
    3They told me on the spot that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• which is a better choice: quick trip or casey's   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will pay more if you 1 have a degree or are currently in college
    2 are expecting to stay with the company or are considering a long term career within the company

Casey's Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Casey's General Stores.

Interview

Tammy is really laid back and chill. The interview was incredibly easy. She basically just wanted to know that you will be dedicated to this job. It is also very important to know that you work every other weekend, no questions asked. Calling in sick isn't an option. You HAVE to find someone to cover for you. If you miss work or don't show up 3 times, you are cut.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McPherson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (McPherson, KS) in May 2014.

Interview

Very standard interview. Get called in for the interview. Sit and answer pretty standard "what would you do if?" type of questions and other normal interview questions. Listen to a description of the job and responsibilities. They gave me an chance to ask any questions I might have at the end, but the job is not overly complex, and the interviewer went over pay and benefits as well as anything else I might have had a question about during the interview, so there wasn't really anything to ask.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casey's General Stores (Council Bluffs, IA).

Interview

very little training that casey's does not provide adquate training for management as well as employees

Interview Questions

• Have fun doing books they do not make sense and if you ask question be aware for backlash ohh and you are responseable for every single penny in that store   Answer Question

Negotiation

they would not budge on salary starting pay is 28k and be prepared to work 60+ per week