Casey's General Stores

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Cook Interview

Ava, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – When I went in for my interview it was professional and short. I had worked for Casey's before and I was returning for a second chance. They were in the process of opening a new store and location and was looking to hire. They asked about my previous experiences with Casey's before. Wanted to make sure I was willing to travel and I had transportation. They also wanted to make sure that I was willing to work any hours and days that were given to me

Interview Question – During the interview there were no difficult or unexpected questions that were asked of me. It was all well handled and professional. They explained what I was hired to do and when my start date was. they also explained that I would be training at one Casey's and then transferred to another Casey's once my training was over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation here. It was straight and to the point. I was hired to do a job

Manager Interview

Manager
Council Bluffs, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casey's General Stores.

Interview Details – very little training that casey's does not provide adquate training for management as well as employees

Interview Question – Have fun doing books they do not make sense and if you ask question be aware for backlash ohh and you are responseable for every single penny in that store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they would not budge on salary starting pay is 28k and be prepared to work 60+ per week

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Casey's General Stores

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews

Interview Question – It was pretty easy if you have the experience necessary for the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kitchen Helper Interview

Rochelle, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – I don't think it was much of an interview. It was like two people talking about everyday stuff. Before I knew it, she was telling me to come in on a certain day for the paperwork to fill out.

Interview Question – Their was none. Just the normal ones for W-2.   Answer Question

Trailer Jockey Interview

Ankeny, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out application....pray....when at interview, be honest and sincere....get hired.

Interview Question – Can you get along with uncooperative coworkers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They had what I wanted because I prayed and God opened the door.

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Casey's General Stores.

Interview Details – Filled out an application, left it at the store. Phone call two days later telling me when to come in to fill out my paperwork.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – They just gave a bunch of scenarios about customer service situations. Also how I handled them in the past. Asked about most of the things on my application, when I was available, what I would like to be doing in a few years and ended by offering me the job.

Interview Question – They were all pretty straight forwards questions, some took more thinking than others but nothing that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave a base hourly wage to every starting employee.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Wood River, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and got called for an interview almost a month later. The person who interviewed me was very friendly and it was her first week working at the Wood River location because she was tranferred to this location. The interview wasnt hard at all if your good at answering Questions. After the interview I was hired on the spot. Interview was on a friday and started my first day Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – My hours. They worked around my school schedule.

Kitchen Interview

Argenta, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely simple. I was only asked about my prior working experience and why I want to work for the company. I was then told I could start two weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Vermillion, SD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Casey's General Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied when the store was completely understaffed. Received an invitation to interview with the store manager. Spent about 30 minutes during the interview process. Was very easy and actually kind of awkward as the manager seemed a bit aloof. Essentially it consisted of seeing if I was a complete weirdo or not (which doesn't really stop them from being hired, but ehhh..) and then me asking questions. Was offered the job about a day or two later.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have in food service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldn't really negotiate for much since it was basically a McJob. Got a 50 cent raise after 3 months.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Casey's General Stores

Worked for Casey's General Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Casey's General Stores interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Casey's General Stores employees and interview candidates.