Cash Store

Updated Aug 19, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cash Store

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store.

When they call you better be able to come in the same day. They ask a couple of questions about your past, if they like you they tell you that day, if they say they will call you or have other interviews that's means you did not get the job. Don't call the store because the DM is the one who interviews and they wont return your calls at all.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation no matter what

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cash Store in July 2014.

I applied online and immediately received a phone call setting up an interview. The interview is held in the store at a table that is in the front of the store. Everyone can see and hear you. It is a little distracting because you can also hear everyone as well. The up side of it, is you get to see first hand how the store works. The interview was very common, asking questions about how you have handled difficult situations before and if you like to work by yourself or others and stuff like that. After the interview I was offered the position on the spot. I am in the process of changing careers and I had applied to a lot of places and had other interviews set up, so I asked if I could have a couple of days to think about it. She said that would be ok just let her know by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

The was a change in my availability and I would not have been able to work the hours I was needed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cash Store in June 2014.

I applied on line and had a call the same day requesting to set up an interview with the District Manager. The interview was held in the lobby of the store which I felt very strange discussing "me" with customers coming in let alone another employee sitting behind the counter.

This is a six day work week and Assistant Store Manager seems to be given to all employees unless you're corporate. It's also mandatory that you go to other locations to fill in (this is not in the posted ad) - needless to say 30 miles one way is not desirable. Yes, they pay mileage however, most people unless they apply for a travel job are a bit stunned by this.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were the standard questions - the except; "where else have you applied?" Didn't really think this was any of their business.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cash Store.

They called me shortly after I submitted the application and hired me the next day. They were very short staffed, which i found out later was always the situation and needed a body to fill the position

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. I found out later that all they're really looking for is people skills. They ask a lot of questions about what you think good customer service is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cash Store.

You will be contacted and will have an interview with the district manager only. It is likely that they will only interview a few people. The questions are canned and related to basic customer service situations. I believe there were only three questions. Also, you will go over your resume and what you liked and didn't like about your previous jobs. Do not talk smack about your previous jobs. While I was there, the district manager hired a lady because she felt like the interview was more conversational, though I am certain the two had a pre-existing relationship.

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cash Store.

I found the interview process to be very unprofessional. The interview was conducted sitting at a table in the front of the store, with a line of customers waiting to be helped while it took 2 managers to conduct the interview. If I were a customer, I would feel unsettled and unsatisfied having an interview conducted right there while I wait to be helped. Additionally, I asked the following 2 questions during the interview (After being asked if I had any questions they could answer);

"You mentioned making bank deposits, can you tell me what steps are taken to ensure I don't ahve to deposit $10,000 or more at one time so that I don't have to provide my personal social security number to a bank I'm not a part of?"

And

"I was wondering if you could tell me what steps are taken to ensure my safety considering the cash on hand in the store. For example, I would assume no one is left alone in a store, is there a policy in place that prevents there from being employees alone in a store, for safety sake? Or some policy like it?"

Both of these questions were answered with a curt "We don't answer those types of questions in an initial interview.".

An interview is supposed to be a way for both employer and potential employee to ask questions and discover if it's a fit for both. I find it VERY questionable that they will ask you any manner of questions in your interview, but refuse to answer any questions you have about their operations or attempts at employee safety.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just a very hurried feel about the interview.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store in July 2012.

I submitted my application online & had my interview about a week later I think. My interview was conducted in the store at the counter, very low key. My interviewer asked me a lot of scenario based questions, like "if this situation was happening, what would you do/say?" or "Tell me about how you handled a situation similar to this in the past?"
    After my interview, I went home, and got a call with a job offer after 45 minutes. I accepted, and had to wait on a background check to make things official. I passed and started training a week later.
    I did later find out that the particular manager that I had does not hire people based on their skills or expertise, but how much she liked their personality in the interview. She had said if she feels like you're easy to talk to, she'll hire you.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say the questions were difficult at all. You just have to think of good situations you've handled in the past to talk about.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the pay is set the same for all store managers in the area. Raises are set & scheduled as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store in August 2010.

The interview was held in the lobby, there were at least 4 other people there for the interview. You could hear the other persons interview. Upon arrival I had to fill out an application. Then I was asked to tell about myself. After that I was given general information about the job. Then I was given a test that was timed. Example of question True or false, Red headed kids are normal, Johnny is redheaded, he is Normal. Answer would be True. You had to make a 25 to pass. It was graded while there. I was told I did way above. While I was there another girl was told she failed. The job only paid 13.50 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, NM

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store in February 2010.

Called to store about application and was told to come in and fill out. After applying they reviewed app and had me take a skills test that was weighted by age of applicant. After taking test I had personal interview and was told to wait while they interviewed a few other applicants. after the others left I was offered the job pending background and credit check.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the Cash Store?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating !!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, NM

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cash Store in January 2009.

I saw the ad in the newspaper seeking a store manager. I called the number and was told to come by between 10-4 the next day. Upon arrival I was asked to take a test. The test consisted of simple math, reading, spelling questions. Pretty much 5th grade material. They give you 12 minutes to complete as many as possible. ( 75 questions maybe) after the district manager scored my test I was brought into the back where the district manager and regional manager interviewed me. I was then asked to fill out an application and sign for a credit check. I heard back from them 2 days later saying I passed. I was already informed of the salary at my interview, so they simply reconfirmed my start date. The hiring process was fast and easy. I was told I had the job at my interview as long as my credit check went through fine. Overall it was the easiest interview/hiring process I've ever gone through.

Interview Questions
    There is a base salary that is non negotiable.