Cash Store

Updated Jan 17, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cash Store

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cash Store.

My interview was less than 30 minutes and went over basics. I was offered the job on the spot. I didn't find any of the questions out of the ordinary. My interviewer was interested in whether or not I would be willing to move up with the company as they like to promote from within.

NA

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cash Store.

I applied online after seeing the job on Careerbuilder. I did the application on a Saturday, got a call for an interview 3 days later. I arrived ten minutes early. The DM met me right away and begun my interview at one of the back terminals. The interview was very laid back and quick. Felt more like a conversation regarding my previous experience and how it would tie in. No difficult questions. I was shown pay rates and given store hours. She told me she had more interviews and would call me to let me know in a few days. Two days later I was offered the job contingent on background and credit check. I passed and began training the following week.

Interview Questions
    The pay rates were set. I was happy with the starting salary already because it's much higher than many of the competitors.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store.

When they call you better be able to come in the same day. They ask a couple of questions about your past, if they like you they tell you that day, if they say they will call you or have other interviews that's means you did not get the job. Don't call the store because the DM is the one who interviews and they wont return your calls at all.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation no matter what

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cash Store in July 2014.

I applied online and immediately received a phone call setting up an interview. The interview is held in the store at a table that is in the front of the store. Everyone can see and hear you. It is a little distracting because you can also hear everyone as well. The up side of it, is you get to see first hand how the store works. The interview was very common, asking questions about how you have handled difficult situations before and if you like to work by yourself or others and stuff like that. After the interview I was offered the position on the spot. I am in the process of changing careers and I had applied to a lot of places and had other interviews set up, so I asked if I could have a couple of days to think about it. She said that would be ok just let her know by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

The was a change in my availability and I would not have been able to work the hours I was needed for.

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cash Store in June 2014.

I applied on line and had a call the same day requesting to set up an interview with the District Manager. The interview was held in the lobby of the store which I felt very strange discussing "me" with customers coming in let alone another employee sitting behind the counter.

This is a six day work week and Assistant Store Manager seems to be given to all employees unless you're corporate. It's also mandatory that you go to other locations to fill in (this is not in the posted ad) - needless to say 30 miles one way is not desirable. Yes, they pay mileage however, most people unless they apply for a travel job are a bit stunned by this.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were the standard questions - the except; "where else have you applied?" Didn't really think this was any of their business.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cash Store.

They called me shortly after I submitted the application and hired me the next day. They were very short staffed, which i found out later was always the situation and needed a body to fill the position

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. I found out later that all they're really looking for is people skills. They ask a lot of questions about what you think good customer service is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cash Store.

You will be contacted and will have an interview with the district manager only. It is likely that they will only interview a few people. The questions are canned and related to basic customer service situations. I believe there were only three questions. Also, you will go over your resume and what you liked and didn't like about your previous jobs. Do not talk smack about your previous jobs. While I was there, the district manager hired a lady because she felt like the interview was more conversational, though I am certain the two had a pre-existing relationship.

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cash Store.

I found the interview process to be very unprofessional. The interview was conducted sitting at a table in the front of the store, with a line of customers waiting to be helped while it took 2 managers to conduct the interview. If I were a customer, I would feel unsettled and unsatisfied having an interview conducted right there while I wait to be helped. Additionally, I asked the following 2 questions during the interview (After being asked if I had any questions they could answer);

"You mentioned making bank deposits, can you tell me what steps are taken to ensure I don't ahve to deposit $10,000 or more at one time so that I don't have to provide my personal social security number to a bank I'm not a part of?"

And

"I was wondering if you could tell me what steps are taken to ensure my safety considering the cash on hand in the store. For example, I would assume no one is left alone in a store, is there a policy in place that prevents there from being employees alone in a store, for safety sake? Or some policy like it?"

Both of these questions were answered with a curt "We don't answer those types of questions in an initial interview.".

An interview is supposed to be a way for both employer and potential employee to ask questions and discover if it's a fit for both. I find it VERY questionable that they will ask you any manner of questions in your interview, but refuse to answer any questions you have about their operations or attempts at employee safety.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just a very hurried feel about the interview.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store in July 2012.

I submitted my application online & had my interview about a week later I think. My interview was conducted in the store at the counter, very low key. My interviewer asked me a lot of scenario based questions, like "if this situation was happening, what would you do/say?" or "Tell me about how you handled a situation similar to this in the past?"
    After my interview, I went home, and got a call with a job offer after 45 minutes. I accepted, and had to wait on a background check to make things official. I passed and started training a week later.
    I did later find out that the particular manager that I had does not hire people based on their skills or expertise, but how much she liked their personality in the interview. She had said if she feels like you're easy to talk to, she'll hire you.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say the questions were difficult at all. You just have to think of good situations you've handled in the past to talk about.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the pay is set the same for all store managers in the area. Raises are set & scheduled as well.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cash Store in August 2010.

The interview was held in the lobby, there were at least 4 other people there for the interview. You could hear the other persons interview. Upon arrival I had to fill out an application. Then I was asked to tell about myself. After that I was given general information about the job. Then I was given a test that was timed. Example of question True or false, Red headed kids are normal, Johnny is redheaded, he is Normal. Answer would be True. You had to make a 25 to pass. It was graded while there. I was told I did way above. While I was there another girl was told she failed. The job only paid 13.50 per hour.