Cash Store Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

1.7

Upper Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cash Store (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Thursday, and Thursday evening I received a call from CS GM, and my interview was scheduled the following morning. This was one of the best interviews I ever experienced. The GM knew what personality she wanted, and what would perfect fit. I was offered a management position on the spot, pending my background, including credit check. Today is Friday if I haven't heard anything by Monday I will follow-up. No worries guys, I will keep you posted on end result. Wish me luck, fingers crossed, and knees bending...

Interview Questions

• The questions asked where the star method. Tell me about a time when you experience an challenging obstacle, and what did you do to over come?   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

Well you submit your resume online and you may or may not get the call. I did get a call.. Phone interview was very basic nothing great at all. Then they asked me to come for one on one interview. Which was very very simple. We talked more about current political and other things in the world. It may be lasted 45 minutes. I really don't re if she asked me anything to do with the job. But maybe that's the trick.

Interview Questions

• What do I think about obamacare?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

My interview was less than 30 minutes and went over basics. I was offered the job on the spot. I didn't find any of the questions out of the ordinary. My interviewer was interested in whether or not I would be willing to move up with the company as they like to promote from within.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job on Careerbuilder. I did the application on a Saturday, got a call for an interview 3 days later. I arrived ten minutes early. The DM met me right away and begun my interview at one of the back terminals. The interview was very laid back and quick. Felt more like a conversation regarding my previous experience and how it would tie in. No difficult questions. I was shown pay rates and given store hours. She told me she had more interviews and would call me to let me know in a few days. Two days later I was offered the job contingent on background and credit check. I passed and began training the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay rates were set. I was happy with the starting salary already because it's much higher than many of the competitors.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

When they call you better be able to come in the same day. They ask a couple of questions about your past, if they like you they tell you that day, if they say they will call you or have other interviews that's means you did not get the job. Don't call the store because the DM is the one who interviews and they wont return your calls at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation no matter what

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cash Store (Waukesha, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and immediately received a phone call setting up an interview. The interview is held in the store at a table that is in the front of the store. Everyone can see and hear you. It is a little distracting because you can also hear everyone as well. The up side of it, is you get to see first hand how the store works. The interview was very common, asking questions about how you have handled difficult situations before and if you like to work by yourself or others and stuff like that. After the interview I was offered the position on the spot. I am in the process of changing careers and I had applied to a lot of places and had other interviews set up, so I asked if I could have a couple of days to think about it. She said that would be ok just let her know by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

The was a change in my availability and I would not have been able to work the hours I was needed for.

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cash Store (Wausau, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and had a call the same day requesting to set up an interview with the District Manager. The interview was held in the lobby of the store which I felt very strange discussing "me" with customers coming in let alone another employee sitting behind the counter. This is a six day work week and Assistant Store Manager seems to be given to all employees unless you're corporate. It's also mandatory that you go to other locations to fill in (this is not in the posted ad) - needless to say 30 miles one way is not desirable. Yes, they pay mileage however, most people unless they apply for a travel job are a bit stunned by this.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were the standard questions - the except; "where else have you applied?" Didn't really think this was any of their business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash Store (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with the DM at the time, I was there 5 minutes early but she got to me about 20 minutes later because she was stuck in traffic, she was awesome, she asked me the basic questions they have on their packet and we just had a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with angry customers or have you ever had a conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

They called me shortly after I submitted the application and hired me the next day. They were very short staffed, which i found out later was always the situation and needed a body to fill the position

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. I found out later that all they're really looking for is people skills. They ask a lot of questions about what you think good customer service is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cash Store (Post Falls, ID).

Interview

You will be contacted and will have an interview with the district manager only. It is likely that they will only interview a few people. The questions are canned and related to basic customer service situations. I believe there were only three questions. Also, you will go over your resume and what you liked and didn't like about your previous jobs. Do not talk smack about your previous jobs. While I was there, the district manager hired a lady because she felt like the interview was more conversational, though I am certain the two had a pre-existing relationship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.