Castalia Interview Questions & Reviews

3.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Castalia in April 2013.

The longest interview I've ever had. Started from 9:30 and ended at 11:50. With 3 different interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most striking differences between China and the US?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Castalia in January 2012.

Phone interview with case study testing economic and financial knowledge (CAPM, NPV, WACC, etc.)

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Castalia in June 2011.

I was recommended by a former colleague who worked with the company in Washington DC. I was contacted via email, then I had two phone conversations with the Managing Director and a lengthy (2.5 hour) face-to-face chat with the Chief Exectutive. The conversation ranged from deeply probing my understanding of economic issues and concepts to discussions of my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What does efficiency mean to you? Give real world examples.   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Castalia in November 2011.

I was not expecting behavioral questions to dominate a phone screening, but that was what happened. There were about 3-4 staff members. They were very short and brief, shooting questions after questions. They were obviously not too concerned about making it comfortable and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you solve a problem successfully compared to a time when you did not solve a problem successfully. What did you learn? What would you change next time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Castalia

Worked for Castalia? Contribute to the Community!