Castlight Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.4

Product Management Interview

A little bit normal process: The hiring manager calls you for a phone interview, then you are invited to onsite interview at their SF office. I met with four people. The different part is that they require a 30 minute presentation and 30 minute product design session, which is not very normal. I spent quite some time preparing that, but only the hiring manager was there.

Interview Questions
    • Most are normal questions. They didn't ask very weird questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health in October 2014.

Their recruiters are the worst. They are unresponsive and extremely unprofessional. Someone reached out to me many weeks after I submitted my application, and I didn't hear back from them after following up. The lackluster hiring staff is a shame because the company has interesting product offerings and great potential.

Strategic Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health.

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter a couple of weeks later to set up a call with the hiring manager. Initial contact with the recruiter was timely. The call with the hiring manager was 30 minutes and primarily assessed cultural fit, even though the qualifications called for strong quantitative skills (e.g., Excel capabilities). The interview was behavioral in nature and began with general background questions, which led into more specific questions about past experience and how that fits into the role. The interview ended with my asking three solid questions about Castlight's competitors and potential for growth, indicating that I had researched the company and had industry knowledge, as evidenced by the hiring manager's positive reactions. He ended the interview somewhat disinterested despite my assumption it had gone well. I was told I would hear back within a week. Followed up twice with the recruiter but never received a response. Extremely unprofessional and indicative of poor company culture.

Product Manager Interview

Had a bad experience. Very unprofessional recruiting process where they lead you on. The interview itself requires a lot of preparation too. Worst return on time invested for an interview.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Castlight Health in August 2014.

Standard fare. Applied through website. Corporate recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. Very long phone interview, and then silence. The phone interview with hiring manager was quite involved and actually required a lot of preparation on my part. That being said, the person who interviewed me also invested a lot of time going over my resume. This part of hiring process was actually quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Just general questions related to how my previous job experience will fit with the position the company is trying to fill.   Answer Question

People Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health in June 2014.

I had two phone interviews (one with recruiter, one with hiring manager).There were about 30 minutes each. Then, I had a 4 hour on-site interview with 5 people. The recruiters were extremely responsive after the process and kept in touch regularly. It was refreshing that a company cared so much about their prospects - regardless of whether or not they hire them. I was offered the job about a week after my on-site interview. I was able to receive the offer, negotiate and accept in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to teach something (create an impromptu speech).   View Answer
    Able to negotiate; negotiation turnaround was about 3 hours.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health in May 2014.

Two phone interviews followed by in person interview.

This company is not very organized at all with the negatives of a start up. Communication is all over the place. Good luck getting them to contact you on time for a phone interview. Then they drag their feet to let you know what is next. This is one of those companies that have been around for a few years, but still think they are a start up. Kind of like a college grad who still thinks they are a student. You can’t grow a company when you don’t accept that your company has grown and now you have to take responsibility for poorly handling candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just normal questions based on the job description.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Castlight Health.

First phone interview was more of a fit and "tell me about your experiences doing X". Second round of interviews involved preparing a case which is a good barometer for whether you'll like the work. Met with a variety of team members, from future peers to leaders on the team, which provided a good sense of what the job would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Presenting the Case, and why you made the decisions you did.   Answer Question

People Strategy Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health.

My resume was sent there by a staffing agency. The interview process took 3-4 weeks consisting of 2 phone interviews, going in person for 3 interviews, then another round in person with 2 more interviews.
    I was happy to meet with so many people so I could get a good feel for the team and the company to make sure I was a good fit and also that the position would be a good fit for me. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly straight forward for my position.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Castlight Health.

Thorough interview process. It started with a phone screen followed up by an in person interview with 3 people. Second round was in person with 5 additional people. I met all of the stakeholders that I would work closely with. I was given ample opportunity to ask questions and learn about the business. The VP, Product even demonstrated the product for me! Everyone was extremely professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were several situational questions. What would you do if...   Answer Question
    Professional.