Casual Male Retail Group

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – This process began with a recruiter contacting me through my email. I went onto the link she provided to me and applied for the position. I then went through 3 different assessments that took about 1 hour each. Once they had been successfully completed she then scheduled an interview time over the phone.
I went through 2 phone interviews with a recruiting agent first. Then the District Manager phone interviewed with me. All 3 took an hour or more. DM scheduled time to fly over for personal interview. Two days before I had not received word of confirmation so I called the recruiter. She told me that the meeting had been canceled and she was just about to call me when I called her. She said the DM would contact me to reschedule, however she called me a week later to reschedule. I finally met with the DM who in turn brought another person with him that was transferring into this district. I was with them both for two hours. I then had contact the Region Vice President for yet another phone interview. This entire process from beginning to end took two months and three weeks before I was offered the position. Past that I I was given one start date and ended up staring 3 weeks sooner with only 2 days advanced notice.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation process was rather smooth.

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview Details – Easy interview with store manager....very easy to talk to.

Interview Question – None....store manager and I had previously worked for another retail store and had quite a bit in common.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy...not difficult at all.

Very Easy Interview

Hamden, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, was asked to set up a date and time for a phone interview. That time came and went. No phone call. I tried reaching someone but to no avail. The worst part is they never emailed or gave me a phone call back.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Casual Male Retail Group Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Casual Male Retail Group employees and interview candidates.