Casual Male Retail Group

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

It was a great interview process. First a phone interview. The process consisted of two group interviews. The questions were pretty normal. Basic interview questions. Great interview process, The company made you feel at home during the process.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

I first applied online in February. A few weeks later I received a phone call about the position which turned into a phone interview, then during the call the HR associate wanted to set up an interview date for me. I interviewed about a week after the phone call, then I was told I was offered the position about a week or 2 weeks later. It was a relatively quick process

Interview Questions
    • They were concerned about a long commute.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

They will take you on the floor to role play selling techniques during the interview. I was referred by another manager so I was quickly hired after doing the online paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • none, but don't be suckered in by the fun D.M. He has to fill positions asap because of the turnover rate at thecompany.   View Answer
    Quick, a few days or more.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2013.

The position was initially advertised on Craigslist by the Store Manager. He invited me in for an interview. I also had a chance to interview with his existing Assistant Manager. She was the most condescending person I've met in an interview. Considering I've been a Casual Male customer for many years, I know more about selling clothing to big guys than she will ever know.

I get past the interview and get passed on to HR for the next step. First, it's the demeaning psychological profile test. Then, I had the 1 hour phone interview with HR. She said I passed, and should expected to have an interview with the Regional Manager.

That's where it all ended. Never had a call. My calls were never returned.

Very unprofessional company. I wish I had read the reviews here first.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

several interviews they want to make sure they have the right person for the right company

Interview Questions
    be yourself if you do not do well then you need another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in May 2013.

I applied after seeing a job posting for a Store Manager at Indeed.com. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took just over 1 hour. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me. The DM contacted me the following Monday to set up an interview. He then called me back to change the time. The next call I got was to change the location, because there was a scheduling conflict. I arrived for the interview, which was at a noisy cafe with a lot of distractions. The interview was about an hour long, we discussed management style and I had questions about what I read online about casual male group. Basically, I read that all the stores were being converted, and I asked what would be happening to the store I was applying for. The DM told me that there would be at least two stores being combined into one new DXL location, and that he would only be taking the best performing managers from each store, the others would not be needed. The time frame was about six months. So basically, if hired, I had six months to learn the company and out perform the other managers, or risk being let go. I was still interested and he said that he would be be making a decision in two weeks. That was two months ago and I never received a follow-up phone call, letter, or e-mail. Not even a "thank you for applying, but we selected another.." Basically it was a huge waste of time, but I thing they did me a favor. Based on what others have said, it's not a company that I would want to pursue.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you looking to switch jobs because you need to make more money?" I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that question straddles the inappropriae.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairlawn, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairlawn, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

I filled out an application online within a few days I was called for an interview. Upon calling back I had an interview scheduled for the next day and was called back the same day for a job offer. The interview process was by the book. Asking questions that you knew had right and wrong answers. The application stated full time but the reality was part time. They explain the $6.30 per hour and 3% comission on sales and it sounds like you can make $1000 a week. Completely unrealistic for a regular Casual Male store and a low sales one especially.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is always describe yourself.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They tell you exactly what you are going to get paid and make it seem incredible. In reality it is pitiful.

Store Manager Interview

A manager from a retail clothing store had been contacted by a recruiter looking for qualified individuals for a store management position. The manager called me as the recruiter was needing to hire quickly. I did an online search and found the job posted on a job board. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me as that DM would be in town the current week and their search was critical. I was provided with the name of the DM and thanked,and asked to complete the online profile with CMRG, as well as submit my interest to the CMRG job posting. I received a 'Thank You' email from Headway confirming that the named DM would be contacting me and the link for CMRG. While there were jobs for that location, there was not a posting for store manager. I did submit my resume and cover letter to another posting to that location so that my information would be available for them to view in case there was a glitch. I have worked for a company that converted to an electronic application process and I have seen a couple of glitches before. I sent a return email to Headway, thanking them for the interview and notifying them of the absent job posting on CMRG. It has been over two weeks and I have not been contacted, nor was my email responded to. Too bad as they may have lost a valuable asset.

Interview Questions
    • Very good and indepth interview. Best question: How do I evaulate performance and how do I correct underperformers?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Easy interview with store manager....very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • None....store manager and I had previously worked for another retail store and had quite a bit in common.   Answer Question
    Very easy...not difficult at all.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in September 2012.

I applied online, was asked to set up a date and time for a phone interview. That time came and went. No phone call. I tried reaching someone but to no avail. The worst part is they never emailed or gave me a phone call back.