Casual Male Retail Group

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

A manager from a retail clothing store had been contacted by a recruiter looking for qualified individuals for a store management position. The manager called me as the recruiter was needing to hire quickly. I did an online search and found the job posted on a job board. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me as that DM would be in town the current week and their search was critical. I was provided with the name of the DM and thanked,and asked to complete the online profile with CMRG, as well as submit my interest to the CMRG job posting. I received a 'Thank You' email from Headway confirming that the named DM would be contacting me and the link for CMRG. While there were jobs for that location, there was not a posting for store manager. I did submit my resume and cover letter to another posting to that location so that my information would be available for them to view in case there was a glitch. I have worked for a company that converted to an electronic application process and I have seen a couple of glitches before. I sent a return email to Headway, thanking them for the interview and notifying them of the absent job posting on CMRG. It has been over two weeks and I have not been contacted, nor was my email responded to. Too bad as they may have lost a valuable asset.

Interview Questions
    • Very good and indepth interview. Best question: How do I evaulate performance and how do I correct underperformers?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

several interviews they want to make sure they have the right person for the right company

Interview Questions
    be yourself if you do not do well then you need another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

I first applied online in February. A few weeks later I received a phone call about the position which turned into a phone interview, then during the call the HR associate wanted to set up an interview date for me. I interviewed about a week after the phone call, then I was told I was offered the position about a week or 2 weeks later. It was a relatively quick process

Interview Questions
    • They were concerned about a long commute.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2013.

The position was initially advertised on Craigslist by the Store Manager. He invited me in for an interview. I also had a chance to interview with his existing Assistant Manager. She was the most condescending person I've met in an interview. Considering I've been a Casual Male customer for many years, I know more about selling clothing to big guys than she will ever know.

I get past the interview and get passed on to HR for the next step. First, it's the demeaning psychological profile test. Then, I had the 1 hour phone interview with HR. She said I passed, and should expected to have an interview with the Regional Manager.

That's where it all ended. Never had a call. My calls were never returned.

Very unprofessional company. I wish I had read the reviews here first.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2011.

you have to apply on line ,then you have to wait untill someone calls you for a phone interveiw .then you meet with manager and another interveiw ,and you have to go back on line and do a personality test for overall .it takes 2 weeks after that to get into the work place , so about a mth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2012.

First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for a Sales/Manager position. I emailed my resume and got a call about a week later for an interview the next day.

I show up on time. The manager was with another guest so I probably waited 10 minutes before the interview started.

Asked the standard questions. "Why us" "What is a good manager" "Where is your favorite place to shop" "Describe a time you got good service"

I have to say it was very unprofessional. Her phone kept ringing, got interrupted by the other manager filling in from Cherry Creek. She even told me that they are always understaffed and most of the time you work by yourself. Stocking, cashier, meeting sale goals.

I left and never heard anything from her again. Kind of glad I didn't get the job after what I saw. The pay was a joke for what was expected.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in June 2011.

1:1 interviews with director of tax, financial accounting, operations, and VP of Finance. All interviews were basic, standard questions. Nothing too difficult. No technical questions were asked. directors gave their backgrounds and then asked for mine. They also showed me around the office and introduced me to some of the workers in the finance department.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. They would only pay minimum wage for the program.

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!