Casual Male Retail Group

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview Details – several interviews they want to make sure they have the right person for the right company

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – be yourself if you do not do well then you need another company

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Question – Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview Details – A manager from a retail clothing store had been contacted by a recruiter looking for qualified individuals for a store management position. The manager called me as the recruiter was needing to hire quickly. I did an online search and found the job posted on a job board. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me as that DM would be in town the current week and their search was critical. I was provided with the name of the DM and thanked,and asked to complete the online profile with CMRG, as well as submit my interest to the CMRG job posting. I received a 'Thank You' email from Headway confirming that the named DM would be contacting me and the link for CMRG. While there were jobs for that location, there was not a posting for store manager. I did submit my resume and cover letter to another posting to that location so that my information would be available for them to view in case there was a glitch. I have worked for a company that converted to an electronic application process and I have seen a couple of glitches before. I sent a return email to Headway, thanking them for the interview and notifying them of the absent job posting on CMRG. It has been over two weeks and I have not been contacted, nor was my email responded to. Too bad as they may have lost a valuable asset.

Interview Question – Very good and indepth interview. Best question: How do I evaulate performance and how do I correct underperformers?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Second Assistant Manager
Natick, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – The position was initially advertised on Craigslist by the Store Manager. He invited me in for an interview. I also had a chance to interview with his existing Assistant Manager. She was the most condescending person I've met in an interview. Considering I've been a Casual Male customer for many years, I know more about selling clothing to big guys than she will ever know.

I get past the interview and get passed on to HR for the next step. First, it's the demeaning psychological profile test. Then, I had the 1 hour phone interview with HR. She said I passed, and should expected to have an interview with the Regional Manager.

That's where it all ended. Never had a call. My calls were never returned.

Very unprofessional company. I wish I had read the reviews here first.

Interview Question – What do you know about selling?   View Answer

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

Interview Details – I first applied online in February. A few weeks later I received a phone call about the position which turned into a phone interview, then during the call the HR associate wanted to set up an interview date for me. I interviewed about a week after the phone call, then I was told I was offered the position about a week or 2 weeks later. It was a relatively quick process

Interview Question – They were concerned about a long commute.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Management Interview

Management
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – you have to apply on line ,then you have to wait untill someone calls you for a phone interveiw .then you meet with manager and another interveiw ,and you have to go back on line and do a personality test for overall .it takes 2 weeks after that to get into the work place , so about a mth.

Interview Question – what kind of car do drive?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Fairlawn, OH

Interview Details – I filled out an application online within a few days I was called for an interview. Upon calling back I had an interview scheduled for the next day and was called back the same day for a job offer. The interview process was by the book. Asking questions that you knew had right and wrong answers. The application stated full time but the reality was part time. They explain the $6.30 per hour and 3% comission on sales and it sounds like you can make $1000 a week. Completely unrealistic for a regular Casual Male store and a low sales one especially.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is always describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They tell you exactly what you are going to get paid and make it seem incredible. In reality it is pitiful.

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied after seeing a job posting for a Store Manager at Indeed.com. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took just over 1 hour. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me. The DM contacted me the following Monday to set up an interview. He then called me back to change the time. The next call I got was to change the location, because there was a scheduling conflict. I arrived for the interview, which was at a noisy cafe with a lot of distractions. The interview was about an hour long, we discussed management style and I had questions about what I read online about casual male group. Basically, I read that all the stores were being converted, and I asked what would be happening to the store I was applying for. The DM told me that there would be at least two stores being combined into one new DXL location, and that he would only be taking the best performing managers from each store, the others would not be needed. The time frame was about six months. So basically, if hired, I had six months to learn the company and out perform the other managers, or risk being let go. I was still interested and he said that he would be be making a decision in two weeks. That was two months ago and I never received a follow-up phone call, letter, or e-mail. Not even a "thank you for applying, but we selected another.." Basically it was a huge waste of time, but I thing they did me a favor. Based on what others have said, it's not a company that I would want to pursue.

Interview Question – "Are you looking to switch jobs because you need to make more money?" I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that question straddles the inappropriae.   Answer Question

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!