Casual Male Retail Group Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Westminster, CO).

Interview

Saw an ad on Craigslist for a Sales/Manager position. I emailed my resume and got a call about a week later for an interview the next day. I show up on time. The manager was with another guest so I probably waited 10 minutes before the interview started. Asked the standard questions. "Why us" "What is a good manager" "Where is your favorite place to shop" "Describe a time you got good service" I have to say it was very unprofessional. Her phone kept ringing, got interrupted by the other manager filling in from Cherry Creek. She even told me that they are always understaffed and most of the time you work by yourself. Stocking, cashier, meeting sale goals. I left and never heard anything from her again. Kind of glad I didn't get the job after what I saw. The pay was a joke for what was expected.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Beaverton, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Bronx, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took about a month and a half I applied in person and was called back for an interview within a week . Had and interview with former store manager she ask me what will I bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• They wanted you to work any hours and put you down a lot when not meeting their expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me that since I get commission 6.00 and that was company policy . That was my first job and I didn't know that the least they can pay is minimum wage .

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

Interview

This process began with a recruiter contacting me through my email. I went onto the link she provided to me and applied for the position. I then went through 3 different assessments that took about 1 hour each. Once they had been successfully completed she then scheduled an interview time over the phone. I went through 2 phone interviews with a recruiting agent first. Then the District Manager phone interviewed with me. All 3 took an hour or more. DM scheduled time to fly over for personal interview. Two days before I had not received word of confirmation so I called the recruiter. She told me that the meeting had been canceled and she was just about to call me when I called her. She said the DM would contact me to reschedule, however she called me a week later to reschedule. I finally met with the DM who in turn brought another person with him that was transferring into this district. I was with them both for two hours. I then had contact the Region Vice President for yet another phone interview. This entire process from beginning to end took two months and three weeks before I was offered the position. Past that I I was given one start date and ended up staring 3 weeks sooner with only 2 days advanced notice.

Negotiation

Negotiation process was rather smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Canton, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

1:1 interviews with director of tax, financial accounting, operations, and VP of Finance. All interviews were basic, standard questions. Nothing too difficult. No technical questions were asked. directors gave their backgrounds and then asked for mine. They also showed me around the office and introduced me to some of the workers in the finance department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. They would only pay minimum wage for the program.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

you have to apply on line ,then you have to wait untill someone calls you for a phone interveiw .then you meet with manager and another interveiw ,and you have to go back on line and do a personality test for overall .it takes 2 weeks after that to get into the work place , so about a mth.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

Interview

This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question