Casual Male Retail Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2012.

First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2012.

The hiring process took about a month and a half I applied in person and was called back for an interview within a week . Had and interview with former store manager she ask me what will I bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted you to work any hours and put you down a lot when not meeting their expectations.   Answer Question
    They told me that since I get commission 6.00 and that was company policy . That was my first job and I didn't know that the least they can pay is minimum wage .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

This process began with a recruiter contacting me through my email. I went onto the link she provided to me and applied for the position. I then went through 3 different assessments that took about 1 hour each. Once they had been successfully completed she then scheduled an interview time over the phone.
    I went through 2 phone interviews with a recruiting agent first. Then the District Manager phone interviewed with me. All 3 took an hour or more. DM scheduled time to fly over for personal interview. Two days before I had not received word of confirmation so I called the recruiter. She told me that the meeting had been canceled and she was just about to call me when I called her. She said the DM would contact me to reschedule, however she called me a week later to reschedule. I finally met with the DM who in turn brought another person with him that was transferring into this district. I was with them both for two hours. I then had contact the Region Vice President for yet another phone interview. This entire process from beginning to end took two months and three weeks before I was offered the position. Past that I I was given one start date and ended up staring 3 weeks sooner with only 2 days advanced notice.

Negotiation process was rather smooth.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in June 2011.

1:1 interviews with director of tax, financial accounting, operations, and VP of Finance. All interviews were basic, standard questions. Nothing too difficult. No technical questions were asked. directors gave their backgrounds and then asked for mine. They also showed me around the office and introduced me to some of the workers in the finance department.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. They would only pay minimum wage for the program.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2011.

you have to apply on line ,then you have to wait untill someone calls you for a phone interveiw .then you meet with manager and another interveiw ,and you have to go back on line and do a personality test for overall .it takes 2 weeks after that to get into the work place , so about a mth.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question