Casual Male Retail Group

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

They will take you on the floor to role play selling techniques during the interview. I was referred by another manager so I was quickly hired after doing the online paperwork.

Interview Questions
  • none, but don't be suckered in by the fun D.M. He has to fill positions asap because of the turnover rate at thecompany.   View Answer
Quick, a few days or more.

Other Interview Reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in January 2012.

applied online headway called had a phone screen met with the dm then phone interview with rvp got emailed an offer letter the process took very long like 3 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in May 2013.

I applied after seeing a job posting for a Store Manager at Indeed.com. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took just over 1 hour. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me. The DM contacted me the following Monday to set up an interview. He then called me back to change the time. The next call I got was to change the location, because there was a scheduling conflict. I arrived for the interview, which was at a noisy cafe with a lot of distractions. The interview was about an hour long, we discussed management style and I had questions about what I read online about casual male group. Basically, I read that all the stores were being converted, and I asked what would be happening to the store I was applying for. The DM told me that there would be at least two stores being combined into one new DXL location, and that he would only be taking the best performing managers from each store, the others would not be needed. The time frame was about six months. So basically, if hired, I had six months to learn the company and out perform the other managers, or risk being let go. I was still interested and he said that he would be be making a decision in two weeks. That was two months ago and I never received a follow-up phone call, letter, or e-mail. Not even a "thank you for applying, but we selected another.." Basically it was a huge waste of time, but I thing they did me a favor. Based on what others have said, it's not a company that I would want to pursue.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you looking to switch jobs because you need to make more money?" I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that question straddles the inappropriae.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group.

A manager from a retail clothing store had been contacted by a recruiter looking for qualified individuals for a store management position. The manager called me as the recruiter was needing to hire quickly. I did an online search and found the job posted on a job board. I applied and completed online assessments. After the assessments I was asked to pick an interview time. I received an email from CMRG, thanking me for scheduling my interview. I was contacted by a client relationship manager from Headway Workforce who conducted the phone interview. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a great interview with many questions on management concepts and how I applied them, and I was asked to provide examples. At the end of the interview I was told that the District Manager would contact me as that DM would be in town the current week and their search was critical. I was provided with the name of the DM and thanked,and asked to complete the online profile with CMRG, as well as submit my interest to the CMRG job posting. I received a 'Thank You' email from Headway confirming that the named DM would be contacting me and the link for CMRG. While there were jobs for that location, there was not a posting for store manager. I did submit my resume and cover letter to another posting to that location so that my information would be available for them to view in case there was a glitch. I have worked for a company that converted to an electronic application process and I have seen a couple of glitches before. I sent a return email to Headway, thanking them for the interview and notifying them of the absent job posting on CMRG. It has been over two weeks and I have not been contacted, nor was my email responded to. Too bad as they may have lost a valuable asset.

Interview Questions
    • Very good and indepth interview. Best question: How do I evaulate performance and how do I correct underperformers?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in July 2012.

First interview was an initial phone interview done by an outsourced company which asked questions on management processes. Second interview was done by the District Manager outside a local Starbucks. Don't know why interview was not held at the store. I was told a decision was to be made by the end of the week. The third interview was supposedly done by a Regional manager but didn't get to that step.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite designer? (Asked by the District Manager)   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Casual Male Retail Group in March 2010.

This was one of the most lengthy hiring processes I had ever been through. I had 2 interviews with the Staffing Agency that pre screened the applicants to see if they are qualified enough to move forward to an interview with the District Manager. Once you pass the interview with the DM you will have to do a phone interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of how your communication skills have helped you be more successful.   Answer Question

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!