Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc.

www.cataldoambulance.com
Unclaimed Profile

Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc.

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. (Malden, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Word of advice: Don't make any other plans on interview day, expect to be there nearly all day First is a written exam (easy if you did well on the NREMT written exam), then a map reading test (If you can follow along while watching Dora the Explorer, you'll be fine), they will call groups of you out for a practical exam (sort of like the NREMT practical but shorter) and more informal. If you have passed all 3 parts, you go for an interview, very relaxed, asking things about yourself and how well you work with others. I heard back in 2 days but the interviewer basically hinted that I got the job after the interview. Come back for a week long test of your ability to sit still in a chair and appear attentive. Watch informational videos for 8-9 hours a day (4 days long, 5 days for medics I believe). Warning: This part was the most difficult part for me, I must've slapped myself over 100 times to stay awake. Then if you're done all that, the real test begins, FTO shifts. My advice is to study up a bit before going into the FTO shift (check out how operations work and especially pay attention to how the PCR program works as the whole of EMS depends on it), I didn't and came in looking like a raccoon on stilts, if you have a great FTO, you'll need to study less, but if your luck is as good as mine, you'll get an FTO that expects you to know exactly how the PCR program works and won't tell you that you don't have to go through the entire body survey during a routine transfer. If you have the FTO shift in the minivan style truck, you're in luck and you'll be able to hear the FTO, but if you're like me and get into a box truck, expect to hear fragments of sentences, little bits of radio information, and be expected to jump out of the truck when you arrive on scene and go into action. Patience and clear-headedness are my advice for surviving FTO shifts. Once you've completed your 80 hours of FTOing, you're clear and can work w/o incident ;) Good luck comrades!

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. (Malden, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about going to a pre-hire assessment that consisted of a map reading test, multiple choice test consisting of basic emt knowledge, 3 clinical stations (medical assessment, adult cpr, infant/child cpr), and then they also have you interview during this time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They sent me an email with the job offer and the hourly pay. And there was a week long orientation

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. (Malden, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Company usually hosts a job fair but also has an online application process. I participated in the job fair so can.t add any info on the online process. Interview consisted of meeting with several senior members of management then also meeting with HR. We then took a pre hire exam which involved a written exam testing clinical knowledge and map reading, a protocol exam and then several practical skill stations.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on the written exam were pretty in depth   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation for new medics as its a flat rate but with experience I would imagine you can negotiate a better rate