Catalent Pharma

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

GOLD Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catalent Pharma in October 2014.

I had been asked for an On Campus Interview after speaking to Catalent at a Career Fair.

I was interviewed by two current GOLD Associates. They both seemed very exhausted and disinterested in what I had to say. They didn't even have my resume on hand which gave me the impression they didn't do their homework or even know who I am. Luckily, I had copies of my resume with me.

The questions were fairly easy, mostly behavioral. So I talked about experiences that expressed how I dealt with certain situations and showcased my leadership skills.It was mostly one interviewer that asked the questions. The other one seemed to stare of into space.

When it was my turn to ask them questions, they kept listing all the responsibilities they had to do and how challenging it was. I have no problem with that and I appreciate their candid honesty but it came off in a very unappealing way. It just seemed like they lacked passion in what they do which is a turn off when you're trying to make the interviewee interested in the job. At some point, I asked them a question regarding how this helps their long term career and they had a lot of trouble answering it.

Overall, I didn't like the way they represented themselves of the company. A week and a half later, I got an email saying that I didn't make it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize your workload?
      How do you deal with difficult communication with coworkers?
        Answer Question

Material Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catalent Pharma.

Hired from within. Position opened. Applied. Interviewed. Got offer. Accepted. Interview was with two managers asking questions. I gave them some background on my current duties and some of my past work experience. They were impressed with my ability to express myself in a way that was concise and well read.

no negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Catalent Pharma.

Applied online - had phone interview, followed by in-person interview -- responsiveness was a bit weak - they did offer specific feedback on my interview experience which was helpful and insightful

Supply Chain Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catalent Pharma in March 2014.

Contacted through recruiter on LinkedIn then initial phone interview with HR. Skype interview with two more people before interviewing on site. On site interview lasted 6 hours and met with 8 people. It seemed everyone was up front and honest about what was expected and what issues were being faced. I got the impression that they interviewed many candidates but couldn't find the right fit. One thing that stuck with me that I realized after the interview was that I don't think anyone smiled or looked like they had a good time while at work. I thought it was great that I was able to meet and be interviewed by some of the employees that report into the position. Usually direct reports are not part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that really stood out. Standard interview questions. Not many of the typical questions like give me an example of...or tell me about a time... More conversation questions to gauge fit.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Phone interview with two individuals. They both explained their roles in the company, their background and gave a great explanation of what the job entails. They were also welcoming to any questions or concerns I may have had.

Lead Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catalent Pharma.

Interviews are weak , they look at your dress more then anything,questions are simple.basic

Project Manager Interview

Very simple interview

Catalent GOLD Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catalent Pharma.

There are different levels of interviews for this position. Recruiting usually takes place at Career fairs as they target new graduates.I went through 3 phases of the interviewing process, at the end of the phone interview before the on site interview I requested information regarding salary and education levels which led to my cut off from the on site interview as I would require a higher salary based on education level. The interviews are geared towards finding out managerial capabilities, interpersonal skills as well as willingness to travel.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a teamplayer or a person that likes to take charge?   View Answer

GOLD Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catalent Pharma.

On campus interview - behavioral, mostly focusing on leadership experience
    Not technical at all
    Had a current GOLD member and the staff member who oversees the program
    Fun people, really willing to talk about the company
    Not very long
    People that make it past this stage go to the company headquarters to visit

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you worked with someone difficult?   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Applied at university career fair. Received phone call a few days later asking for an on-campus follow-up interview. I was interviewed by two people - the rep I spoke to at the fair and a senior director. The interview itself wasn't too bad. They were friendly and it was very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more or less straight-forward. Probably the "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question