Catalina Marketing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in September 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, next was a phonne interview with recruiter and HR representative. HR then set up a one on one interview with the dept manager. Next step was an interview with the entire department in groups of 2-3. Brutal, all day process with two other candidates -we just kept switching interview rooms. Eventually, met with entire department.

Negotiation Details – Short, received an offer letter within a week of 2nd interview

Senior Test Lead Interview

Senior Test Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview then a face to face for my personal interview. In the interviews I have been as the hiring manager, there is no rhyme or reason - people who are not qualified in a hiring postiion are allowed to conduct the interviews and make hiring decisions

Interview Question – the interview was so vanilla, there was no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – that was done via the contracting firm.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Senior Executive Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via LinkedIn, recruiter contacted me, met with recruiter first, then came in for next round of interviews

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any real difficult questions, I met the work criteria and have been doing this type of work for years   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in May 2009.

Interview Details – Process was great, hiring manager very personable. Very accurate explaining job and people, environment, culture at the time. Only had 1 interview and got a call within 2 weeks for an offer. First 2 weeks training was ok, but not realistic when it came time to actually start work. Training could have been much better, everything had to be learned on the job which was difficult since the learning curve is no less than 6 months.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
Tampa, FL

Interviewed at Catalina Marketing

Interview Details – Every Recruiter in Tampa is trying to hire for Catalina.

Unfortunately, the Salary is ridiculous. It is insulting - even though the Bonus is reasonable.

They even had the Audacity to lower it!

Interview Question – No Interview. Unreasonable Salary!   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via the company website and was contacted by a recruiter who was very nice and professional. Shortly thereafter, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager.

About a week later, I was contacted once again by the recruiter and Catalina offered to fly me to St. Pete to interview with the team. I was out of state and looking to relocate. I was so impressed with the fact that the company was willing to pay the additional cost to find good talent.

I went to St, Pete and had the opportunity to meet with 6-7 people. The entire group was very nice, welcoming and professional. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – I was asked a variety of questions from how to handle specific scenarios with co-workers to agile processes and tools used. There were no questions that I considered difficult but that is probably because this is what I have been doing for quite some time. I was asked how/when I find time to do documentation if I am in back to back meetings all day.   View Answer

IT Technician Interview

IT Technician
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted through a recruiter for the position. My first contact with Catalina Marketing was during my first phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was a little nontraditional; it was more of a panel with three different section managers asking various technical questions to see where I was best suited. Finally I went to each section and did a one-on-one interview with a selected team member.
   The atmosphere of the offices and the interviews were very relaxed. The people were very nice and it seemed like an excellent place to work. The work spaces were a little traditional for a marketing company though.

Interview Question – The interview questions where very traditionally, no real curve balls. The difficulty came with technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I simply had a better opportunity else where. It was nothing on the company's side.

Very Easy Interview

Software Quality Analyst Interview

Software Quality Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in February 2013.

Interview Details – The online application process was very easy to follow, the H.R. person was very professional and easy to work with.

Interview Question – How would you answer: do you even know you are talking to the director of SQA?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Interview Details – Had 5 different interviews with Catalina ppl for an on-site position before i met the client.

Interview Question – Questions are very job related. You will get a good picture of your responsibilities and expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone contact by Human Resources to discuss position and salary requirements. If acceptable, the candidate is called in for a face-to-face interview with 3-5 employees in a 1-1 interview.

The results are compared and if favorable, the candidate's references are checked. Drug test are mandatory and personality tests are administered.

Interview Question – What is my favorite movie?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Catalina Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Catalina Marketing interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Catalina Marketing employees and interview candidates.