Catalina Marketing

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in August 2014.

I applied through internal employee and the process took about 10 days.

Interview Details – Got an email for an on-site interview. It was a 2 hour interview. I met 3 senior directors for 30~45 min respectively.

Interview Question – Why Catalina Marketing? What was your favorite course at school? Why we have to select you among all other candidates? What is your weakness?

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how many STOP signs are there in New Jersey.   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

interviewed at Catalina Marketing in January 2012.

Initially contacted about two weeks after submission. I interviewed with 3 different hiring managers at once. It was a pretty standard interview to discuss more about me and the position, strengths and weaknesses, my prior work and educational experience, etc. I was called back after about a month with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay organized? Deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Had two separate meetings/interviews, met for the first time to review position, background on company, background on me as the applicant. Second meeting was quick review and offer was presented at end.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty routine/basic with experience, how to apply it to this position, looking toward future.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed, offered what I was looking for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in September 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter, next was a phonne interview with recruiter and HR representative. HR then set up a one on one interview with the dept manager. Next step was an interview with the entire department in groups of 2-3. Brutal, all day process with two other candidates -we just kept switching interview rooms. Eventually, met with entire department.

Short, received an offer letter within a week of 2nd interview

Senior Test Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

I had a phone interview then a face to face for my personal interview. In the interviews I have been as the hiring manager, there is no rhyme or reason - people who are not qualified in a hiring postiion are allowed to conduct the interviews and make hiring decisions

Interview Questions
    • the interview was so vanilla, there was no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question
    that was done via the contracting firm.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

Initially contacted via LinkedIn, recruiter contacted me, met with recruiter first, then came in for next round of interviews

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any real difficult questions, I met the work criteria and have been doing this type of work for years   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in May 2009.

Process was great, hiring manager very personable. Very accurate explaining job and people, environment, culture at the time. Only had 1 interview and got a call within 2 weeks for an offer. First 2 weeks training was ok, but not realistic when it came time to actually start work. Training could have been much better, everything had to be learned on the job which was difficult since the learning curve is no less than 6 months.

No negotiation at all

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Every Recruiter in Tampa is trying to hire for Catalina.

Unfortunately, the Salary is ridiculous. It is insulting - even though the Bonus is reasonable.

They even had the Audacity to lower it!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing.

I applied for the position via the company website and was contacted by a recruiter who was very nice and professional. Shortly thereafter, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager.

About a week later, I was contacted once again by the recruiter and Catalina offered to fly me to St. Pete to interview with the team. I was out of state and looking to relocate. I was so impressed with the fact that the company was willing to pay the additional cost to find good talent.

I went to St, Pete and had the opportunity to meet with 6-7 people. The entire group was very nice, welcoming and professional. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a variety of questions from how to handle specific scenarios with co-workers to agile processes and tools used. There were no questions that I considered difficult but that is probably because this is what I have been doing for quite some time. I was asked how/when I find time to do documentation if I am in back to back meetings all day.   View Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catalina Marketing in October 2012.

I was initially contacted through a recruiter for the position. My first contact with Catalina Marketing was during my first phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was a little nontraditional; it was more of a panel with three different section managers asking various technical questions to see where I was best suited. Finally I went to each section and did a one-on-one interview with a selected team member.
       The atmosphere of the offices and the interviews were very relaxed. The people were very nice and it seemed like an excellent place to work. The work spaces were a little traditional for a marketing company though.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where very traditionally, no real curve balls. The difficulty came with technical questions.   Answer Question

I simply had a better opportunity else where. It was nothing on the company's side.

Worked for Catalina Marketing? Contribute to the Community!