Catamaran

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.5

Reporting & Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Catamaran.

No call at the scheduled time! then I emailed her to check, she said she put a wrong date on her calendar.......

Re-scheduled and the call last 5 mins, told me no sponsorship on H1b and bye-bye...(My application indicated that I needs H1b transferring)......

Waste of a week with this company. Very disappointed with this company and its HR.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Catamaran.

I got an email in less than a week to set a phone interview. It went great! The questions asked were not complicated, What do you know about Catamaran? What were your task at your previous jobs? Will followup with me sometime next week. I than received an email for an interview with them in person. The questions asked were mostly just Tell me about at time when you had a difficult customer and how did you deal with them? Why should we hire you? Situational questions.

I received a call within a week that I got the job! But they couldn't tell me what my pay was and said will get back to me on that. The process was very long.
    Overall, it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your ways to help a customer   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Catamaran in January 2015.

Received a call from their internal recruiter, and the following week met with 3 people which consisted of the department head, hiring manager, and another manager in the department who works closely with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Two of the interviewers were conversational and we discussed my background and the company's background and ended up covering all pertinent topics in that manner. The third was more textbook with the where do you see yourself in 5 years questions.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Phone interview - they asked me a few things about why I would be qualified for the position very quickly. It was obviously just a recruiter they hired - which turned me off quickly along with their terrible reviews they have on Glassdoor.com .. I let them know that I wasn't interested after all, too risky to leave my job for one that 90% of the past and current employees didn't like.

Interview Questions
    • None...very easy standard questions - which seemed sketchy...like they were just ready to fill the position with whoever and replace you quickly if they didn't like you.   Answer Question

Bad Reviews.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

how will u plan a project, what is ur rate, can u travel so far, you will be writing SR, will you be present daily, some more questions which were general in a way

yes, wonderfully

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catamaran.

Phone interview followed by on site interview. Questions largely consisted of behavioral type questions along with a few fit questions as well. Had three thirty minute interviews, met with leaders from different areas of the finance team. Nothing too unexpected, the people there were very nice and it was a positive experience overall.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catamaran.

2 step interview. First phone screen by recruiter then for second one I was interviewed by a pharmacist. Lasted about 15 minutes. About 3 to 5 behavorial questions. Easy. Peasy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavorial questions... tell me about a time when...
      what would you do if...

Answer Question
    An outside recruiter took care of negotiations. I was offered what I asked for.

Prior Authorization Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Catamaran in September 2014.

I applied through the company's job portal for a position, and after a couple of weeks, I heard from a recruiter via e-mail. They were interested in starting the interview process at that time. We set up a phone interview, which was very straightforward.

The next week, I had the phone interview, which felt more like a pre-screening. It was more a general discussion of expectations and the like. After a couple days, I heard back from the same recruiter to schedule a one-on-one interview with the department manager.

The formal interview was very much a conversation than anything else, which I personally found more pleasant than a q&a styled interview. We discussed work history, my takes on leadership, career goals, and even potential start dates. The whole thing ran right around an hour, which was a good amount of time do cover all the needed talking points.

I did receive word that the company had chosen to go in another direction after another couple of weeks once they had concluded their interviewing process, from the same company. While I did not mind that it came via email, I would certainly have preferred for that to be a phone call at least.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real challenging or unanticipated questions - everything seemed appropriate for the position, as well as my current employment status.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catamaran.

Having my 3rd interview in a few days and possibly a fourth. So far experience has been pleasant. They don't ask the usual interview questions so come prepared knowing your resume inside out and about the company. I just don't like the drawn out process. I have been interviewing for a month.

Pay commensurate with experience

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Catamaran in June 2014.

I applied online and received a call 3 weeks later. I had 3 phone interviews with 3 different people before being asked to come to the office for an in-person interview with the person who would be managing me. The whole interview process took a while, but Catamaran was very respectful of my current work schedule and was willing to work around my existing commitments. I received an offer 3 business days after the in-person interview. An unusual process to be aware of: Catamaran makes an offer before doing the background check, so you might not want to give notice at your current employer until you're certain you passed their background. There is also a drug/substance abuse test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you disagreed with your supervisor.
      How do you handle competing priorities?
      Are you comfortable doing project management along with analysis?
      I was also given a business scenario and asked how to would address the issue.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available, but the benefits are very good and the salary was fair.