Catapult Systems

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter by phone to discuss my resume that was submitted by an employee.
We discussed the usual things like present employment, was I interested in other opportunities. We also got into my qualifications and where I wanted my career to go.
At the end of the call we agreed that I would speak with a technical lead to further discuss my technical qualifications.
Several days later I spoke with one of the consulting team leads.
I never heard back from them after that.

Red flag #1: The technical interview turned into a competition of who knew more about technology, which I of course had to lose or otherwise jeopardize retaliation by the technical interviewer.
Red flag #2: No follow up or contact after technical interview, not even a good luck. I assume that my feedback was negative from the technical lead. Most companies will provide you with feedback on areas where they feel you need to improve but that wasn't the case here so maybe it wasn't negative feedback from the technical interview.
Red flag #3: The company was purchased in late 2013 by a Chinese company.

Interview Question – All of the technical questions were related to Microsoft technologies. Since they only deliver Microsoft solutions that might make sense to some but understanding the competitors technologies, good and bad, is also as important when having conversations with customers regarding solutions.

Business questions were typical questions such as how would you handle a customer in different types of scenarios.

There wasn't anything difficult about any of the questions.
  Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catapult Systems.

Interview Details – Had six interviews with different people, discussing my experience, the company etc. Pretty standard interview process, nothing to complicated. They just do a proper screening of the applicant to see if the skills are a match, and if the individual will be a cultural fit for the organization

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult about the interview process, just takes a long time to get done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to change vacation, they were willing to discuss my salary and they adjusted the original offer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contact with recruiter, phone screen, multiple visits for face to face

Interview Question – I was asked to review my previous bosses and ask for their strength or weaknesses.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone calls to get a feel for who I was
One phone technical interview which was medium level with moderate detailed questions
Personal interview with GM Recruiter and Delivery Manager
Offer to hire

Interview Question – Detailed questions on content types in SharePoint   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very brief and very nice people

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process. Borderline stressful. But, this is needed in this line of work. This makes it less likely that an undeserving consultant will get the job.

Interview Question – Digging into childhood and repetitive questions about experience.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Catapult Systems in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very rigorous - insures you are multidisciplinary and if the interviewer believes you to be below the top 10% in the industry - pointless.

Interview Question – There will be many - interpersonal and technical. You can't prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With articulate professionals like those found at Catpult negotiation is comfortable and equal.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process can be pretty lengthy but it's what's appropriate for the company. They go through the initial screening by the recruiter, then it's a phone tech screening and it ends with a series of 2-3 onsite interviews which can be a mix of technical/non-technical interviewers.

Interview Question – high level design/approach questions are what's askedly. Also, you would be asked what blogs/books you like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was smooth. they are very straight forward.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

SharePoint Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catapult Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Recruiting Manager call
2. Hiring Manager Call-30 mins- Questions about background
3. Technical Interview-45 mins- basic questions about sharepoint
4. On-site interview- 1 hr- Behavioral interview
Extended opportunity the same day.

Interview Question – All the questions were very basic but the company doesn't seem to be reliable from what I heard from the market and my friends   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Heard that company doesn't keep employees for long-term and are very unreliable if you are expecting a sponsorship from them

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems.

Interview Details – 1.Recruiter Screen
2. Technical 1 hour phone interview
3. In person 1 hour interview with manager
4. SIDS interview 1-2 hours

Interview Question – What is the difference between a rule and a monitor?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 30k less than what I was making.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catapult Systems.

Interview Details – The process is a detailed one. The candidate is assessed on both technical and aptitude abilities. This proves to be able to determine one's ability to operate as a consultant and be able to learn at the rate consultants need to be able to learn at.

Interview Question – Theoretical questions about how to problem solve an insolvable situation. Its difficult to answer which is by design, but its hard to determine how much value this gives, if answers for the most part are correct.   Answer Question

Worked for Catapult Systems? Contribute to the Community!