Caterpillar Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Targeted selection. Very simple questions. Had to do a resume presentation before a panel interview followed by 3 one on one interviews. This was followed by a drug test. I received a call the same day saying I passed the selection process and an offer would follow shortly. Whole process took about a year but I was in college at the time.

Interview Questions

• Very basic "tell me about a time" interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

All questions were situation based. Interviewers were extremely friendly and personable and made me feel very comfortable while going through the process. They ask tough questions, but give you time to think through you answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to get a peer to cooperate.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I am a part of the NABA student chapter at my university. I went to the annual NABA regional student conference in Atlanta, GA. Caterpillar was there. I was selected for an interview, and did my first interview there. I passed on and had a second phone interview the next week. I was selected for an INTERNSHIP.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you cite specific examples of what YOU did, how YOU lead a project. Use I frequently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None- but I REALLY like the pay for a graduate accounting student in my 2nd year (amazing competitive pay- highest pay I have had)

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

They were nice enough to pay all the expenses for two days in Peoria, and provided all meals. The interview itself was a pretty arduous experience: 30-minute resume presentation, followed by three 1-hour interviews with executives, so in essence a nearly 4-hour interview. The only unnerving part was that two of the CAT employees (not the three interviewers) asked me who I was voting for. When I tried to avoid the subject, they proceeded to explain how great it would be if their candidate won in a landslide victory. That's not really kosher, right?

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

A third party recruiter contacted me after finding my resume on Monster. She sent my resume to Caterpillar. They then had me apply to the position online. The next week they scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The Caterpillar representitive called me back about an hour later to schedule a face to face interview. They paid for everything including the flight, hotel etcetera. They took me out to dinner the night before at a nice restaurant and paid for breakfast and lunch the next day at their corporate cafeteria. The interview process started at 8:00. i was required to give a short presentation on my resume. This was followed with three consecutive hour long interviews, lunch, a drug test, and then a tour of one of the plants. At the end of the day you sit down for your final interview with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my case no negogiation was required. I was satisfied with their initial offer. It was very generous considering the cost of living in central illinois with an exceptional benefits package. The total package was very competitive with my offers in areas with a much higher cost of living.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The questions asked are very standard and it's easy to inderstand. The interviewees are very nice and friendly.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

STAR FOMAT.
    Tell me of a situation where you led a team and one member of your team did not get along with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2011.

Interview

I was accepted for an interview after having applied online for an internship position. The interview consisted of two 1 on 1 half hour interviews back to back. Every question they asked were basic behavioral questions like "tell me a time when you failed, and how did you respond" which are not that difficult if you do a little preparation beforehand, and review your own recent experiences. However, some questions you might not have specific examples for which is okay, but they just want to see how you can handle yourself in that situation. I was asked maybe a total of 8 behavioral questions, a couple of which I didn't have specific examples for, and was given time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A week after my interview I received a phone call offering me a position, and they emailed me all the details and I accepted. If you receive an offer I would definitely take it. Being accepted by such a big name like Caterpillar is definitely a great career move since having CAT on your resume is invaluable. Besides, they offer competitive pay and benefits so there really is no reason not to accept.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Upon arrival and after viewing the safety video for the location, I met my first interviewer. I was given a tour of the facility and an interview agenda. Then I met with 3 more individuals to be interviewed 1:1 in half hour segments. Then there was another half hour interview and wrap up with 2 more individuals. The interview consisted of discussion about past work experiences and performance with specific examples as well as discussion of what I would like to see myself doing if employed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to work on a team and a team member did not carry their weight. How did you deal with the situation and/or the team member?   Answer Question