Caterpillar

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

Interview Details – Their hiring process involved three interviews with different levels of accountants within the organization. It was a typical scenario based questions interview with nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Campus career fair is a must, then a series of two back to back, behavioral based interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were behavior based. As for any interview, be sure to have enough questions to ask at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They base intern pay off how much college completion.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – I got in through campus recruiting. They came in and did the first round - 2 30-min interviews back to back. I got the offer soon afterwards.

Interview Question – Don't remember - it wasn't too bad. behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Interviewed during Spring semester. It was through on campus recruiting following the campus career fair. It consisted of one round of interviews on campus, with 30 minute interviews with two accounting employees. The process was very open, positive and engaging. Both interviewers were kind and seemed genuinely interested in my personal goals and qualifications.

Interview Question – No difficult questions stand out. Mostly behavioral questions - they expect good examples and evaluate based on the STAR method.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – two interviews, one with accounting manager, and another with accounting supervisor

Interview Question – tell me about your most difficult working relationship and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2012.

Interview Details – Gave on campus interview. easy process. back 2 back 2 interviews of 30 minutes..
All behavioral .

Interview Question – None, Look up star response method for behavioral question.. you should be able to answer questions regarding customer service, leadership , how you work in group and how you have solved problems..make sure you define the problem, explain what did u do and what was the result..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was excited to work for CAT .. just accepted the offer no negotiations..

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2, one on one interviews. Each lasted half an hour long. The interviews were very rushed for some reason, although it seemed like everything was on time. All behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a project you led, but had someone else try to take the leadership position.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – I had two 1:1 interviews. Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Question – Why are you the best for this postion?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview process. Back to Back phone interviews and received offer 30 minutes later. I do not think this type of process is typical however. They might have been a specific need for that period

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a project that changed course in the middle of it? How did you react to this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation for an intern. Salary is based on year in school

Accounting Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two separate 1 on 1 interviews that lasted around thirty minutes each. The interviewers were very personable which put me at ease during the process. They both used behavioral interview questions about working in a team, demonstrating leadership, dealing with customers, and devising and implementing a plan to complete a project.

Interview Question – Tell me a time in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar Accounting Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees and interview candidates.