Caterpillar

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College Student Practicum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar in April 2014.

Two persons interviewed and behavior questions only. All questions are STAR style. People are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • When do you think you behaved over-qualified or under-qualified?   Answer Question

Summer Intern FEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2013.

Career Fair, then on-site interview at Research Park

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to sell something?   View Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

I received an email where they told me that they would offer an information session. The manager kindly showed me around the office and we briefly talked about what kind of structural analysis they do and whether or not my interest agrees with theirs. They said they would contact me in two weeks, but they never did. They should have reply me with a yes or no so that the matter can be settled sooner.

Interview Questions
    • There's no question yet, but one of the manager assumed that I'm familiar with various acronyms. It was a little confusing.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in May 2012.

There are only behavioral questions in the interview. When have you gone beyond the call of duty? Tell me a time when you were a leader? Tell me about a time where you had somebody difficult to work with in a group and how did you handle the situation? Pretty basic/expected stuff. Having hands on experience and or design experience would definitely help to get this internship.

Interview Questions
    • They are all behavior based. If you look up behavioral questions online you should be fine as long as you prepare.   Answer Question

Materials Team Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in April 2010.

The office administrator called and e-mailed me after I applied for the position. She was very easy to talk to and let me pick when the time of the interview. The actual interview last a little over an hour. It consisted of many behavioral questions. Such as, "name a time you used a concept you learned in the classroom and later applied it to solve a problem in real life. I wish there were more technical questions about engineering fundamentals. One of the two interviewers asked a couple quick technical questions at the very end but it maybe accounted for 5% of the interview. Overall, the interviewers were very respectful and attentive.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you used a concept learned in the classroom to solve a problem in the real world.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond in a class.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, and I would not recommend attempting it. The per hour compensation is the same for all interns, and do not seem them bending it for anyone.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2010.

I was interviewed by two different caterpillar recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in a group when your idea was up for contest against someone else's idea. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2008.

Interview process consisted of two one hour behavioral based interviews. Some of the questions between the two interviews were essentially the same just reworded. They were looking for different answers between the two interviews which was somewhat difficult, however, i used a couple of the same answers and had no problem. Questions were difficult but there is really no right or wrong answer. Interviewers were both easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were unsuccessful in getting someone to follow your lead.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to juggle several different tasks at one time. Tell me how you organized and accomplished everything.   Answer Question