Caterpillar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 25, 2015

3.3

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through school. Got invited to a meet and greet and interview. All behavioral questions star format. Two half hours interviews with two different people. Interviewers were really nice and were trying to sell you on Peoria.

Interview Questions

They only offered me a position in fall, and I had school.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with plant management. I was referred by a third party recruiter. The recruiter already completed screening process. The plant manager had to attend some other meeting so a senior member of plant management asked questions. Not too many questions on technical / engineering. It was a phone interview 20-25 minutes. Over all it was a good interview process.

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Cat was recruiting on campus, I went to an informational session, then applied through my schools career website. I got a chance to sign up as an alternate interviewee. The interview consisted of some behavioral questions, it was a fairly short 1 on 1 interview due to the fact many candidates were being interviewed at the same times and all in one day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Nice people. Interviewed by HR, Super, 2 Team leads. 1 hour on Software fundamentals ... know your stuff. This was for a contract-to-hire position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Just long and inclusive of several software areas related to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted contract. Never offered a permanent position. Left after 1 year.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

All behavioral interview questions, nothing else

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision quickly   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to provide customer service   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

STAR FOMAT.
    Tell me of a situation where you led a team and one member of your team did not get along with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Morton Grove, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Submittal of resume took a long time for review. Interview process was conducted by three people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Lead Logistics Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

Submit a skills matrix as well as a resume. Be patient, the entire process could take a few months from the initial submission, then phone interview, thorough background check including birth certificate and transcripts of grades. Plan an all day interview process which will include a facility tour, multiple interviews, and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with an order from your superior. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary as well as vacation time.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewd at campus then 3 interview at company site. All STAR question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation possible