Caterpillar

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2010.

Interview Details – Cat uses Targeted Selection (behavioral based). I had three panel interview after being screened on the phone and talking with reps at campus career events. Just google Targeted Selection and you'll know all the potential questions.

They take a LONG time to get back to you. I had two offers before I heard from Cat. Not my top choice anyway, but doesn't speak well to their pitch about how 'fast paced' the work is when they can't even make a simple choice about a graduate hire in less than a month??

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything unexpected. It's the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer before Cat got back to me. Really old-school company. Products are cool, I guess, but the industry is dated. Peoria, Illinois is not a "youth-friendly" city. Great place to come back and raise a family, but not very interesting right out of college.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!