Caterpillar Graduate Program Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graduate Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in April 2010.

Cat uses Targeted Selection (behavioral based). I had three panel interview after being screened on the phone and talking with reps at campus career events. Just google Targeted Selection and you'll know all the potential questions.

They take a LONG time to get back to you. I had two offers before I heard from Cat. Not my top choice anyway, but doesn't speak well to their pitch about how 'fast paced' the work is when they can't even make a simple choice about a graduate hire in less than a month??

Interview Questions
  • There really wasn't anything unexpected. It's the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Got another offer before Cat got back to me. Really old-school company. Products are cool, I guess, but the industry is dated. Peoria, Illinois is not a "youth-friendly" city. Great place to come back and raise a family, but not very interesting right out of college.