Caterpillar Interview Questions in Illinois

Updated Sep 11, 2014

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Process Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Began with email communication with human resources. This was followed by a phone interview. There was then a first and second interview about 3 weeks apart. Overall a great process as they always kept me informed on the status.

Interview Questions
    • If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?   Answer Question

Global Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.

Interview was quick and in depth. Hiring manager asked about my past job experience and what qualities I have that would work well in this job. I was also asked about my individual characteristics that would make me a good fit for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when I did not work well with someone and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Apply online after career fair and had a face to face interview at my school 3 days later. Heard back with an email offer within 2 months. Was required to maintain a certain GPA until the start of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult problem or situation you were faced with and how you solved it.   Answer Question

College Student Practicum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2014.

Two persons interviewed and behavior questions only. All questions are STAR style. People are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • When do you think you behaved over-qualified or under-qualified?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2011.

Panel of 3 hiring managers asked about 30 minutes or so of questions. It was mostly behavioral, STAR questions and a few questions about what technologies I was familiar with. Just come up with a few situations, especially difficult, from your past experiences and consider how you handled them and took accountability while also showcasing your technical abilities and how you satisfy the job requirements. It seemed like they had already pretty much decided to hire me when I arrived. I received a tour and drug screening on-site just prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty easy questions about my limited past professional experience since I was a college recruit.   Answer Question
    It was a very competitive offer for someone straight out of college. I did not even consider negotiation at the time.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2010.

Single phone interview due to my remote location. Interviewed by two people. Both were very knowledgeable and understood the job requirements. Described the responsibilities and expectations of the position accurately. Spent time discussing how I would interact with the project team and asked for examples of my presentation and training skills and background. Asked questions that were directly related to my ability to execute the technical portion of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any. All questions were directly related to the job description.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was minimal once it was determined that I fit the requirements. This was a contract position. Negotiation was focused on the minimum acceptable to close the deal for both parties.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

Their hiring process involved three interviews with different levels of accountants within the organization. It was a typical scenario based questions interview with nothing unexpected.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Originally interviewed at college job fair. Received a call back and interviewed on site. All questions were targeted selection situational questions. Interviewed with 3 different managers for 3 different jobs that were available within the packaging group.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were not equipped to complete a task and how you went about doing so.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Summer Intern FEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2013.

Career Fair, then on-site interview at Research Park

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to sell something?   View Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!