Caterpillar Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Just a single phone interview of two 30 minute sessions, they said right away that it would be the only round as well. In the interview they asked mostly behavioral questions, about 6 or 7 for each 30 minute session. Each 30 minute session had a different interviewer and they asked nearly identical questions but you were supposed to come up with different situations to answer the similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you inspired someone to work harder.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview for an IT security position was relatively relaxed. They asked about my experience running my home malware lab and a few other things on my resume. Very easy to talk to, no weird "big corporation" questions. They won't hire you if your GPA is below 3.0 though. My offer was rescinded after I told them my GPA>

Interview Questions

• Tell us about "xyz" on your resume. Then they'll ask you questions about your relevant experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

It was pretty easy, I interviewed with a recruiter on campus. A series of two interview on one day/ Week later got an offer letter from the HR. The HR people are really nice else well as the other people that work there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

First spoke with Caterpillar at the Internship Fair at my school. Applied online for the position and was contacted about an on-campus interview that week. The process consisted of two 30 minute interviews. All of the questions were behavioral and they expect that you follow the S.T.A.R. approach.

Interview Questions

• What would you say has been your biggest challenge so far?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The process that was done in this situation was attending a career fair, then after dropping off a resume I had online application process to go through, then next step is a formal interview with the company representatives. The online process is a little lengthy, but is not to bad.

Interview Questions

• Name Multiple reasons why you choose to talk with Caterpillar.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career website, 2-round interview. First is behavioral and second is behavioral and technical. This was an engineering consulting company looking for an mechanical engineer intern for one of their main customer Cat. 1st round HR from consulting company gave me a call and ask some general behavior question. 2nd round a group manager from Cat gave me a screen interview. Questions are standards. Just prepare something with Pro/E and analysis experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Job fair, invited to interview three days later. Interviewed twice with two different people on the same day. The whole interview process lasted an hour and a half and was given a tour the next day. Notification of job offer next day. Contacted by HR within three days of interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you persuaded a team member to agree to your idea and whether it worked or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2014.

Interview

Short phone screen with HR. Two one hour interviews with two different managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back for an interview maybe a month later. They recruit for internships mainly out of the midwest I found out once I got there so my experience was fairly different than other interns. The interview was a hour long behavioral question based interview. They answer questions about the company. Overall, it was pretty easy. They want to you respond in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you saw an unsafe situation and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

After applying for the position I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Originally it was supposed to be two thirty-minute interviews, with both the direct supervisor for the internship position, as well as his manager, but for convenience it turned into an hour-long interview with both of them at the same time. They asked all behavioral questions, fairly common and nothing too difficult. Then there were about 20 minutes for my questions. I was contacted within 2 weeks for an offer.