Caterpillar

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2014.

Interview Details – Short phone screen with HR. Two one hour interviews with two different managers.

Interview Question – No technical, all behavioral.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Job fair, invited to interview three days later. Interviewed twice with two different people on the same day. The whole interview process lasted an hour and a half and was given a tour the next day. Notification of job offer next day. Contacted by HR within three days of interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you persuaded a team member to agree to your idea and whether it worked or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details – After applying for the position I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Originally it was supposed to be two thirty-minute interviews, with both the direct supervisor for the internship position, as well as his manager, but for convenience it turned into an hour-long interview with both of them at the same time. They asked all behavioral questions, fairly common and nothing too difficult. Then there were about 20 minutes for my questions. I was contacted within 2 weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging class   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for an intern is relatively quick. It is a behavioral interview in person followed by a behavioral interview on the phone. Each interview is approximately 30 minutes in length.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed   View Answer

Houghton, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted on short notice following a college career fair.
2 1-hour long interviews were conducted and I was notified of my offer within 2 weeks.
I had 1 week to accept my offer and schedule a drug test (urine sample).

Interview Question – They followed the STAR (Situation-Task-Action-Response) Interview style - be ready to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Interview Details – I went to my college career fair and i spoke with the company representative. She told me about the coop/ internship opportunity they have at caterpillar. She asked of my interest and what are my career goals. After a week, i got an email to set up a one hour interview with them. On the day of the interview, I was first interview by a techical company representative for thirty minutes. She asked me question about my coursework and technical skills. The second half of the interview is with a HR company representative. She asked me alot of behavorial questions. I will definitely say i struggled with the behavioral question My advice for interviewees especially with technical background is to well prepared for behavioral questions. The interviewers were nice because they laughed to my jokes.

Interview Question – Tell me about an important decision you have made lately.   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met with two different recruiters from Cat, each individually. They asked questions, mostly behavioral-based about my past and some questions about my resume and why I wanted to work for Caterpillar. I was nervous, but looking back it was a pretty easy interview. They were friendly and it was over before I new it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt your integrity was compromised and how did you respond?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were a leader, you made a decision and it was not popular.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2014.

Interview Details – Caterpillar Inc started their recruitment process with a presentation on what they have to offer, what they expect and where they stand globally. Following which, i made my mind that i'm going to give my 100% to get into such a good organisation.
Recruitment Process:-

1. Written test :- Best paper I've given so far. Excellent mixture of aptitude questions, some subjective questions, technical questions along with few questions on coding. Questions were challenging. It was fun.

2. Group discussion :- Two topics were given. "Hard work or Smart Work" and surprisingly, "Cloud computing :Pros and Cons".

3. Personal Interview :- If you've done good projects and you are thorough with everything you have on your resume, you definitely have an edge over the others. Explain your projects thoroughly. There were some other technical questions, not so challenging though.

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing was the second group discussion topic. "Cloud Computing". May be it's justified, because only CS and IT branches were allowed for the recruitment process.   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Question – How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career services and received an on-campus interview. Consisted of two 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all very typical behavioral questions. Nothing hard or supring about it, just the typical "tell me about a time you ....". The interviewers vere very nice. Even though I did not get an offer I received a call.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you attempted to accomplish something and failed.   Answer Question

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!