Caterpillar Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

First spoke with Caterpillar at the Internship Fair at my school. Applied online for the position and was contacted about an on-campus interview that week. The process consisted of two 30 minute interviews. All of the questions were behavioral and they expect that you follow the S.T.A.R. approach.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say has been your biggest challenge so far?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Intern Interview

The process that was done in this situation was attending a career fair, then after dropping off a resume I had online application process to go through, then next step is a formal interview with the company representatives. The online process is a little lengthy, but is not to bad.

Interview Questions
    • Name Multiple reasons why you choose to talk with Caterpillar.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Job fair, invited to interview three days later. Interviewed twice with two different people on the same day. The whole interview process lasted an hour and a half and was given a tour the next day. Notification of job offer next day. Contacted by HR within three days of interview

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you persuaded a team member to agree to your idea and whether it worked or not.   Answer Question
    None

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar in April 2014.

Short phone screen with HR. Two one hour interviews with two different managers.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

I applied online and heard back for an interview maybe a month later. They recruit for internships mainly out of the midwest I found out once I got there so my experience was fairly different than other interns. The interview was a hour long behavioral question based interview. They answer questions about the company. Overall, it was pretty easy. They want to you respond in the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you saw an unsafe situation and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

After applying for the position I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Originally it was supposed to be two thirty-minute interviews, with both the direct supervisor for the internship position, as well as his manager, but for convenience it turned into an hour-long interview with both of them at the same time. They asked all behavioral questions, fairly common and nothing too difficult. Then there were about 20 minutes for my questions. I was contacted within 2 weeks for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

The interview process for an intern is relatively quick. It is a behavioral interview in person followed by a behavioral interview on the phone. Each interview is approximately 30 minutes in length.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

I went to my college career fair and i spoke with the company representative. She told me about the coop/ internship opportunity they have at caterpillar. She asked of my interest and what are my career goals. After a week, i got an email to set up a one hour interview with them. On the day of the interview, I was first interview by a techical company representative for thirty minutes. She asked me question about my coursework and technical skills. The second half of the interview is with a HR company representative. She asked me alot of behavorial questions. I will definitely say i struggled with the behavioral question My advice for interviewees especially with technical background is to well prepared for behavioral questions. The interviewers were nice because they laughed to my jokes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an important decision you have made lately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Interviews were conducted on short notice following a college career fair.
    2 1-hour long interviews were conducted and I was notified of my offer within 2 weeks.
    I had 1 week to accept my offer and schedule a drug test (urine sample).

Interview Questions
    • They followed the STAR (Situation-Task-Action-Response) Interview style - be ready to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2009.

Met with two different recruiters from Cat, each individually. They asked questions, mostly behavioral-based about my past and some questions about my resume and why I wanted to work for Caterpillar. I was nervous, but looking back it was a pretty easy interview. They were friendly and it was over before I new it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you felt your integrity was compromised and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a leader, you made a decision and it was not popular.   Answer Question