Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar
- Intern (21)
- Engineer (21)
- Accounting Intern (10)
- Engineering Intern (10)
- Engineering (9)
- Technical Marketing (9)
- Mechanical Engineer (8)
- Senior Associate Engineer (7)
- Accounting (6)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Manufacturing Engineer (6)
- Internship (5)
- Marketing Representative (4)
- Accountant (4)
- Logistics (4)
- IT Analyst (4)
- Operations Supervisor (4)
- Project Manager (3)
- Senior Design Engineer (3)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- IT Analyst I (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Associate Engineer (3)
- Staff Accountant I (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- Metallurgical Engineer (3)
- Finance Treasury (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- LTDP (2)
- Engineering Internship (2)
interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2014.
Interview took place shortly after school career fair. Offer was given the next day. No need to dress super professional, just need stuff in your head. Questions were mostly behavioral. I could tell from their questions they wanted leaders, people who are motivated.
- Describe a time you worked above and below par. And why did this happen? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar
Internship InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar.
Sent resume by email, got an interview offer on-site
- Tell me about the situation when you work as a team and other team member did not agree about your idea. What did you do to convince them. Answer Question
Internship InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in May 2012.
There are only behavioral questions in the interview. When have you gone beyond the call of duty? Tell me a time when you were a leader? Tell me about a time where you had somebody difficult to work with in a group and how did you handle the situation? Pretty basic/expected stuff. Having hands on experience and or design experience would definitely help to get this internship.
- They are all behavior based. If you look up behavioral questions online you should be fine as long as you prepare. Answer Question
Internship InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai (India)).
It was an on campus recruitment. It consisted of a written test , then gd then interview.
In electronics side, in written exam technical question consisted of ques from C, C++, OOPS, DL, analog, then a quants section and verbal section. Verbal was quite tough. GD topic was safety and innovation in technology.
- they gave me an expression and asked me to implement it using flip flop. Answer Question
Internship InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Caterpillar.
Typical behavioral interview questions. e.g. working in a group, dealing with conflict
- Interview questions were fairly straightforward. Answer Question
Hourly rate was non-negotiable
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review