Caterpillar Internship Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2014.

Interview took place shortly after school career fair. Offer was given the next day. No need to dress super professional, just need stuff in your head. Questions were mostly behavioral. I could tell from their questions they wanted leaders, people who are motivated.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you worked above and below par. And why did this happen?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Sent resume by email, got an interview offer on-site

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the situation when you work as a team and other team member did not agree about your idea. What did you do to convince them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in May 2012.

There are only behavioral questions in the interview. When have you gone beyond the call of duty? Tell me a time when you were a leader? Tell me about a time where you had somebody difficult to work with in a group and how did you handle the situation? Pretty basic/expected stuff. Having hands on experience and or design experience would definitely help to get this internship.

Interview Questions
    • They are all behavior based. If you look up behavioral questions online you should be fine as long as you prepare.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Typical behavioral interview questions. e.g. working in a group, dealing with conflict

Hourly rate was non-negotiable