Caterpillar

253 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Demand Analyst Interview

Demand Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Question – None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

Product Development

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details – One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

Staff Accountant I

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Section Manager III Interview

Section Manager III
Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2013.

Interview Details – This process is very detailed. You are contacted by email and telephone and then go thru behavioral/Situation, Task, Action, Results format interviewing. If offered the position you will be called by telephone and then followed up with a letter. Those not offered the position are mailed a letter or emailed.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on my salary

Technical Marketing Interview

Technical Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Question – more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Rhinelander, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Interview Details – Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Interview Question – None that you would not hear in a normal interview   Answer Question

Process Engineering Supervisor Interview

Process Engineering Supervisor
Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Interview Details – Began with email communication with human resources. This was followed by a phone interview. There was then a first and second interview about 3 weeks apart. Overall a great process as they always kept me informed on the status.

Interview Question – If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?   Answer Question

Global Purchasing Interview

Global Purchasing
Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was quick and in depth. Hiring manager asked about my past job experience and what qualities I have that would work well in this job. I was also asked about my individual characteristics that would make me a good fit for this company.

Interview Question – Describe a time when I did not work well with someone and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Corporate Intern Interview

Corporate Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiters at the Engineering Career Fair at my college. Few days later got an email to do an on-campus interview. Interview was behavioral and I was asked to follow a STAR analysis. They looked for how well I answered the questions while following STAR. The interview process consisted of two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Need to follow STAR analysis   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Apply online after career fair and had a face to face interview at my school 3 days later. Heard back with an email offer within 2 months. Was required to maintain a certain GPA until the start of the internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult problem or situation you were faced with and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!