Caterpillar Interview Questions & Reviews

256 interviews

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Demand Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Questions
    • None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question
    Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Section Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2013.

This process is very detailed. You are contacted by email and telephone and then go thru behavioral/Situation, Task, Action, Results format interviewing. If offered the position you will be called by telephone and then followed up with a letter. Those not offered the position are mailed a letter or emailed.

There was no negotiation on my salary

Technical Marketing Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Questions
    • more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rhinelander, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Rhinelander, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Process Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Began with email communication with human resources. This was followed by a phone interview. There was then a first and second interview about 3 weeks apart. Overall a great process as they always kept me informed on the status.

Interview Questions
    • If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?   Answer Question

Global Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.

Interview was quick and in depth. Hiring manager asked about my past job experience and what qualities I have that would work well in this job. I was also asked about my individual characteristics that would make me a good fit for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when I did not work well with someone and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Corporate Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Talked to recruiters at the Engineering Career Fair at my college. Few days later got an email to do an on-campus interview. Interview was behavioral and I was asked to follow a STAR analysis. They looked for how well I answered the questions while following STAR. The interview process consisted of two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!