Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I had an online test at Snelling Staffing for this position. Then an interview with potential lead, supervisor, and his boss. Then a drug test. Pretty straightforward. In fact I don't even remenber what was discussed. Caterpillar Corporate contacted me with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered the bottom pay for the salary grade range.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

The interview will be completed by three current employees. Usually one is your boss, a fellow coworker and another manager that reports to the same general manager as your boss. The questions follow the SMART format, situation, measurable action, results and time. Each individual rates your score basically from a 1-5. After the interview, they make a consensus to determine what your overall score should be. Best overall score would either be offered the job or the top candidates might go through a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a time you had to lead a team through a difficult task.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Had one on one with three different managers.one hour of interview with each one of them.Moslty S.T.A.R. Questions. Hiring process is slow.took me almost 3 months before I got an offer. Technical questions.

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

2 30 minutes behavior interviews by two different HR people. I really don't understand why we need to be asked so many behavior questions. They didn't even ask you to introduce yourself or why you want this job.

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Targeted selection process entails your (future) boss asking you specific questions and several other people asking you similar questions to ensure the best candidate is objectively selected for the position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to struggle with uncertainty   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted via e-ail to set up a 1 hour phone interview where the questions where all tell me a time you did/experience blank. For these questions, you use the STARs method which is to describe the situation, describe the task, describe your actions, and summarize the results. After the phone interview, I was invited to Peoria, IL. to interview in person. After they brought me to there cafeteria, we went up to the first interview. The interview questions were the same type as the phone but with a more personable affect. I ended up doing three of these interviews. After the interviews were all said and done, I went to lunch in the cafeteria, view a presentation by HR, and was taken to the visitor center. This concluded my day of interviews which lasted from 8:30am to around 3pm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Just a single phone interview of two 30 minute sessions, they said right away that it would be the only round as well. In the interview they asked mostly behavioral questions, about 6 or 7 for each 30 minute session. Each 30 minute session had a different interviewer and they asked nearly identical questions but you were supposed to come up with different situations to answer the similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you inspired someone to work harder.   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar (Thomasville, GA).

Interview

Submitted an application and heard back from them a few months later to come in for an interview. At the interview, I went in and was seated before 5 people and was different questions and was then allowed to ask questions. It was intended to be a difficult interview, I guess to see how you were under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something related to safety that you did to make your workplace safer?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (South Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly informal initial phone call, leading to an in person interview. Manager and Supervisor seemed very interested in me as a candidate, which lead to them pursuing options they could do internally. STAR format questions, had previous experience with them so it made it easier, if you can tie your answers financially (cost benefits) in regards to their topic always a plus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you witnessed a safety issue and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, process took a couple weeks. Two 1 hour interviews with 2 different interviewers. All behavioral questions which didn't allow me to show my technical skills even though I was applying for a software position. Never heard back even though the interviewer said they would keep me posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict within a group.   Answer Question