Caterpillar Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014
256 interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through the school's website and they called for an interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral based questions with two different people in a one hour block.   Answer Question

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Contract interview. Two round with agency and phone interview with hiring manager and senior engineer. Ask simple question about background and suggestions to company

Analyst Interview

2 on-site interviews.
    All behavior questions.

Logistics Interview

It was a great process. I did not get the job but the people interviewing me were very friendly and it seemed like it would be a great place to work. I will definitely be applying again in the future

Interview Questions
    • What specifically have you done to improve efficiencies in a job?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer (Gearbox Analyst) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Failed on my 1st telephone interview with Cat. Got the interview 3 days after submission of my resume. The interviewer was the hiring manager who is from technical background, so all the questions are purely technical, which were very different from the job description. You gotta be very knowledgeable to go to the next round.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

First Interview in campus, second was in Peoria, three different interviews with three different people. It was some time ago, so I don't quite remember well. They also took us on a tour in one of their manufacturing facility as far as I remember.

Interview Questions
    • I don't wanna give a wrong question, since this was some time ago.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Consisted of 2, one on one interviews. Each lasted half an hour long. The interviews were very rushed for some reason, although it seemed like everything was on time. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you led, but had someone else try to take the leadership position.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interviewed with CAT at a job fair. All questions were STAR based. The interviewer took a ton of notes during my answers to the questions. In the 15 minutes allotted for the interview, there were about 10 to 12 questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too off the wall. There were common questions, such as "What is one thing that you have done wrong recently, and what would you have done otherwise in hindsight to correct it" and "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a team member (in work, school, etc.) and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Applied through campus career services and received an on-campus interview. Consisted of two 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all very typical behavioral questions. Nothing hard or supring about it, just the typical "tell me about a time you ....". The interviewers vere very nice. Even though I did not get an offer I received a call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you attempted to accomplish something and failed.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I talked to someone at the career fair. They later emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me.

There were two interviews back to back. Both were 30 minutes long. Two really nice guys who asked just about all behavioral questions. They asked three questions at a time, and you got to pick which one you wanted to answer. That made it really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to just talk about yourself. They may ask you to just talk about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!