Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2015.

Interview

STAR interview, situation, task, action and result. Selected questions all applicants are given by interviewer; scored based on consensus of 2-3 people. The interview was 12-15 questions catered to quality, cost, performance and management.

Interview Questions

• Work groups can lose sight of customer needs over a period of time. Describe when your work group got off track in maintaining focus on the customer and how you got them back on track.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Normal, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. It was two 30 minute interviews with one different manager each. Some questions were not bad and some were hard. With each interview some questions were the same and some different. Both interviewers were very polite.

Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Situation, Task, Action, Result format. Tell the full story of the situation, how you handled it, and how YOU impacted the situation. It is important to keep the focus on your actions. It is typical for them to begin the process by having you walk them through your resume and casually and comfortably introducing yourself. It helps to go into the interview with strong examples in their back pocket and then tailor those examples to the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a person you were working with.   Answer Question

monteur assembleur mécanicien en ligne Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grenoble (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar (Grenoble (France)) in December 2011.

Interview

trois mois avant de rentrée dans l'entreprise. des testes avant et nous jugé si la personne convient ou pas . chaque teste passer trois semaine attente , jusque il y a trois teste et en suite trois semaines de stage aussi , pour voir les capacité du montage . et dernière semaine , ces l'entretien avec le chef équipe.

Interview Questions

• les questions ces la: sécurité , la vélocité , et la productivité. de l'entreprise qui peux nous prendre ou pas. ces se qu'il attend de nous .   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Follow by on site interview. The onsite interview was with the hiring manager, the engineering team lead, and the engineer. All the questions were behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Inteview questions are behavior questions. No technical questions   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (South Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly informal initial phone call, leading to an in person interview. Manager and Supervisor seemed very interested in me as a candidate, which lead to them pursuing options they could do internally. STAR format questions, had previous experience with them so it made it easier, if you can tie your answers financially (cost benefits) in regards to their topic always a plus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you witnessed a safety issue and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewers themselves told me to answer using the STAR method. Tell me about your team work experience. Tell me about a time when you faced tension

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I had an online test at Snelling Staffing for this position. Then an interview with potential lead, supervisor, and his boss. Then a drug test. Pretty straightforward. In fact I don't even remenber what was discussed. Caterpillar Corporate contacted me with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered the bottom pay for the salary grade range.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I arrived onsite and was immediately led to a presentation room. A speaker discussed a little about Caterpillar and seemed to focus largely on compensation and benefits. They also discussed some of Caterpillar's core values as well as had us meet some of the higher ups that were involved in the interview process. They discussed what they did and asked if there were any questions. Following the presentation, we were drug tested and then led to our interviews. Three interviewers then sat down and asked mostly behavioral questions. I believe I was only asked one technical question. From there, we took a tour, ate lunch, and met where we would work if they found us suitable candidates. All in all a relatively enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you don't like about yourself/What is your biggest flaw?   1 Answer
    • What was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Oxford, MS) in June 2011.

Interview

A group of people sit and do a five star interview . If You ever work for Caterpillar you will find out that this information is confidential and however I would like to But I cannot share specific interview questions. Everyone Who has ever worked for a good company knows what a Five-Star Interview is Right?

Interview Questions

• Well actually what does every company first ask you really? Its a No-Brainer! 'WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY?'   1 Answer