Caterpillar

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

Intern Interview

The process that was done in this situation was attending a career fair, then after dropping off a resume I had online application process to go through, then next step is a formal interview with the company representatives. The online process is a little lengthy, but is not to bad.

Interview Questions
    • Name Multiple reasons why you choose to talk with Caterpillar.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

There was a 3 step process. Phone Interview. Second Phone Interview. Third there was a series of in person interviews. The in person interview was with three different managers and lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Not Difficult questions. They were all situational questions   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Tell them you want higher than what your current job is paying you. If they really want you they will pay it.

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Talked to the recruiter at a career fair at my university. I had seen the recruiter before at various events and tech talks. I submitted my resume online and within two weeks I was invited to an interview. The interview was done on my campus. There were 2 one-on-one back to back interviews, each about 20 minutes. Each interviewer asked a similar set of behavioral interview questions. A week later I received a job offer by email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with a group, and a group member was not pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2014.

Interview took place shortly after school career fair. Offer was given the next day. No need to dress super professional, just need stuff in your head. Questions were mostly behavioral. I could tell from their questions they wanted leaders, people who are motivated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked above and below par. And why did this happen?   Answer Question

Demand Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Questions
    • None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question
    Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Questions
    • more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   View Answer

Corporate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Talked to recruiters at the Engineering Career Fair at my college. Few days later got an email to do an on-campus interview. Interview was behavioral and I was asked to follow a STAR analysis. They looked for how well I answered the questions while following STAR. The interview process consisted of two 45 minute interviews.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Apply online after career fair and had a face to face interview at my school 3 days later. Heard back with an email offer within 2 months. Was required to maintain a certain GPA until the start of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult problem or situation you were faced with and how you solved it.   Answer Question