Caterpillar

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

It was pretty easy, I interviewed with a recruiter on campus. A series of two interview on one day/ Week later got an offer letter from the HR. The HR people are really nice else well as the other people that work there.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

First spoke with Caterpillar at the Internship Fair at my school. Applied online for the position and was contacted about an on-campus interview that week. The process consisted of two 30 minute interviews. All of the questions were behavioral and they expect that you follow the S.T.A.R. approach.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say has been your biggest challenge so far?   Answer Question

IT Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

I applied through college and the companies website. The process took approximately 4 weeks. My first behavioral interview was in campus, which was followed by second interview in Peoria. The company flies you to Peoria, IL and provides you with nice accommodation. The interview is behavioral interview and you will be interviewed by 3 hiring managers. If you prepare and remember the STAR method then you are good : )

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to review several proposals and make a recommendation. What factors did you consider in your analysis?   Answer Question
    The first offer was very competitive and I did not need to negotiate

Summer 2015 Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

I had a series of two interviews, both back to back, about 30 minutes each. Questions were shaped in a STAR format. Overall they were great interviewers, easy to talk to and replied with an offer within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

I had an offer at GE with slightly better benefits and career outlook. It was a tough choice.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair. Was asked to interview next day. Interview was behavioral - answer in the STAR format. Was told if interview went well would have second on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral - Asked to answer in STAR format. Give me a situation when...   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Initially applied through the university, and got an interview within a week. The person who conducted the interview was very friendly and encouraging. They notified me quickly about the first round interview, and I was not offered a second round interview.

OHN Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in October 2014.

Very pleasant, toured the facility and they answered any questions. Interviewers gave multiple questions. Gave outlook and insight into career and career paths. Gave company outlook. Had three interviews. Hiring process was quick and clean.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just read the job description and be prepared for any related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process that was done in this situation was attending a career fair, then after dropping off a resume I had online application process to go through, then next step is a formal interview with the company representatives. The online process is a little lengthy, but is not to bad.

Interview Questions
    • Name Multiple reasons why you choose to talk with Caterpillar.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

There was a 3 step process. Phone Interview. Second Phone Interview. Third there was a series of in person interviews. The in person interview was with three different managers and lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Not Difficult questions. They were all situational questions   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Tell them you want higher than what your current job is paying you. If they really want you they will pay it.

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Talked to the recruiter at a career fair at my university. I had seen the recruiter before at various events and tech talks. I submitted my resume online and within two weeks I was invited to an interview. The interview was done on my campus. There were 2 one-on-one back to back interviews, each about 20 minutes. Each interviewer asked a similar set of behavioral interview questions. A week later I received a job offer by email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with a group, and a group member was not pulling their weight.   Answer Question