Caterpillar

251 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – I got in through campus recruiting. They came in and did the first round - 2 30-min interviews back to back. I got the offer soon afterwards.

Interview Question – Don't remember - it wasn't too bad. behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Campus career fair is a must, then a series of two back to back, behavioral based interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were behavior based. As for any interview, be sure to have enough questions to ask at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They base intern pay off how much college completion.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Packaging Engineer
Morton, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Interview Details – Originally interviewed at college job fair. Received a call back and interviewed on site. All questions were targeted selection situational questions. Interviewed with 3 different managers for 3 different jobs that were available within the packaging group.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were not equipped to complete a task and how you went about doing so.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern FEA Interview

Summer Intern FEA
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2013.

Interview Details – Career Fair, then on-site interview at Research Park

Interview Questions

Process Control Engineer Interview

Process Control Engineer
Peoria, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Caterpillar in December 2011.

Interview Details – Communication was intermittent. I had initial interviews then a six week gap before a follow-up. After the second interview the offer came by phone within 12 hours.

Interview Question – It was a very standard interview. The must difficult part was the second round. The interviews poor english skills make communication troublesome. Caterpillar uses the STAR format for interview questions and if you deviate from the formate the interviewer will ask you to get back on the track. Two of the three interviewers had english as a second language and were ill-prepared for the interviews. This was very unexpected after the highly polished initial interviews with junior managers who had prepared in depth for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details – 2 on-site interviews.
All behavior questions.

Interview Question – Nothing special.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Mossville, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Managers that interviewed me was really nice and made me feel comfortable.
The overall experience was great. Everyone that I came in contact with at CAT made me excited to work there. :)

Interview Question – It was a 30 minute interview and the questions were expected.
For example, walk me through one of you experience on your resume.
What's your greatest strength? , What's your life plan?
Asking about computer skills and how to deal with working in a team.
  Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 on-campus interviews, 3 on-site interviews

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you failed at a project. What could you have done differently for a better outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Mossville, IL

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in August of 2013 it is now March of 2014. It seems that several holds were placed on hiring and the end of the year but I did phone interview in December and an on-site all expenses paid interview in January 2014. Being ex-military I got on board the old "hurry up and wait" mind set as I was warned might happen. Since I am currently employed I had no problem with it. Also, I have always had a good perspective on Caterpollar a real home-grown company as I am Illinois born andraised. Guess it's a kinda pride for no good reason other than blind faith in my home state and it's people. Gotta believe in something, right? In any case the team lead who I runs the projects for the department picked me up for breakfast from the hotel and we got to know one another as good ol illinois brothers do. He wasn't anything less than I expected after getting to know hom over a 1.5 hour phone interview. He's a sharp guy and I expected to meet similar folks on the team. I wasn't disappointed .... a very knowledgable staff that I'm guessing was hand picked as was happening with me as I am finding out... another long story.
So, I sat through five interviews with the department heads and the software engineering group as well. All had thefamil8ar midwestern low-key and comfortable confidence with a healthy admiration for the work they do and a refreshing yet not surprising quote loyalty runny under it all. .... now remember I'm a bit patrotic and it always warms my heat to see the innocent love and devotion an engineer has for his lifes work.

Okay, I'll cut to the chase.... all semed to go well enough after 5he barrage 9f situational questioning..as I have 25 plus years to provide severay answers to the seemingly similar questions.

I was given a tour of thelabwere the project was contained and google-eyed the hardware as it was reminiscent of a familiar system I had previously worked on and with many good memories.

As we drove back to the hotel I felt as c9mfortable if not more with the lead and would com0ar3 it to a family kinda feeling.We both conveyed that we thought all went well and parted our ways .As I exited his car he said " you'll be hearing from us very soon!"

So after a couple days I got word that they were interested and felt I would be a good fit. However, the job posting would need to run out before an offer could be made. And that's where I'm at this week. Expecting a call any day.....

Even if, by some chance I don't get the position it was a great experience both technically and personally rewarding.

...... waiting for offer.

Interview Question – None unexpected. All easily answered beca7se they were based on experience.   Answer Question

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

6 Sigma Black Belt

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details – Interview process depends on the business unit and hiring manager, but will usually involve multiple people from varying job role asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict? Give a specific example of the situation, and how you handled it.   Answer Question