Caterpillar Interview Questions

All behavior questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2014.

The Managers that interviewed me was really nice and made me feel comfortable.
    The overall experience was great. Everyone that I came in contact with at CAT made me excited to work there. :)

Interview Questions
    • It was a 30 minute interview and the questions were expected.
      For example, walk me through one of you experience on your resume.
      What's your greatest strength? , What's your life plan?
      Asking about computer skills and how to deal with working in a team.
        Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2014.

I came early to ensure I could get there even if I got lost. I was told to take a seat, and based off of how people came into work (it was an early interview, so people were still arriving) it seems like a nice place to work with lots of nice people. Since I was there early, I actually interviewed earlier than expected, which was fine. It was not a technical interview, just an hour or so worth of non-technical questions. I had two interviews. Both interviewers were quite nice and easy to talk with, and the questions were clear (not ambiguous). After being asked questions for a while, I was given the chance to ask them questions. Overall it was a good experience. I have not yet received an offer, but it hasn't been very long yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were leading a project and one of the members dominated the conversation. What did you do to help mitigate this?   Answer Question

6 Sigma Black Belt Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview process depends on the business unit and hiring manager, but will usually involve multiple people from varying job role asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict? Give a specific example of the situation, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Contract interview. Two round with agency and phone interview with hiring manager and senior engineer. Ask simple question about background and suggestions to company

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through the school's website and they called for an interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral based questions with two different people in a one hour block.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Very friendly and positive interview process. Format was straight forward with questions mostly asking "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

One single phone interview with technical and behavioral questions. The interview was conducted by two engineers. So went well along the expected lines. They mostly stuck to situation type scenarios. I heard most of the interviews for EDP and intern positions are mostly behavioral type questions.

None

Engineer Interview

targeted selection process..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Networking led me to this position. The interview was relatively simple with reading over my resume then taking a computer personality test. I was hired a week later than I should of after HR lost my info and waited 7 days until I called them about when they would schedule my pre-employment physical / drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Computerized standard behavioral interview question to determine your temperament and understanding of occupational safety.   View Answer
    The person I networked with told me to ask for $22/hr. The HR woman countered offered with a low balling $14/hr. I countered her offer of $19/hr and she said the managers don't even make that much (which I later find out was a lie). Her final offer was $17.76/hr, and (for the sake of my OCD) I asked for an even $18/hr but she was firm stating that was as high as she was authorized to go.