Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar
- Intern (21)
- Engineer (21)
- Accounting Intern (10)
- Engineering Intern (10)
- Engineering (9)
- Technical Marketing (9)
- Mechanical Engineer (8)
- Senior Associate Engineer (7)
- Accounting (6)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Manufacturing Engineer (6)
- Internship (5)
- Marketing Representative (4)
- Accountant (4)
- Logistics (4)
- IT Analyst (4)
- Operations Supervisor (4)
- Project Manager (3)
- Senior Design Engineer (3)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- IT Analyst I (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Associate Engineer (3)
- Staff Accountant I (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- Metallurgical Engineer (3)
- Finance Treasury (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- LTDP (2)
- Engineering Internship (2)
I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Caterpillar.
I first met them at my university's career fair. A few weeks later I interviewed with two people. The questions were fairly unremarkable - tell us about at time you worked as a team, tell us about a time that you had to ask for help, etc. Later that year, I got an offer for a summer internship.
- Nothing overly complex - just a general behavorial interview. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar
Logistics InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2014.
STAR method: Situation, Task, Action, Response. Must answer as specific as possible and using the STAR method or else your answer won't be highly valued. Follow up questions are asked to get you to answer using the STAR.
- Describe a recent problem you have been asked to solve. Answer Question
Logistics InterviewNo Offer
It was a great process. I did not get the job but the people interviewing me were very friendly and it seemed like it would be a great place to work. I will definitely be applying again in the future
- What specifically have you done to improve efficiencies in a job? Answer Question
Logistics InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2010.
The interview was heavily behavioral. The interview was very chatty and relaxed. It appeared that they were looking for examples of how you handled conflict and proof that you can live in less populated locations.
- Describe a situation in which you experienced a confict and describe how you handled it Answer Question