Caterpillar Logistics Services

Caterpillar Logistics Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

Logistics Analyst Interview

The interview was about an hour long with around 10 behavioral questions about different situations. It was a panel of three people. Just know the company's values and try to find situations you've been in that relate to those values. They are looking for well rounded people who have strong leadership skills and that are ambitious and motivated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a safety hazard and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Went to career fair and met with a representative. They asked me of my interest and then told me about the company. Told me to apply online and they would contact me for an on campus interview. Got an interview the next day. Intervies is STAR formatted. Got offer 2 days later

Logistics Planner Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

The company prefers to hire temporary and you will have to post to hire in order to get a full time position. The interview is usually by the manager in the area/department you desire to work.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interviewed at the end of my internship. Standard behavioral interviews looking for "STAR" (Situation/ task/ action/ result). Had issues getting an offer because I had applied to other divisions within Caterpillar- my application got stuck in "limbo". Luckily I had a contact who already worked at Cat who asked and got the ball rolling.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions- both positive and negative behavioral ones.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- all standard benefits and such. Asked for an extension to decide, but that was all.

Material Availability Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

The CAT interviews are expected to be answered in the S.T.A.R. format. Your first interview will consist of 2-3 supervisors. To begin with, the hiring supervisor will go over the requirements for the job. Next, the supervisors in attendance will ask you to talk a bit about yourself and may ask questions regarding your resume. Finally, each supervisor will begin to ask you behavioral interview questions which need to be answered in the S.T.A.R. method.

Interview Questions
    • We have all felt stress in our work lives. Tell me about work-related situations that cause stress for you. How do you typically handle such stress?   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in January 2014.

Contract position only hired through staffing agency. Hiring manager decides to set up interview then done. the interview lasts about an hour and consists mostly of a business psych test and an excel test. Then you wait.

Interview Questions
    • The excel test was truly unexpected so caught me off guard but other than that it was basic.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

They took forever to contact me and make travel arrangements for my final rounds. Once there everyone seems nice and make you feel like they want to hire you so they tell you that your doing a great job even during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you ensured that safety procedures were being followed.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in April 2012.

Multiple interviews testing & screening process seemed to be a little too much...The time it took to actually get hired was about 3 months from application to my start date...The process needs to be streamlined in order to facilitate a faster hiring process.

Supply Chain and Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in March 2012.

Came to my campus. They later contacted me asking me to interview in Illinois. Was interviewed by 3 people, an hour with each. Now awaiting a yes or no from them

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to prioritze. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Traffic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in December 2011.

Had initial interview at career fair, phone interview, then traditional on-site interview (flew in the night before, dinner with other students, then panel interview the next day). With every person I talked to, it was all about the S.T.A.R. Method. I was corrected when I didn't answer my questions in that format, and could tell they were organizing and ranking their notes on each part of the method. (all behavioral questions--tough). They also emphasized safety a lot. Interview day was 1 hour panel interview, tour around the offices, then drug test. Really enjoyed the dinner with the early professionals on the night before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you've noticed someone being unsafe and how you changed their behavior?   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed, great offer for recent grads!