Caterpillar Logistics Services

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Planner Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview Details – The company prefers to hire temporary and you will have to post to hire in order to get a full time position. The interview is usually by the manager in the area/department you desire to work.

Interview Question – The interviews are behavioral base.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the end of my internship. Standard behavioral interviews looking for "STAR" (Situation/ task/ action/ result). Had issues getting an offer because I had applied to other divisions within Caterpillar- my application got stuck in "limbo". Luckily I had a contact who already worked at Cat who asked and got the ball rolling.

Interview Question – Standard questions- both positive and negative behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- all standard benefits and such. Asked for an extension to decide, but that was all.

Transportation Analyst Interview

Transportation Analyst
Morton, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contract position only hired through staffing agency. Hiring manager decides to set up interview then done. the interview lasts about an hour and consists mostly of a business psych test and an excel test. Then you wait.

Interview Question – The excel test was truly unexpected so caught me off guard but other than that it was basic.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Clayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Got an email to go in for testing. Once you pass they will set you up for an interview and for a drug test. Go through the interview and they will contact you to go for a physical and if you pass that, they will call with a start date

Interview Question – What do you regret the most?   Answer Question

Material Availability Analyst Interview

Material Availability Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview Details – The CAT interviews are expected to be answered in the S.T.A.R. format. Your first interview will consist of 2-3 supervisors. To begin with, the hiring supervisor will go over the requirements for the job. Next, the supervisors in attendance will ask you to talk a bit about yourself and may ask questions regarding your resume. Finally, each supervisor will begin to ask you behavioral interview questions which need to be answered in the S.T.A.R. method.

Interview Question – We have all felt stress in our work lives. Tell me about work-related situations that cause stress for you. How do you typically handle such stress?   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Peoria, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services.

Interview Details – They took forever to contact me and make travel arrangements for my final rounds. Once there everyone seems nice and make you feel like they want to hire you so they tell you that your doing a great job even during the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you ensured that safety procedures were being followed.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Morton, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in January 2008.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview looking for STARs (Situation, Task, Actions, Results). On campus interview with one person, followed by onsite interview with three other people. Some questions repeated.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you witnessed someone doing something unsafe. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mostly very friendly people, but hard to tell what their roles were. Process was slow and confusing.

Supply Chain and Logistics Manager Interview

Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came to my campus. They later contacted me asking me to interview in Illinois. Was interviewed by 3 people, an hour with each. Now awaiting a yes or no from them

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to prioritze. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Traffic Analyst Interview

Morton, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had initial interview at career fair, phone interview, then traditional on-site interview (flew in the night before, dinner with other students, then panel interview the next day). With every person I talked to, it was all about the S.T.A.R. Method. I was corrected when I didn't answer my questions in that format, and could tell they were organizing and ranking their notes on each part of the method. (all behavioral questions--tough). They also emphasized safety a lot. Interview day was 1 hour panel interview, tour around the offices, then drug test. Really enjoyed the dinner with the early professionals on the night before the interview.

Interview Question – Can you describe a time when you've noticed someone being unsafe and how you changed their behavior?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed, great offer for recent grads!

Facility Manager Interview

Harrisburg, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar Logistics Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – I posted for the position internally and was selected as an interview candidate. The interview time and information was provided to me. I interviewed over the phone with other mid-level managers in the company. I was contacted later that night and offered the new position.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Caterpillar Logistics Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar Logistics Services interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar Logistics Services employees and interview candidates.