Caterpillar Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I talked to a rep at a career fair and she told me to apply online. After applying online, I heard back in a couple weeks and had an in person interview. I was interviewed by two people for a half hour each. After another couple weeks, they called me to tell me that they are pursuing other options.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Rhinelander, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Rhinelander, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied, got called for interview at Peoria. The hiring is done through HR and the manager then was very enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I first received a phone call and after that received an invitation for an in person interview. The interviews were in the STAR format. I had interviews with 3 people in 1 afternoon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Normal, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Single phone interview due to my remote location. Interviewed by two people. Both were very knowledgeable and understood the job requirements. Described the responsibilities and expectations of the position accurately. Spent time discussing how I would interact with the project team and asked for examples of my presentation and training skills and background. Asked questions that were directly related to my ability to execute the technical portion of the job.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any. All questions were directly related to the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal once it was determined that I fit the requirements. This was a contract position. Negotiation was focused on the minimum acceptable to close the deal for both parties.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in December 2007.

Interview

Easy questions. mostly use STAR approach. questions about specific situations and how you responded to those situations using the STAR approach. First round you have only just one interview. second round consists of three interviews back to back each interview being one hour long. they notify you of the offer within two weeks. company invites you for a plant vist during the interview and drug tests you right there

Interview Questions

• describe a siutation where you had to show leadership/ solve a problem/ had to face failure   Answer Question